INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club

+14
Gamina
tbeck3579
brigitte
Lady Otter Latté
Vandre
Trailrunner
RVGRINGO
CHILLIN
doc holiday
Rosa Venus
gringal
rvanparys
CanuckBob
SunshineyDay
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 11:47 am

RVGRINGO wrote:
tbeck3579 wrote:There was a statement about me having an attorney, but I don't see it now.  No I don't have one YET.  I contacted Spencer and explained the many things I will need an attorney for; will, Visa, etc. etc. and a home purchase.  However, I have not heard back from him so I need to find someone else.

In Mexico, regular attorneys (abogados) do not handle real estate, wills, etc. That is the perview of specialized attorneys, appointed by the state, and called Notarios. An abogado may be able to help you with visa questions, but visa applications must be made in your home country, at a Mexican consulate.  You, your husband, and your father will each need individual visas, and must apply in person. If an invalid is unable to appear, there may be special arrangements available from the consulate, but you would have to inquire. Check the website for the Mexican consulate serving your area.  Applications may be made up to six months before you enter Mexico. Then, you finish the process with INM immigration authorities with proof of residence, etc.  INM has an office in Chapala.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I appreciate that there are "specialties" and I appreciate I need very specialized advice from a professional. My Visa's need to be a little different. I have the background checks, etc., but importing household items, etc. etc. etc. I believe my dad will need a permanent resident visa so he won't need to travel back to the U.S., and I will need a temporary for import reasons. This is where a professional will come in. Notario's are great, but I prefer to have my own attorney read something I sign before I sign it. It's something that would make me feel more comfortable; the contract and request for big $$$ sorta makes my case here -- no need to dwell on that. I need a will drawn up and I need to get health insurance for my father. The only expectation for Seguro Popular is help with prescription costs, not much else. I will take him to private doctors and pay out of pocket. However, I need different health insurance. As you can see my needs are complicated and they are not straight forward.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 11:53 am

doc holiday wrote:  I came from the States.  Have bought and sold 5 houses and built one.  I would never even consider buying a hose without a mechanical/engineering inspection.  That is a prerequisite to me before an offer. it is my option, not theirs.  Otherwise, you are buying a pig in a poke or like buying a used car and then take it to the mechanic to see what is wrong with it.
  If the seller does not want to provide a mechanical/engineering inspection then there is a problem for sure

Why in the world would you buy a something without an inspection first?
    You are the buyer and have control.

If the custom is different in Canada you get screwed.

Take control and manage the deal.  Must have a GOOD lawyer if there is one.  

I come to agree that renting is the best option for at least a year.

That house could be a real pig to sell !!!!!

I wholeheartedly agree, even about the house being a pig.  It grunted at me, hehehe. Still, the rent... My father's interests may be best served if I spend $24,000 on a caregiver in the states as opposed to rent in Mexico. So, I'm not certain anyone here has "walked a mile in my shoes" so to speak.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Fri May 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Things you need prior to purchasing a house.
a. Your own lawyer.
b. Your own Notario.
c. Your selection of a home inspection which is normally paid by the buyer...
d. A copy of all HOA requirements.

Anything less and you are taking a chance...

My two cents

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Not two cents....a milñlion dollar advice

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri May 04, 2018 12:21 pm

I think Mexico will hold many surprises, and that they will not all come at once.  I must repeat: Notarios are highly qualified attorneys with special training and are appointed by the state to safeguard reale estate, wills, and other such transactions. Regular attorneys are not permitted to do those things.
Residente Permanente or Residente Temporal are no different in the matters regarding your personal goods entering Mexico.Neither requires that one return to the USA. Only a 180 day tourist permit (FMM) requires departure before expiry.  If you can each qualify for Permanente, go for it. It will save you from renewing for the next three years, before the transition to Permanente.
If you wish that another attorney, not your notario, read and evaluate your contracts with the real estate agency and/or your offers to purchase, you may certainly do that in addition to the services of a notario; but the notario is required to effect the transaction and for you to get a deed. A notario is also the only attorney who can prepare wills.
Health coverage in the form of insurance may be quite different from what you expect.  Pre-existing conditions may be excluded, age limitations may exclude private insurance, and Seguro Popular may not fit your needs or provide services in the way that you might expect.
If you are demanding of others for services or attention, you will soon find that you may be rejected out of hand. One soon learns that things are quite different in Mexico, and that we will not change them. Patience, politeness, pleasant personal interactions and smiles and handshakes are highly valued. The best example is when a newly arrive expat enters an office or store without offering a greeting, then wonders why nobody acknowledges them of offers assistance.  It is customary to enter and say buenos dias to all, with a smile, before asking for assistance or expecting any.  It is kind of nice, when you get used to it.  Without those little rituals, you can expect to be ignored. It is also wise to avoid argument of any kind with any authority, even if you are firmly convinced that they are wrong. You will never, ever, win. You may also never get a second chance.
So, if you are really convinced that a particular house is the one you want, and you have a pretty good idea of what it needs, then go for it.  Your real estate agent and notario will lead you through the process.  If you feel that you are being scammed in some way, you may simply walk away with a smile and a, “no thanks“, as you move on to another choice, or head back north.  You do have choices.  So do they.  Your task is difficult enough, considering your circumstances, but only you can make them easier or more difficult. The only certainty is that they will be different.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Fri May 04, 2018 1:05 pm

