INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who builds a quality pool .. someone from lakeside or Guadalajara

+3
conejorapido
cvanparys
Sherman
7 posters

Go down

Who builds a quality pool ..  someone from lakeside or Guadalajara Empty Who builds a quality pool .. someone from lakeside or Guadalajara

Post by Sherman Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:05 pm

It was my understanding that Home Services built a good pool, but I've just had a bad experience with them and don't want to use them again. Burned once makes me less willing to try again. So, other suggestions either lakeside or from Guadalajara?

Thanks ..... Dead Horse

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Who builds a quality pool ..  someone from lakeside or Guadalajara Empty Re: Who builds a quality pool .. someone from lakeside or Guadalajara

Post by cvanparys Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 am

Rudy Renteria of Ajijic marble and granite 7661306

cvanparys

Back to top Go down

Who builds a quality pool ..  someone from lakeside or Guadalajara Empty Re: Who builds a quality pool .. someone from lakeside or Guadalajara

Post by conejorapido Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:20 pm

Another recommendation for Rudy. Easy to work with, good crew, excellent results

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:09 pm

We used Rudy for our granite, back in 2004, and we were amazed at the dust the job created. Then, we were amazed that there was no trace of dust or any disruption at the end of the installation. It was beautiful, and I suspect that it still remains so.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Raymundo Blas
constructionsray@hotmail.com

Excellent planner, good workers... very pleased....

We have had them back for other projects ... very pleased
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:16 pm

hockables wrote:Raymundo Blas

Excellent planner, good workers...  very pleased....

We have had them back for other projects ...  very pleased

There have been several posts from this contractor over the years .... 'no' on the pool and I won't have him back in my house for anything nor will I use any contractor that uses him as a sub. Among the many games he plays, if something starts going wrong .... instead of him making 'good' of the work or problem, he stops paying his maestro(s), and then files a labor complaint if you don't respond to his demands.

I'm glad you had a good experience .... but that's not the case for many who he has threatened with a lawsuit if they speak out.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Sherman wrote:
hockables wrote:Raymundo Blas

Excellent planner, good workers...  very pleased....

We have had them back for other projects ...  very pleased

There have been several posts from this contractor over the years .... 'no' on the pool and I won't have him back in my house for anything nor will I use any contractor that uses him as a sub.  Among the many games he plays, if something starts going wrong .... instead of him making 'good' of the work or problem, he stops paying his maestro(s), and then files a labor complaint if you don't respond to his demands.  

I'm glad you had a good experience .... but that's not the case for many who he has threatened with a lawsuit if they speak out.

Really..??
I'm sorry... I've not heard anything like that...
We've had a Pool, patio, pumphouse, a bathroom/change room, an expansion project in the master bedroom, and finally all the windows switched to sealed window units....
Only complaint I ever had was he can be hard to locate at times but I always assumed that was because he was busy...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:34 pm

unfortunately ... 'really!
When i first started having problems, it took a good while to find someone who would speak out because they were concerned about being sued. I finally started getting a phone call or two ...... Absent on site appears to be the norm, but he says in advance that you will see him regularly.... it was only to collect money. If you have a good maestro, then you are lucky and may get good work.

I could talk about the walls that split from inside and out on the additional they did, roof leaking, roof sealing had to be removed after they screwed it up the first time, stairs they built from scratch ... they did not try to secure any of the dirt under the starts and the stairs shift and crack, they did not attach the stair case to the patio and the whole staircase started moving ... I had to have someone else come back in and break into the staircase and the bottom of the terrace to weld the two, which is what should have been done in the first place. The wall that separated had to be broken into on the inside and outside and some welding done on the beam which had not been properly done in the first place .... I could go on.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Sherman wrote:unfortunately ... 'really!
  When i first started having problems, it took a good while to find someone who would speak out because they were concerned about being sued.  I finally started getting a phone call or two ......  Absent on site appears to be the norm, but he says in advance that you will see him regularly....  it was only to collect money.   If you have a good maestro, then you are lucky and may get good work.  

I could talk about the walls that split from inside and out on the additional they did, roof leaking, roof sealing had to be removed after they screwed it up the first time, stairs they built from scratch ...  they did not try to secure any of the dirt under the starts and the stairs shift and crack, they did not attach the stair case to the patio and the whole staircase started moving ...  I had to have someone else come back in and break into the staircase and the bottom of the terrace to weld the two, which is what should have been done in the first place.  The wall that separated had to be broken into on the inside and outside and some welding done on the beam which had not been properly done in the first place ....  I could go on.

I know Raymundo sent a couple of guys over to Bobs to fix some Pool Tiles...   Bob wasn't impressed...
I just wrote it off asunqualified workers...  
The fellas he's had at our place were from San Juan Cosalla...  for the pool, change room, and bedroom...
They were great...   Window guys.. not as good... but I realized they were window guys, not his guys..
Took longer than I wanted but the job was done, work was good, and the price was as quoted...

