INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente

4 posters

Go down

Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente Empty Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente

Post by suegarn Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Friends of mine were away for a week. When they returned, they didn't have the top half of the immigration form that they flew out of Mexico with. They filled in the top half of a new one with the correct information, but the immigration agent in Mexico City gave them a very hard time about that. She said they MUST use the top half of the original form, and she was very nasty with them. They travel in and out of Mexico several times a year, and have never had this problem before. I think they just got an agent who was in a bad mood that day. Could someone tell me if you absolutely MUST HAVE the matching pieces of the immigration form? I've heard of people who have lost them, and filled in a whole new form. I think they make you pay a certain amount of money (kind of like a fine, I guess).

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente Empty Re: Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente

Post by NoVaDamer Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:18 am

Our first time back to Guad as RPs we had the same issue. We didn't realize you needed the top half, so we filled out new ones and the immigration official gave us hell. I went through all my papers and eventually found the original top half, but then the official told us it wasn't stamped (and she couldn't find an exit stamp in our passports, either) so we got another lecture. She finally processed us back into Mexico, but she indicated she could have given us a tourist visa and rescinded our RPs. Since then, we keep track of the original top half, and make sure something (anything, really) is exit stamped, too.
And we have had no more troubles.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente Empty Re: Returning from a trip NOB as a Residente Permanente

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 am

Yes, you absolutely need to keep the top half of the INM form you filled out to exit the country and use it to re-enter the country. failure to do so can jeopardize your RP status as NoVaDamer has pointed out. This is right from the mouths of immigration officers who gave a talk at the LCS a while back.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks for the information. I'll pass it along to my friends.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:46 am

Why is it so hard for people to just follow the rules....it's not that complicated.
If you drive, Transito stops you and wants to see your license, you better have it. scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 am

slainte39 wrote:Why is it so hard for people to just follow the rules....it's not that complicated.
If you drive, Transito stops you and wants to see your license, you better have it. scratch

I was only asking for clarification because I've seen people that have accidentally lost their forms, and the agent will just ask them to fill out a new one. I wasn't asking for a snide remark about people following rules. People are human, and make mistakes sometimes.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:23 pm

So you ask the "agent" what to do, not arbitrarily fill out a new one.
Not being snide, just factual as I could couldn't less enough to be snide.
"Yes officer, I accidentally left my driver's license at home, now what's the next step?"

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down