INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions

+2
DaveP
CanuckBob
6 posters

Go down

Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions Empty Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:00 pm

They are another new forum sponsor and provider of health care insurance for Expats.

You can get a quote at: https://weexpats.com/107.php

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions Empty Re: Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions

Post by DaveP Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:06 am

I hope they are better than Guardian. I sent them a request as you indicated they had a plan for older farts like me on the day you introduced them. Never had any form of a reply
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions Empty Re: Welcome to WeExpats Insurance Solutions

Post by gringal Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 am

DaveP wrote:I hope they are better than Guardian. I sent them a request as you indicated they had a plan for older farts like me on the day you introduced them. Never had any form of a reply

I went on their site to ask what age limit and/or pre-existing conditions were excluded and "live chat" gave me the answers promptly. If you're curious about plans for older folks, the age limit is 75. Most coronary problems are excluded.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 am

CB indicated that they had plans up to 85 or so. Still a reply would have been nice
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:06 am

DaveP wrote:CB indicated that they had plans up to 85 or so. Still a reply would have been nice

Go to the link CBOB showed. The page clearly states what the age limit is and other important matters.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:12 am

Quote from CB

"I believe the VUMI VIP policy has a maximum age of 75 years in which to join. Once you are on it there is no cut-off.

They look at every case to determine pre-existing coverage or not.

VUMI also has a policy for seniors which is for people 60 to 90 years of age."

I rest my case

Last edited by DaveP on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:14 am

They do have in which those up to 85 years old can join. My friend just got a quote for his 83 and 84 year old parents.

Dave, every person I know, who contacted Guardian, has been satisfied with the response time which is almost immediate. Something must have happened to your request. Perhaps you should try again.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:18 am

DaveP wrote:Quote from CB

"I believe the VUMI VIP policy has a maximum age of 75 years in which to join. Once you are on it there is no cut-off.

I rest my case

From the link CBOB provided:
"What is the max age to be able to apply for healthcare?
85 for long term healthcare, but once you are on the plan you can keep it for life. For short term and medical evacuation there are no age limits."

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:19 am

Maybe I will, Depends who replies first
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

gringal wrote:
DaveP wrote:Quote from CB

I rest my case

From the link CBOB provided:
"What is the max age to be able to apply for healthcare?
85 for long term healthcare, but once you are on the plan you can keep it for life. For short term and medical evacuation there are no age limits."

I am not over 85 and they know that
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 pm

I also requested a quote from Guardian. They took a while to respond, about two weeks. In the meantime, I contacted Arthur Clark who reps VUMI and was very satisfied with his professionalism and responses for my insurance needs.
The next day, Guardian contacted me and suggested that I use VUMI as my health insurance. I thought Guardian was an insurance company- they are not. They are insurance brokers, offering different plans from different companies.
Their pricing was the same as Arthur's, and if I decide to go forward, I will contact Arthur to buy my insurance from.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:06 pm

For those who want fast service from Guardian: go to Live Chat. I got all the information in less than a half hour.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm

I contacted Guardian for a quote after I saw CBob's original post. They replied back with a quote and full information the very next day!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by weexpats Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey Guys, my name is Justin and I am a broker / owner of WeExpats. Our team mostly sells US based health policies that work worldwide like VUMI, WEA, Premier Health, IMG, etc. We do however have a claims team living in San Miguel de Allende to help represent you and file your claims. We know insurance companies can be nit picky so we are here to help. We file on average 10-15 claims a week with these companies and have direct lines with them to get things settled effectively.

Dave I am sorry you never got a response from us, typically our brokers reply with 1 business day, perhaps you listed the wrong phone number or email? If you would like you can call my cell phone or text me (whatsApp friendly) anytime at +1 435 647 6379 with your age and ill generate a quick quote for you.

You can get insurance up to the age of 85, but you will only qualify for senior plans if your older than 75, they can be quite pricey due to the risk involved of insuring that age band. VUMI's senior plan is the only plan we have seen that allows this.

If you are younger than 75, we recommend either using PA Group's Expatriate Health / International Health plans or VUMI's new Expat VIP plans, as they are the most price efficient. There are other options like IMG / Cigna / Aetna, Evac plans, Seguro Popular,  etc. that could be better for you. It is best to talk to a broker about your unique situation as many expats have unique lifestyles and needs.

If any of you have any questions I am more than willing to help.

Last edited by weexpats on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

weexpats

Back to top Go down

Post by weexpats Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Hey guys, we have been getting asked a lot about VUMI's new expat VIP plan, we wrote an informational article about them if anyone is interested
VUMI Insurance Information

weexpats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down