It's probably just me ........... but this whole conversation strikes me as very pescado-y.

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Fri May 04, 2018 1:12 pm

I somewhat agree

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Fri May 04, 2018 1:16 pm

The story keeps changing and new chapters added....what is next in this drama?

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 04, 2018 2:31 pm

doc holiday wrote:The story keeps changing and new chapters added....what is next in this drama?

I have to admit it's getting....odd. Is it possible that we've been ....um....successfully trolled?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 04, 2018 2:42 pm

Hmmmm........I don’t think so. Would be a pretty lame topic to troll with.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 04, 2018 2:48 pm

doc holiday wrote:The story keeps changing and new chapters added....what is next in this drama?

I have to admit it's getting....odd. Is it possible that we've been ....um....successfully trolled? I'd like to think not, but....doubts are sneaking in.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri May 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Funny, Gringal, my spidey sense has been twitching for a while now.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri May 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Not having a Notario is not an option , there research the titles and write them and you have to have them. That is the way it is here, You are not in The US anymore. Have a lawyer too, a lawyer works in your interest the Notario represent the Atte and the lawy and is unbiais. You can buy a house without an attorney , I did twice in this country but you cannot buy without a Notario.. It is that simple.

It does not sound like you are ready to buy and should figure out what you really want to do before spending the times of the sellers and the agent...
You are not the first person who bought an expensive house in this country but you look to me like you are heading for investing in an area you do not understand..You may want to take a breather.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Arrogance doesn't work here.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri May 04, 2018 6:02 pm

The title of this thread, and the very first post, say, "I found a home and made an offer".

That same first post also says, "I had an inspection..."

And now it seems neither has happened. I guess we've traveled back in time? scratch
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri May 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Trolled -- 3 pages worth

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 7:18 pm

rvanparys wrote:Things you need prior to purchasing a house.
a. Your own lawyer.
b. Your own Notario.
c. Your selection of a home inspection which is normally paid by the buyer...
d. A copy of all HOA requirements.

Anything less and you are taking a chance...

My two cents

I agree! I was feeling somewhat discouraged earlier today but not anymore! I'm a firm believer that if it was mean to happen it will happen, if not there is a good reason. Immediately after posting here this morning I met the RE agent at the house. Before talking to the RE agent about anything I explained I wanted to go over to the house that sold across the street a few months. There has been a large crew of people working very hard renovating the house. The owner was there and it was contrary to what the RE agent told about the owner; she said the owners were her friend - NOT. They are a gay couple from CA, from the same county as my father!!! Fate... They are doing the most beautiful remodel, the house is going to be awesome. They bought it as a "fixer upper" 3 months ago and it will be finished within the next month. He had looked at the house I was looking at but felt as I do; severely overpriced so he bought the house across the street. I got his name and number and his contacts! Awesome. I really thought my day couldn't get much better than that. We then went back to the house I thought I had made an offer on and I told the RE agent I wouldn't be signing the contract and said: "I'm very disappointed in you." Then explained I would follow through if she wanted to present the offer to the owners, but after that I'm done. She didn't look so "oh I will be helpful and honest", she was clearly p.o'd. I thought, good, now you know how I feel. Do what I did, suck it up and move on.

I went off to have a good time but decided to go to the store and buy a couple things for my fridge. I met the most awesome lady. She has been living in Mexico 15 years and just bought a house down the road. She is a caregiver for her husband so she completely understood what I'm dealing with. She showed me her house which was absolutely gorgeous. She gave me attorney and inspector contacts, contacts OUTSIDE of lake chapala area -- exactly what I needed. I know how small communities operate; they are tight knit. She then took me to run errands with her and I got a lot more good contacts! My day turned out absolutely awesome. I am back to the "I'm moving to Chapala" frame of mind.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Vandre wrote:It's probably just me ........... but this whole conversation strikes me as very pescado-y.

