INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOLARIS Sale

2 posters

Go down

VOLARIS Sale Empty VOLARIS Sale

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:32 am

While checking in for my upcoming flight tonight on Volaris - I happened to notice that they are running a 50% OFF Sale. One must book by August 19th for travel from December 1st through January 31, 2012. A great deal for those interested in flying either within Mexico or internationally during that period.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

VOLARIS Sale Empty Re: VOLARIS Sale

Post by Oldshoe Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Where did you find the details for this?

Oldshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:08 pm

http://www.volaris.com.mx/

This sale was on there first thing this morning. Now they have changed to 30% OFF for the period 8/15 - 11/30. Have no idea if they sold out allocated seats or decided to push an earlier period. Have patience with the website as they is a real learning curve learning the ins and outs!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldshoe Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks!

Oldshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 am

As a follow-up to my first trip on Volaris:
Having now traveled r/t on Volaris LAX-GDL-LAX, I have a few comments and observations:

Website - has a high learning curve to get used to all of their gyrations and constantly changing specials. So far I haven't found a way to subscribe or sign up for email alerts when they are having a sale or special. Pretty much have to go there at least once a day to catch what they are running and I have seen specials change at least once during a given day. For example today they are running a $99 each way special for trips booked by tomorrow for travel 2/1 to 3/31. On another banner, they have fares starting at $110 each way for Chicago Midway to Zacatecas, Mexico City & Morelia booked by tomorrow with travel between 11/10 and 11/20.

Since they only offer one class of service, I never quite understood the three tier pricing but after experiencing the chaos at LAX, I now understand! Apparently, their Mexican travelers have a tendency to book at the last minute and they bring incredible amounts of luggage - both check-in and carry-on. Each tier allows more checked luggage, provides refunds (50% or 100%) if the flight is late and in the top tier, a free infant up to age 23 months. Not only do these travelers really push the limits for checked baggage but carry-on limits are definitely not written for them! Since I had purchased the "I Want to Save" fare, I was stuck with no on time guarantee and one piece of checked luggage of 55lbs. In either direction, I was less than 1lb below the limit.

With respect to their affiliation with Southwest - yes, you can book through SW but I found that their search engine doesn't pick up on the Volaris sales when booking. Probably understandable given the constant changes and that one has to use a coupon code to get the sale prices. If one books totally through SW, then you can check bags all the way through. In my case, I booked the two airlines separately because of the sale pricing issue and I had a r/t travel coupon from SW to use.

Planes & Service - It is obvious when one boards that the planes are newer and that Volaris takes pride in maintaining their equipment. Leather seats were comfortable but I found a glitch in my plan of sitting in the emergency exit row for the added legroom. Because of the emergency exit, you don't get a table that folds down from in front of you but rather one that comes out of the armrest. Fine and dandy but this setup doesn't allow for one to fold the armrest up for more room. I had planned to sleep on the way down and could have stretched out across three seats had the armrests folded up.

The flight attendants were quite young but all slim and trim and dressed in uniforms reminiscent of yesteryear when airlines had snappy uniforms! Since the LAX-GDL leg was a "red eye" departing at 1:30am, I didn't expect a great deal of service but the flight attendants were diligent and pleasant with their duties. On the return leg (midday), they really went out of their way to provide service. The snack/drink carts made two complete passes through the cabin and beer, wine and cocktails were free. What a concept!

Conclusion - Certainly wouldn't hesitate to fly them again! Actually, they would be my preferred airline to fly to Mexico but I will do everything in my power not to have to fly through LAX ever again! San Diego or Las Vegas would be my currently available preferable options.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldshoe Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 pm

So how do you actually take advantager of a special? I don't see any code number or info of how to use the $99 special on their site.

Oldshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Their website takes plenty of patience and some diligence. Just went back and looked at the $99 deal. It says fares starting at $99 and it isn't a special coupon code type of thing. I plugged in LAX-GDL-LAX during that specified period and it doesn't appear that this route has any $99 fares as the best I could find was $154... I am guessing that one has to play their game to find out which airports offer that fare.

Normally when they have a percentage off special, the banner provides you with two codes. One is the promo code and the other a coupon code. You active the discount by clicking on the box marked "Select a Promo". After you choose your flights and go to the price page, you will see the discount reflected.

Not sure if they are still doing it or not but I received a coupon worth $100MXN for checking in online and printing my boarding pass.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldshoe Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I looked in the same time period for LAS (Vegas) and no discounted fare. I'll keep at it since you actually used and liked them.

Oldshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down