INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicotine Patch:

+2
Carry Bean
Kiri
6 posters

Go down

Nicotine Patch: Empty Nicotine Patch:

Post by Kiri Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Nicotine Patch: Anyone know if this available, preferably locally?

TIA

Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Nicotine Patch: Empty Re: Nicotine Patch:

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 am

It used to be but I think they're no longer available.  For years I used the nicotine cartridges until I got off those and they along with the patches and gum were available.  No more from what I hear from a friend that uses them.  I looked for her as well and couldn't find them.  Best have a friend bring them down. They're available on Mercado Libre Mexico however.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 am

As seems to be the case with pain medications, Mexico's attitude toward suffering is a bit different from that in the U.S. Suffering is to be expected, tolerated and overcome. A test of "character" (or something). Maybe part of the "macho" culture.

Cold turkey quitting won't kill anyone, but it can make life pretty miserable for quite a while. However, I have several friends who have used the various quitting aids and just can't seem to reach the time of parting, permanently. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin and more so for women. As a long ago heavy smoker, I am familiar with the problem. For those of us who had the habit, the end result many years later can be COPD, if not lung cancer. Do whatever you need to quit, but QUIT!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:11 am

It is not the Nicotine that's particularly addictive or bad. It's all the other shit that's in tobacco. I could care less now if I leave my vaper at home but I will pay for not vaping because it acts as a stimulant for me and is also a REM suppressant which lessens the severity and frequency of cataplexy.
We are all unique.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 am

Vaping is as bad as smoking anyhow. You can get a disease called "popcorn lung" among other things. Definitely not a safe substitute for smoking.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 am

I'll have a life even though it MAY be shorter. Lungs are fine and heart is fine even though I smoked cigarettes for 40 years.
Each of us is genetically unique.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 am

What's "popcorn lung"?

Nicotine is the additive substance, but the lungs are damaged by the tobacco smoke. The doc showed me my lung picture some time ago and it wasn't pretty. The notion that your body renews itself over time isn't necessarily so. It's been more than three decades since I quit cold turkey after getting up to three packs a day.

Ferret is correct that we are all unique: it's not that unusual for someone to drink and smoke heavily and reach their 100th birthday.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 am

My husband quit smoking when he was 24. He was told recently by a doctor after a lung xry tht he shul quit smoking so obviously serious damage can be seen years later.. Mean while I had dirty lung as a kid as I was raised in Paris and ended up with TBand I have no visible sign of either..Yes everyone is different and leads different types of life.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:33 pm

gringal wrote:What's "popcorn lung"?

Nicotine is the additive substance, but the lungs are damaged by the tobacco smoke.  The doc showed me my lung picture some time ago and it wasn't pretty. The notion that your body renews itself over time isn't necessarily so.  It's been more than three decades since I quit cold turkey after getting up to three packs a day.

Ferret is correct that we are all unique: it's not that unusual for someone to drink and smoke heavily and reach their 100th birthday.

Popcorn lung was first discovered in some people who worked with the butter flavoring chemical found in microwave popcorn (hence the name). The same chemical is in vaping products. When I first quit smoking I tried the vaping thing until I read about the side effects. Threw that in the garbage too.

3 packs a day Gringal? Yeah, that will certainly have some negative repercussions......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:08 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:What's "popcorn lung"?

Nicotine is the additive substance, but the lungs are damaged by the tobacco smoke.  The doc showed me my lung picture some time ago and it wasn't pretty. The notion that your body renews itself over time isn't necessarily so.  It's been more than three decades since I quit cold turkey after getting up to three packs a day.

Popcorn lung was first discovered in some people who worked with the butter flavoring chemical found in microwave popcorn (hence the name). The same chemical is in vaping products. When I first quit smoking I tried the vaping thing until I read about the side effects. Threw that in the garbage too.

3 packs a day Gringal? Yeah, that will certainly have some negative repercussions......

Trust me, I'm payin' for the sins of my youth, in spades, IMO.
 Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down