INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telcel Internet Home

+2
caligirl108
Kiri
6 posters

Go down

Telcel Internet Home  Empty Telcel Internet Home

Post by Kiri Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:09 pm

https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/planes-de-renta/tarifas-y-opciones/internet-en-tu-casa

Please advise your experience with this system.... and the range of coverage....
TIA
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telcel Internet Home  Empty Re: Telcel Internet Home

Post by caligirl108 Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:35 am

Yes, I too would like to know of anyone's experience w TelCel internet modem & coverage...interim solution as Ilox builds out..?

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 am

I have my neighbour who purchase the system and he is obtaining 30+M. It is good, however I am hesitate to sign a 2 year contract with Telcel due to their practices with the Sin Limite plan that changes by the month!
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by N2Futur Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

We bought the Telcel modem in August (2000 p), love it! Speeds are amazing. The 2 year contract only applies, if you rent the modem. They had a special in August, 199 p per month, we are grandfathered in at that price. We have traveled with it, too. With a a AC/DC inverter in the car, works great. And no more lousy internet reception in hotels, either...
N2Futur
N2Futur

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 pm

What about this for an Telmex alternative ?

Skyroam Solis
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:27 am

Just signed up for the Telcel Internet en Su Casa service with Ana at the Telcel store near Alex's. Absolutely fabulous service.

Ana Maria Romero H, 376 766 1254/331 411 9100

I signed up for a plan that includes a modem for use in the house and a new SIM card to go in my phone. Got the modem the same day - although she said it could take a day or two. She called me and told me when it was ready. She even came back to the store at 7pm last night for me to pick it up. She spent some time going through all the setup details. VERY thorough and complete explanation. The new SIM card will be available on Monday as the are porting over the number from my existing Telcel plan so I can keep the same number.

One option is the two year contract with the modem costing $2000 pesos. The cost is included in the monthly bill.

Another option - and the one I used - is to pay $2500 pesos for the modem up front and then a 3 month commitment. Paid for the modem, three months at $399/month some of which is a deposit. Walkout total was around $3700. I start paying the $399/month in March with the remaining deposit to be applied it the end if & when I cancel.

Got home and had it setup in about 5 minutes. Couldn't have been easier. And the service Ana provided could not have been better. Definitely the go to place.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by TooMuchCoffee Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Kiri wrote:I have my neighbour who purchase the system and he is obtaining 30+M. It is good, however I am hesitate to sign a 2 year contract with Telcel due to their practices with the Sin Limite plan that changes by the month!

As noted in a posting below, you do NOT need to make a 2 year commitment when signing up for this plan.  Anna Maria has it right and the local Telcel office is completely clueless on this.

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TooMuchCoffee Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:08 pm

REC wrote:Just signed up for the Telcel Internet en Su Casa service with Ana at the Telcel store near Alex's. Absolutely fabulous service.

Got home and had it setup in about 5 minutes. Couldn't have been easier. And the service Ana provided could not have been better. Definitely the go to place.

Can you tell me what download and upload speeds you are achieving on your $399 plan?

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:10 pm

10 up and 10 down almost all of the time but I believe I entered the wrong amount - it is $599/month.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down