INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the.

+2
gringal
Problem Child
6 posters

Go down

LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the. Empty LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the.

Post by Problem Child Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:47 pm

This is a great community project IMO.

I saw in a post someone said the benches at the malecon needed upkeep, so I went to the Chapala malecon and sure enough, some upkeep is needed. So I thought that would be a good community project.

So I went to the Municipal Palace and tracked down the right guy and ended up with an official letter saying it's OK to repair and paint the benches.

Now I'm looking for five volunteers to help me. I'm figuring to paint the benches colors to match the "CHAPALA" sign. I'll ask Walmart if they will donate paint and if they won't, I'll get it myself along with brushes and drop-cloths.

I will even supply lunch (Tamale, soda, one beer each day and of course water).

I have an electric sander and will see if I can beg/borrow another one or two. Maybe a volunteer has one to use.

I'm also sure, we can get an honorable mention in the Guadalajara Reporter (I'll take some pictures and alert the Reporter).

I would think this is one way of giving back to the community although Know there are many other and probably more worthwhile ways, but this is only asking for a few hours and the the results should be well worth the effort.

You might even make some new friends.

If interested, please either PM me with your availability and thoughts.

If I can't get any interest, I'll invest a couple of hours a day and do it on my own, but would love help.

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the. Empty Re: LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the.

Post by gringal Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:17 pm

Great project and I'd help if I could. PLEASE keep the benches the wood finish color and not the colors of the sign. IMO, those colors would be a mistake in that context. They'd be okay on the metal benches out on the pier which badly need painting.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the. Empty Re: LOOKING FOR FIVE VOLUNTEERS. I just received an official letter of authorization from the.

Post by Problem Child Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 pm

My thought was going with the color theme. I'll look for a consensus of opinion.opinion.

I love how Mexicans use bright/happy colors.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:11 pm

BTW, if anyone thinks the Chapala Malecon needs help, the Ajijic Malecon is in far worse shape.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm

I picked Chapala since that's where I live.

I'm sure any group that wanted to volunteer for A jijic would be welcome.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Since Candace and I are beyond the working stage of our lives but love the project we'll kick in 500 pesos so you can hire a laborer for a day. Please P.M me for the peso hand off.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:05 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Since Candace and I are beyond the working stage of our lives but love the project we'll kick in 500 pesos so you can hire a laborer for a day. Please P.M me for the peso hand off.  

Nice offer and appreciated, but I would like to make it a community effort type of thing.

I figure to do it slow and easy. I'm older than dirt and my wife is 65, so it won't be backbreaking work.

BTW, what do you think of the idea of making the benches colored like the CHAPALA sign?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm

We don't have a preference for color, just a dressing up will be fine. tx
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:19 am

Great idea PC!! I was just thinking about a similar project for the Ajijic benches. Can you provide me with the contact info of the guy you spoke with for the permission letter? Maybe you could do a donation drive where for "x" amount of pesos you get your name on a bench plaque?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:31 am

Eric Blair would be your go-to guy. Wait . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 am

I made a long post on combining Chapala and Ajijic projects and who to contact, and it didn't post for some reason.

I also suggested any $$ could be held by CanuckBob as the "Treasurer" to pay any workers.

Spray painter will cut work by 75% and paint use by 25% IMO.

And where is the picture of the Ajijic bench that was posted?

I also can easily put together a PVC "fence" to go around each bench while the paint dries.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:31 am

I am only interested in the Ajijic malecon project at this point.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 pm

I am in for the Chapala project.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down