INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi

5 posters

Go down

Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi Empty Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi

Post by sm1mex Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:08 pm

With the 199 telcel plan which you can call U.S. or Canada free, Does anyone know when you are in the U.S. or Canada, can you use internet data, or texting without wi fi, using roaming through a cell tower for free, or is there a roaming charge?.

Also can you make a call in the U.S. and Canada through a cell tower without a charge?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi Empty Re: Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:13 pm

What is the name of your Telcel plan and how many days do you get for the $199 plan?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi Empty Re: Using Telcel phone in U.S and Canada without wi fi

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:14 pm

I believe there are roaming charges whenever connected to a network other than TelCels.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Ugh ! I have 1000 mb of data and unlimited wi fi. I was under the impression with the 199 plan you could use it just like if you were in Mexico, no charge for roaming in U.S. and Canada when no wi fi is available. One person checked with Telcel and they said no charge for roaming and I just had someone else check for Canada and U.S. and Telcel said yes there is a charge for roaming, so I'm confused for sure.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Mexico Pete: I get one month for the 199 pesos plan for 1000 mb data and free wi fi. Have to pay 199 every month, but I pay ahead and bank our pesos with Telcel so we don't have to bother with paying every month.
We had credit from our dumb phone amigo plan when we got our smart phone and they credited all of our every 60 days 100 pesos amigo card credit that we never used to our plan, so we have have credit on our account. But when it gets down to where we have to start paying monthly, we will go to Telcel at Laguna Plaza and pay ahead for several months. You can pay for as many months as you wish,
3-5-9-12, whatever, as long as you plan to keep your plan with Telcel and not cancel.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:29 pm

For $10 USD a month, or $13 CAD, I'd be happy if the thing worked at all.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 am

If you have the plan that allows free calls Mexico, Canada & USA, and you also have 1gb of data per month, it sounds like you have the same plan I do.  Mine is a contract plan that I signed up for a couple years ago.  Anyway, YES you can make calls and use data while in US or Canada.  Your phone should automatically switch to whoever is the partner carrier based on your geographic location.  When I was in Texas it was T-mobile.  All works as advertised.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:56 am

juanrey: So when you use data with no wi fi, you just open the app, like Google maps, and it automatically connects to the partner carrier with no roaming fees. ??

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down