INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas

+4
SunshineyDay
rvanparys
Carry Bean
ferret
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas Empty CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas

Post by ferret Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Oh Joy, Oh Joy...

"Electricity will be shut off between 10 am and 5 pm for maintenance and improving infrastructure (again) principally on Calle San Luis, Calle de la Ribera, Calle San Mateo and Calle San Pablo... all in Riberas. "

Well, of course it is... I just bought groceries. Luckily I managed to get the notice before Cora ate it... since it was shoved under the door. REEECHARRRRGE !!!!!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas Empty Re: CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 pm

I didn’t get a notice and since I am east of San Mateo, I hope I miss this latest improvement. I was planning a do nothing day tomorrow. At least there are warnings and I do sincerely appreciate that.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas Empty Re: CFE notice for October 5th in Riberas

Post by ferret Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:05 pm

LOL! Well I'll definitely be having a "do nothing day"... at least anything that involves electricity. Maybe I'll go back to pruning the bugambilia… but then my arms have just healed from the last go around. Sigh.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 pm

That stuff is nasty. I’m the only person who can kill it. A gardener I’m not. If the power goes out at my house I’ll go out for a burger. Still steamed that I went to Gossips today for my favorite ribeye and it was inedible.
I don’t think it was even a ribeye and for 224 pesos for lunch I should have been able to get a refill for my iced tea. Didn’t give me fries either instead giving me a limp salad. The dogs were happy with the 3/4 of the steak I brought home.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Cary B: You might try Yve's for ribeye... 200 pesos, salad bar, baked potato and veggies...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 am

Who really gives a shit? They said something!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 am

rvanparys wrote:Cary B: You might try Yve's for ribeye... 200 pesos, salad bar, baked potato and veggies...
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t even know Yves served one. Gossips was always my fave, especially with the chimichurri sauce and it was always a treat after endlessly dieting. Not worth the calories.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Oh, lucky me. I was included in the outage but they had the power back on at 3:30. Lots of guys working on my street.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Mine came back on at 4:30. I opened one eye and the bedroom fan was whipping around at the speed of light... set on medium. I turned it off and then back on which sets it to high. The blades were going soooo fast that I couldn't even see them. It's now set on low and doing the same job that medium used to.
Please let that be the end of the outages... although I gotta admit, upgrading is better now than in MAY.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:05 pm

When I left the house one of the CFE guys was on a ladder up in a tree that causes problems when it’s windy so I hope they solved that problem.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:48 pm

To all of you who live in that "failed fracc" with your fancy new, upgraded and sparky electricity: Will one of you please come to my house in CenteroftheUniverse Ajijic to re-set the clock on the microwave? I'm just tired from doing it.

(Happy for you all...long overdue!)

mariachi
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:16 am

Rosa Venus wrote:To all of you who live in that "failed fracc" with your fancy new, upgraded and sparky electricity: Will one of you please come to my house in CenteroftheUniverse Ajijic to re-set the clock on the microwave? I'm just tired from doing it.

(Happy for you all...long overdue!)

mariachi

Thumbs up

I would be happy to but why do you leave your microwave plugged in? With all the surges, brownouts, etc. it’s probably easier to just plug the danged thing in when you want to use it. Same as it was in St. Thomas I never kept mine plugged in and was the only one who never had to replace it. Of course, that’s impossible if it’s built in.

Speaking of microwaves I gave mine away and want a snappy little red one so if you spot one let me know. I used to see them all the time until I decided I wanted one.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:47 am

I agree on the unplugging. I also bought a microware with no digital crap. BONUS... you never have to reset the clock! All these digital contraptions are phantom users of electricity if left plugged in.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Gosh, I remodeled in 2008 and have never had a problem with surges. Yes I have a whole house surge protector, and yes occasionally I have to reset the electronic clocks when the time goes out but CFE is so much more dependable than when I got here in 1997, that I don't even have a generator anymore.

In fact when I installed my photo-voltaic solar system in 2008 I put in a battery backup system and when CFE does fail, my battery backup system kicks in a provides power for the Frig. a light or three in every room, my TV, internet modem and of course my computer. Sadly the backup system does not backup the Microwave and I do need to reset the clock, but no big deal. And yes my solar panels provide power to recharge my batteries during the day even when the power is out.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't have a whole house surge protector, a solar system or a battery back-up and don't have any problems either. The power goes out 2 or 3 times a year for a couple of hours. I had more frequent and longer outage's in Vancouver.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
Speaking of microwaves I gave mine away and want a snappy little red one so if you spot one let me know.  I used to see them all the time until I decided I wanted one.

Have fun... https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/horno-microondas-rojo#D[A:horno microondas rojo]

Some of the retro ones are really cute.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:58 pm

I agree, today one doesn't need as much protection nor a battery backup system. But when I ordered my system in 2007 for a 2008 installation, the power went out much more often and the voltage varied much more than it does today.

Based on todays CFE reliability I would have ordered a much simpler and economical solution. But it sure is nice that your TV, computer, and Frig. will have power when I have power outages which are slightly more than 2 times per year where I live in upper Ajijic..
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Hope I don't jinx myself but CFE is good to us in SAT. Rarely out, don't know anyone who has had anything fried, and when it does rarely go out it is restored rapidly.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
....why do you leave your microwave plugged in?  

So the clock works continously....pfffft!  Very Happy

A friend used to frequently visit and stay at my house. We had a conversation something like this:

HER: You need a clock in the kitchen.
ME: There's one on the microwave.
HER: It's always not working.
ME: Are you late for something?

(Truth is, in an effort to save counter space, micro is on top of the refrigerator and plugged in behind it. So no unpluging. I guess my friend was right.)
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 pm

ferret wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:
Speaking of microwaves I gave mine away and want a snappy little red one so if you spot one let me know.  I used to see them all the time until I decided I wanted one.

Have fun... https://listado.mercadolibre.com.mx/horno-microondas-rojo#D[A microondas rojo]

Some of the retro ones are really cute.

Oh, wow! Thanks! I don’t know why I didn’t think of Mercado Libre.

Rosa Venus, get a sundial. razberry

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 pm

CFE crews came and shut off the power AGAIN... yes, on a Sunday. It went off some time after I left the house at 9:45 a.m. I got home at noon. No notice, no nothing. It took them from 5 pm to 5:45 pm to get it going again. On, off, on, off, on, off. WTF? I already detest Telmex here and CFE is right up there with them. That's six times in the last 6 weeks. I'm pissed and starting to have no confidence in either utility.
BTW, the bidirectional meter goes down on my solar installation too. So, I'm not only feeling very inconvenienced, I feel like I've been robbed.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:22 pm

It really depends upon where you live. Some areas are much more reliable than others. According to the computers at Telmex, the distance between my home and their office (via telephone line) is 1070 meters. So I am pretty lucky. I hardly ever have much of an outage and I have not fast but reasonable internet speeds.

I live right next to my CFE transformer, which means nothing, other than when the power goes off, often it is because of a popped fuse on the power pole at the transformer. And I hear the pop as the fuse pops and the power goes off. However I have reasonable reliable power.

My solar panels keep on working when the power goes out because I have a battery back up system. And one of the three phases always stays on.

In 2007 when I ordered my solar panel system, CFE was much less reliable and battery back up systems made sense. Today such systems are almost never sold anymore because the power is so much more reliable than when I ordered my system some 11 years ago.

Things aint perfect here, but they are so much better than they used to be.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:26 pm

I kinda disagree with you Pete. In my experience, CFE and Telmex are far more reliable in other states of Mexico. My experiences are with Nayarit and Guanajuato. I am feeling like quality and service here is going backwards not forwards.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:08 pm

ferret: I know almost nothing about CFE, Telmex, Telecable, etc. for example, in other parts of Mexico and I never meant to compare what we have here with any place else. There are many places in retirement communities in Mexico, that for example, have much faster internet than we have here.

I mean only to compare the service I have gotten at the same address in Ajijic over the past 20 years and how things have improved so much over those years,
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 pm

ferret wrote:CFE crews came and shut off the power AGAIN... yes, on a Sunday. It went off some time after I left the house at 9:45 a.m. I got home at noon. No notice, no nothing. It took them from 5 pm to 5:45 pm to get it going again. On, off, on, off, on, off. WTF? I already detest Telmex here and CFE is right up there with them. That's six times in the last 6 weeks. I'm pissed and starting to have no confidence in either utility.
BTW, the bidirectional meter goes down on my solar installation too. So, I'm not only feeling very inconvenienced, I feel like I've been robbed.

Did your electricity go down Thursday? No notice this time but it went off at 9:15 AM until after 5:00 PM. When I got home it looked like they butchered a bunch of trees to remove branches from the lines on San Luis so I assume that was the reason.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next