Fishy? It could be that there are many who have been in Mexico too long, hahaha. Lots of reasons why someone might become paranoid living here.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 7:24 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Hmmmm........I don’t think so. Would be a pretty lame topic to troll with.

You seem to have a good eye for trolling. :) Oh geez, I should buy you dinner. Come on over to the 5 star hotel but don't forget the Off, hehehe.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Arrogance doesn't work here.

It doesn't work anywhere.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 7:37 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:I think Mexico will hold many surprises, and that they will not all come at once.  I must repeat: Notarios are highly qualified attorneys with special training and are appointed by the state to safeguard reale estate, wills, and other such transactions. Regular attorneys are not permitted to do those things.
Residente Permanente or Residente Temporal are no different in the matters regarding your personal goods entering Mexico.Neither requires that one return to the USA. Only a 180 day tourist permit (FMM) requires departure before expiry.  If you can each qualify for Permanente, go for it. It will save you from renewing for the next three years, before the transition to Permanente.
If you wish that another attorney, not your notario, read and evaluate your contracts with the real estate agency and/or your offers to purchase, you may certainly do that in addition to the services of a notario; but the notario is required to effect the transaction and for you to get a deed. A notario is also the only attorney who can prepare wills.
Health coverage in the form of insurance may be quite different from what you expect.  Pre-existing conditions may be excluded, age limitations may exclude private insurance, and Seguro Popular may not fit your needs or provide services in the way that you might expect.
If you are demanding of others for services or attention, you will soon find that you may be rejected out of hand. One soon learns that things are quite different in Mexico, and that we will not change them. Patience, politeness, pleasant personal interactions and smiles and handshakes are highly valued. The best example is when a newly arrive expat enters an office or store without offering a greeting, then wonders why nobody acknowledges them of offers assistance.  It is customary to enter and say buenos dias to all, with a smile, before asking for assistance or expecting any.  It is kind of nice, when you get used to it.  Without those little rituals, you can expect to be ignored. It is also wise to avoid argument of any kind with any authority, even if you are firmly convinced that they are wrong. You will never, ever, win. You may also never get a second chance.
So, if you are really convinced that a particular house is the one you want, and you have a pretty good idea of what it needs, then go for it.  Your real estate agent and notario will lead you through the process.  If you feel that you are being scammed in some way, you may simply walk away with a smile and a, “no thanks“, as you move on to another choice, or head back north.  You do have choices.  So do they.  Your task is difficult enough, considering your circumstances, but only you can make them easier or more difficult.  The only certainty is that they will be different.

I agree. I have been more than patient with the lies and BS. Most would have dumped the RE agent long ago. I'm not particularly happy when someone tries to take my money. How about you? How long are you patient and polite with that?

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 pm

The OP either hasn't done her homework or is sadly misinformed about how things work here--like the visa misunderstanding. $24,000 for a caregiver in the US will pay for a lot of caregiver or retirement home here--like 2 years or more. She's not ready to move to Mexico.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 7:53 pm

Gamina wrote:The OP either hasn't done her homework or is sadly misinformed about how things work here--like the visa misunderstanding.  $24,000 for a caregiver in the US will pay for a lot of caregiver or retirement home here--like 2 years or more.  She's not ready to move to Mexico.

Okay, I've had a long day and I probably shouldn't rag on anyone, but this group is wearing on me. I am so glad I met someone nice today, someone who isn't clearly and a hole.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 pm

I cannot believe all this BS...awesome awesome awesome..... I know the Racquet Club is Good but ...awesome awesome awesome . Please give us all a break

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Evidently she/he is looking for some kind of postive reinforcement or just likes to share her lack of experience with us??

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm

I wondered why this forum had predominately negative emoticons; I'm not wondering any more.  It is filled with negative attitudes, rude, and disrespectful people who offer nothing but a flame.  An intelligent, helpful comment eludes them.

PLEASE, if you have nothing to offer, find a different topic to post in.  GET A LIFE!

As an after thought I wondered why this turned ugly AFTER I fired the agency catering to gringos.... Hmmm, just a WAG, but are the rude, disrespectful flamers a part of that agency? If you are, let me say... kiss this Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 501432 Made An Offer On Home In Raquet Club - Page 3 501432

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next