INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMSS and SP

4 posters

Go down

IMSS and SP Empty IMSS and SP

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

I have a couple of reports that might make you feel better about having these services. I have 2 Mexican neighbors that are alive and well thanks to them.

Pt 1 is a 55 year old male who while working in Ajijic suffered symptoms of heart attack. They took him to the Urgencia at the SP hospital in Chante. He was stabilized and transferred to Civil and to a Cath lab where a stent was placed. He is home and doing well and at last report he has paid nothing.

Pt 2 is a 65 year old female with a history of diabetes who became very sick and was diagnosed with acute renal failure and hospitalized at IMSS. She was put on dialysis and told to find a donor. Many many trips to Guad for appts and tests later her family began evaluations to see if any of them were a match, only her 30-something, newly wed and new parent son was a match. Tests, consults, counseling, and preparations were made to do the surgery. Upon final evaluation of the pt it was found that her very strict diet and medications were working, surgery was cancelled and she was discharged. She is now normal weight, adhering to the very strict (2 tortillas per week etc) diet and cruising around neighborhood with her grandson.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

IMSS and SP Empty Re: IMSS and SP

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon May 21, 2018 10:42 am

Thank you for sharing the good news! Happy for those families.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue May 22, 2018 11:45 pm

Definitely good to hear.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Important to know for Seguro Popular, cardio problems requiring stents, etc, are only covered if the patient is under 60 years old. After that, you would have to pay for a cath lab, but at a greatly reduced price. As per you post, I'm sure they have a cath lab at Civil. For example the general hospital (which takes Seguro Popular) wanted a CT scan. The cost was 2,500 pesos (compared to 4,500 as mentioned on TOB). This included the cost of an ambulance from the hospital to a private facility, and a bilingual doctor/intern/buddy for four hours.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 23, 2018 2:42 pm

That's right, and I'm glad you mentioned that. With SP, age matters! However, as you say, costs are greatly reduced. I also know they use basic stents but if you want a special blood thinner coated one you would have to pay for it. I'm ok with all that and am grateful they allow foreigners to enroll.

I don't think Civil has a cath lab, I thought they outsourced it. Cath labs are extremely expensive. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down