INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Go down

for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Sherman on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:11 am

I'm looking for someone who has experience in selling their own house ..... if that worked, or if then finally had to list it with a realtor.

Thanks,


S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 534
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by slainte39 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:49 am

Get a rabbit's foot for luck, as that is what it will take, to sell to foreigners who are not comfortable with dealing directly with owners. They want a third party, AKA realtor, to answer questions and hold their money, both initial and final payments.
It is especially frustrating for non-Spanish speaking people to deal with escrituras and other issues related to purchase when all they have is the owner, whom they probably don't know, and a Notario that they don't know, even if he speaks English, because he will probably be recommended by the seller.
Other than that, with Mexicans and foreigners changing ownership, your only disadvantage is publicity, advertisement, and just beating the bushes, which you can do as much, or little, as you want.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7626
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Sherman on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:13 pm

slainte39 wrote:Get a rabbit's foot for luck, as that is what it will take, to sell to foreigners who are not comfortable with dealing directly with owners. They want a third party, AKA realtor, to answer questions and hold their money, both initial and final payments.
It is especially frustrating for non-Spanish speaking people to deal with escrituras and other issues related to purchase when all they have is the owner, whom they probably don't know, and a Notario that they don't know, even if he speaks English, because he will probably be recommended by the seller.
Other than that, with Mexicans and foreigners changing ownership, your only disadvantage is publicity, advertisement, and just beating the bushes, which you can do as much, or little, as you want.

i'm sure you mean well with your advice ....  my question did not ask for advice.  My question asked for someone who has 'experience' in conducting a private sale, or for sale by owner house sale.  Believe it or not, foreigners and Mexicans buy and sell houses by word-of-mouth here more often than apparently you might think.  So, there really are people with experience .... and  that is who I am still hoping will respond .... someone who has this experience with a private sale or for sale by owner,.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 534
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by slainte39 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Sherman wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Get a rabbit's foot for luck, as that is what it will take, to sell to foreigners who are not comfortable with dealing directly with owners. They want a third party, AKA realtor, to answer questions and hold their money, both initial and final payments.
It is especially frustrating for non-Spanish speaking people to deal with escrituras and other issues related to purchase when all they have is the owner, whom they probably don't know, and a Notario that they don't know, even if he speaks English, because he will probably be recommended by the seller.
Other than that, with Mexicans and foreigners changing ownership, your only disadvantage is publicity, advertisement, and just beating the bushes, which you can do as much, or little, as you want.

i'm sure you mean well with your advice ....  my question did not ask for advice.     My question asked for someone who has 'experience' in conducting a private sale, or for sale by owner house sale.  Believe it or not, foreigners and Mexicans buy and sell houses by word-of-mouth here more often than apparently you might think.  So, there really are people with experience .... and  that is who I am still hoping will respond .... someone who has this experience with a private sale or for sale by owner,.

S.

I have had a lot of experience doing it both ways for nearly 40 years, starting in 1980 on many properties, so your assumption that I haven't any "experience" is wrong.
My advice was based on experience, take  it or leave it, and don't assume on what I "think".

Sorry I bothered you and hope you find someone with "real experience". and guides you through the process.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7626
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Sherman on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Sherman wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Get a rabbit's foot for luck, as that is what it will take, to sell to foreigners who are not comfortable with dealing directly with owners. They want a third party, AKA realtor, to answer questions and hold their money, both initial and final payments.
It is especially frustrating for non-Spanish speaking people to deal with escrituras and other issues related to purchase when all they have is the owner, whom they probably don't know, and a Notario that they don't know, even if he speaks English, because he will probably be recommended by the seller.
Other than that, with Mexicans and foreigners changing ownership, your only disadvantage is publicity, advertisement, and just beating the bushes, which you can do as much, or little, as you want.

i'm sure you mean well with your advice ....  my question did not ask for advice.     My question asked for someone who has 'experience' in conducting a private sale, or for sale by owner house sale.  Believe it or not, foreigners and Mexicans buy and sell houses by word-of-mouth here more often than apparently you might think.  So, there really are people with experience .... and  that is who I am still hoping will respond .... someone who has this experience with a private sale or for sale by owner,.

S.

I have had a lot of experience doing it both ways for nearly 40 years, starting in 1980 on many properties, so your assumption that I haven't any "experience" is wrong.
My advice was based on experience, take  it or leave it, and don't assume on what I "think".

