INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services

5 posters

Go down

frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services Empty frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services

Post by Sherman Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Home Services was recommended, I tried them and I won't be doing that again. They are more expensive than anyone else and in the end, that did not help.

Dead Horse

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services Empty Re: frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services

Post by ferret Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Sorry to hear that. JP Home Services has been wonderful for me and I'm really picky. They arrive on time, leave when I need them to leave, do a great job and leave a clean site. I've been very happy with them.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services Empty Re: frustrating getting work done here ..... Home Services

Post by Rosalinda laughs Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 am

I had a terrible experience with Home Services. They left the repair a mess, ugly, and unpainted, and tried to tell me that’s the way it is. I was talked down to by a 26 year old, because, I assume, he has a title. I have pictures of the mess they made, the cracked aljibe top, and have not yet bothered to fix any of the work they did and/or didn’t do. The charge for almost nothing was $4500p last year. But I will never use or recommend them.

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:31 am

Did you get in touch with the owner Juan Pablo? He speaks perfect English.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 am

ferret wrote:Did you get in touch with the owner Juan Pablo? He speaks perfect English.

yes. I don't want to go into too many details ....
The project was grossly 'over-engineered' ... and therefore, overcharged (I had another engineer who had no vested anything in the project check after i realized what was going on). Another local builder looked at it as well. They grossly over-engineered the project because that that meant more money for them. I eventually had to give them a drop-dead date to finish what they had (they did not finish the whole project); they were already a month past what was expected. And, in the end, completed one section incorrectly (not according to the drawing), which will now have to come down. The maestro was fine .... it was the folks making the decisions.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinda laughs Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Ferret....thanks. I did complain through an employee. He sent the same architect to look at it, and the nice young architect repeated that’s the way it is, will be, and that’s that. I also speak fluent Spanish and English... language was not the problem. I wasted $4500p .... perhaps I will send some photos of the “finished” work. It was such a small job that I couldn’t believe they left it ugly and Unfinished.

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:20 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your problems. Both of you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinda laughs Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks Ferret !

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm

One more comment on this ... if the company was so at ease to screw me over on the work ... on something that I could verify that is what they actually did .... I wonder how many people get screwed by this company without having any idea or having any way to determine what they actually did or not, or if it was what the person (or household) actually needed. This stuff happens NOB, but not to this degree.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:28 pm

If you're a gringo living in Mexico and you don't feel as though there's a target on your back, then you're not doing it right.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 pm

At risk of derailing the thread, I want to shout out itollefs signature quote.

-------------------

I'm a little slow so didn't read them til I was a bookish 15/16, but yeah. Thanks for the laugh and the reminder.

And now back to venting about a local contractor....sorry it didn't go well for you Sherman.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down