Always a cold one on hand.., stop by and have a look some time...
Haven't heard from Bob yet... he was pleased with the crew doing his Renos...

I think there is a lot of hit and miss... Sorry about Raymondo...   certainly wasn't trying to steer you wrong.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm

for those where the work has gone well, as for you, it's one situation. But that is not always the case .... and i know he pulls people 'off the street', sometimes not qualified, etc. In my case, it was two experienced maestros and a problem for one drinking on the job. As I said, it took me a while to find others to see if I 'was the only one' and just had a 'bad batch.' But, I wasn't the only, and I'm not the only one. And, if you are talking about Cannuck Bob ... I believe he is one person with not a good experience ... but you'd have to check with him because it has been a while since I did any checking.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:11 am

Yes, I wasn't pleased with Raymondo's workers. They repaired some missing pool tiles, I filled the pool and the tiles came right back off within a day. I had to drain the pool again and have them re-do it. The second time around the tiles lasted about 3 months. I didn't bother calling him back. Raymondo seems like a nice guy but as stated above, he sometimes gets lousy workers and doesn't check up on them or their work until payday. He is certainly not the only construction guy guilty of this. I have been unhappy with some recent work done by my "good" guy. Not so good anymore...…..

I am watching this thread because I want to totally re-do my pool next year. I am thinking of a gunite finish versus the tiles. They make some pretty good finishes such as Diamond Brite. I would never do a pool in the tiles if I could avoid it.

https://diamondbrite.us/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:28 am

Does diamond brite have a distributor, and someone who can do the work, in Mexico? As I've looked at other options, the problem is getting the product and someone who knows what they are doing to work with it.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:59 am

Getting the product won't be a problem but finding a competent installer could be.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Raymundo Blas is not to be trusted, right along with Elia Ibarra who professes to build the best houses in the Chapala area. Do not use either contractor for your pool.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, I wasn't pleased with Raymondo's workers. They repaired some missing pool tiles, I filled the pool and the tiles came right back off within a day. I had to drain the pool again and have them re-do it. The second time around the tiles lasted about 3 months. I didn't bother calling him back. Raymondo seems like a nice guy but as stated above, he sometimes gets lousy workers and doesn't check up on them or their work until payday. He is certainly not the only construction guy guilty of this. I have been unhappy with some recent work done by my "good" guy. Not so good anymore...…..

I am watching this thread because I want to totally re-do my pool next year. I am thinking of a gunite finish versus the tiles. They make some pretty good finishes such as Diamond Brite. I would never do a pool in the tiles if I could avoid it.

https://diamondbrite.us/

I remember what it was they did now..
They used the wrong adhesive on your tile...   stupid mistake.
Sorry your guy is falling out of favor...   seems to be going around  :)
Like I said... I think there is a lot of hit and miss...

For me...  Raymondo aside...  the fella who oversaw the workers also did the major plumbing and
Installed pool lights.. The wiring he did a " fantastic " job chiseling out channel for wiring in  brick... then covered in cement and dye...  I know where the work was done... and you cannot see it...
This Guy ... knew his stuff...   I watched them construct that pool for 5 weeks..  and I was impressed.

This same guy was in my home overseeing other projects...  Don't know what people are saying...  
This guy ( lol ... don't know his name ) is good

Connie says he is Raymundo's Brother In Law... I don't know...  but he is the one who Raymundo usually sent over.. and I'll happily show you their work.. :)
Sorry you others don't like Raymundo...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:12 pm

The plumber .... I know who he is and his work is good. He worked in the US for a while and speaks some English. I have forgotten his name. However, you can't get access to him unless it's through the contractor.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Sherman wrote:The plumber .... I know who he is and his work is good. He worked in the US for a while and speaks some English.  I have forgotten his name.  However, you can't get access to him unless it's through the contractor.

Home Solutions or Home Center??
We used to have Home Center doing our Pool Service.. the work wasn't bad... but the workers were taking things that didn't belong to them... We got rid of them.
I guess there are horror stories everywhere...

Bob had his tile repair don while I was having my pool built...
I had 7 guys working 6 days a week and Raymondo sent a couple of guys over to stick on some tiles at Bob's place...

I doubt they knew what they were doing... But, I wouldn't expect anyone to turn away a paying job around here... lol

I've spent around 50k since 2013 on various projects and don't consider a single dollar wasted...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:42 pm

The one I now don't want to go back to is Home Services ... they do pools, but just pulled a fast one on a big project that cost me a lot of extra money and now I don't trust them to do the pool. Home Solutions or Home Center ... I've tried. Half the time they show up once or start and then don't finish the job. Make appointments and you never see them. So, I gave up on them.

Part of the trials and tribulations here is trying to get any consistency over time. So, if you have managed to get good work since 2013 from the same company, count your blessings.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down