Sorry I bothered you and hope you find someone with "real experience". and guides you through the process.

I was not assuming anything ....  I need some process questions answered, and not advice, which is what I said. The comment was not a 'slight.'  If you have completed a private sale or for sale by owner contract lakeside in Mexico, I would like to ask some process questions.    I'm happy to do that via  PM or via an email.  Thanks.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 534
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by suegarn on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:19 pm

I think you owe slainte39 an apology, Sherman. Your comment WAS a slight to her, especially when you put 'experience' in quotes. She told you she had plenty of experience on both ends of real estate deals.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 675
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by ferret on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:26 pm

HIM.
avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4510
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Sherman, you fail to recognize that your response was dismissive and rude.
avatar
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Chapala
Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by suegarn on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:56 pm

ferret wrote:HIM.

Ooops. I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if slainte39 was female or male. My mistake.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 675
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by cypress on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Sherman with your attitude you won't get much help here or anywhere else. Pay attention to what slainte wrote.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 337
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by rvanparys on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:24 am

Sherman: You might open your wallet and go see an attorney since it would behoove you to have one in dealing with the sales process...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 180
Join date : 2015-09-25
Location : Rancho del Oro

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by solajijic on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 pm

I did it FSBO twice this past year, used a real estate office facilitator who free lances and a notario, went fairly smoothly.  Used a realtor this year too, liked that experience also.  So three transactions all good.  Doing the FSBO again after the first of the year. Send me a message and I will share the facilitator info.

2bd/2ba, light and airy 1500 sq ft. upper upper Ajijic with fab mountain and LAKE view mirador, office to the lake view, living room to the mountains, no contiguous building possible - ejido land to the north, school to the east, houses full up to the west.  Spacious rooms, just enough talavera to make it fun, fireplace in living room office combo 26 x 14 and fireplace in bedroom/tv den.  Big master 26x14 with ensuite and walkin closet.  New kitchen 14x10 with fancy drawers and adjacent utility room 8x14.  Saltillo floors and soft cream walls.  Interior courtyard no yard. Garage with auto doors.  Upgraded electric, all new plumbing piping, new tinaco, new gaz tank and water heater.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 599
Join date : 2011-03-24
Location : Ajijic November 2004
Humor : “The game of history is usually played by the best and the worst over the heads of the majority in the middle.”

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Sherman on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 pm

This is exactly what I was asking for ... thanks for the input.  Hopefully it will be helpful to others as well.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 534
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by lakeside7 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:30 pm

solajijic wrote:I did it FSBO twice this past year, used a real estate office facilitator who free lances and a notario, went fairly smoothly.  Used a realtor this year too, liked that experience also.  So three transactions all good.  Doing the FSBO again after the first of the year. Send me a message and I will share the facilitator info.

2bd/2ba, light and airy 1500 sq ft. upper upper Ajijic with fab mountain and LAKE view mirador, office to the lake view, living room to the mountains, no contiguous building possible - ejido land to the north, school to the east, houses full up to the west.  Spacious rooms, just enough talavera to make it fun, fireplace in living room office combo 26 x 14 and fireplace in bedroom/tv den.  Big master 26x14 with ensuite and walkin closet.  New kitchen 14x10 with fancy drawers and adjacent utility room 8x14.  Saltillo floors and soft cream walls.  Interior courtyard no yard. Garage with auto doors.  Upgraded electric, all new plumbing piping, new tinaco, new gaz tank and water heater.

Can you share how you avoided paying capital gains tax, or perhaps you decided it was worth completing the transaction(s) regardless..you can send me a PM or not?

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 112
Join date : 2012-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by solajijic on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:29 am

One transaction was raw land - that has its own rules. One was designated as primary residence and held long enough. We didn't avoid taxes but we did get them as low as possible legally. One was a purchase.


solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 599
Join date : 2011-03-24
Location : Ajijic November 2004
Humor : “The game of history is usually played by the best and the worst over the heads of the majority in the middle.”

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Sherman on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am

can you comment about the distinction between raw land and land with a house. I've bought land and am building now. I can't even imagine how this will be calculated.

Thanks for your input.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 534
Join date : 2010-08-18
Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Re: for sale by owner -- looking for someone who has this experience

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum