INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Side?

+5
Carry Bean
slainte39
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
kipissippi
9 posters

Go down

South Side? Empty South Side?

Post by kipissippi Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:07 am

Have many gringos been moving to the South Side?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

South Side? Empty Re: South Side?

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:26 am

I still own in San Pedro Testistan. I visited a year and half ago. After seeing the growth in Ajijic I was glad I sold out years ago in Ajijic. Back then it was unheard of living on the Southside.

Basically when in town Joco has everything I need. Between what I bring down when I visit and with Amazon life is good.

Since I'm not down often I still never got a phone and I definitely cord cut and take a digital break. When I do need the internet I just use friends while I'm there.

Kip I take you're down permanently now? Good luck and enjoy your retirement.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 am

kipissippi wrote:Have many gringos been moving to the South Side?

Not too many that I am aware of however since the price of real estate in Ajijic has almost doubled since 2012 I'm sure more will be looking there.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 am

kipissippi wrote:Have many gringos been moving to the South Side?

Definitely not many, more like a few and usually most of them are relocations.  The new, first time buyers are still on the northside for the great majority.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm

There was a really nice couple at the last swarm I talked to who really loved living on the south side. Wish I could remember their names. They were Canadian. Maybe they’ll see this and respond.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:06 pm

WISH we were already down..believe me you'll know when I get there....I'm a noisy old broad. Beer And I'll be smoochin' on so many people I've known for so many years..some of whom I've actually met and others who seem like family but we've never met. Getting closer.

I really like the South Side...but then ..I'm a country kinda gal. Carry do you remember which area they live in?

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 pm

I wish I could. They sure raved about it. Maybe Rosa Venus will chime in with that info.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Here’s a blog about south shore living.

https://kerrywatson.com/?p=95

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Carry Bean wrote:There was a really nice couple at the last swarm I talked to who really loved living on the south side.  Wish I could remember their names.  They were Canadian.  Maybe they’ll see this and respond.

That was us. Thanks for your kind words, Carrie Bean.

We bought our house in Puerto Corona 10 years ago, moved here full time 6 years and have not regretted it, not once.

I still laugh about the rather sophisticated woman we met in Ajijic one afternoon...when I told her we live on the south side, she condescendingly looked me up and down over her Manhattan and said, "All you have over there is sex and alcohol."
still cracks me up.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:41 pm

I have fallen off my blog writing bandwagon after several years. I started in Canada while we were researching our move to Mexico.

Here it is:
https://casalunademiel.wordpress.com/about-us/

Please comment on what you like and any questions you may have. I do enjoy writing it and love comments.
Thank you for checking it out.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi PoCo!

Love Puerto Corona... the Octagon house is so tempting..if we could just get this place ready to market...and SOLD!!  Love to gab with you if you have the time.   painted.pony@maxxsouth.net  

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:05 pm

PoCo2012 wrote:she condescendingly looked me up and down over her Manhattan and said, "All you have over there is sex and alcohol."  
still cracks me up.

Sounds like she wasn't getting either of those over here...……. Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:09 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
PoCo2012 wrote:she condescendingly looked me up and down over her Manhattan and said, "All you have over there is sex and alcohol."  
still cracks me up.

LOL....espouso laughed and said, "we don't have a problem with that." and later said, "she's just jealous."

PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:10 pm

kipissippi wrote:Hi PoCo!

Love Puerto Corona... the Octagon house is so tempting..if we could just get this place ready to market...and SOLD!!  Love to gab with you if you have the time.   painted.pony@maxxsouth.net  

Kip

Thanks Kip...
The octagon house sold recently.  No one has moved in as yet.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:12 pm

PoCo2012 wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
still cracks me up.

LOL....espouso laughed and said, "we don't have a problem with that."  and later said, "she's just jealous."

[/quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beer ]
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:03 pm

PoCo2012 wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:There was a really nice couple at the last swarm I talked to who really loved living on the south side.  Wish I could remember their names.  They were Canadian.  Maybe they’ll see this and respond.

That was us.  Thanks for your kind words, Carrie Bean.

We bought our house in Puerto Corona 10 years ago, moved here full time 6 years and have not regretted it, not once.

I still laugh about the rather sophisticated woman we met in Ajijic one afternoon...when I told her we live on the south side, she condescendingly looked me up and down over her Manhattan and said, "All you have over there is sex and alcohol."  
still cracks me up.

Should have told her that’s why you moved there. Glad you responded to Kip and do make sure you come to the next swarm.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:38 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
still cracks me up.

I'm really curious...…..What more is there? scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:52 pm

PoCo2012 wrote:
kipissippi wrote:Hi PoCo!

Kip

Thanks Kip...
The octagon house sold recently.  No one has moved in as yet.

Yeah I heard, but no renter yet.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:07 pm

PoCo2012 wrote:I have fallen off my blog writing bandwagon after several years.  I started in Canada while we were researching our move to Mexico.

Here it is:  
https://casalunademiel.wordpress.com/about-us/

Please comment on what you like and any questions you may have.  I do enjoy writing it and love comments.
Thank you for checking it out.

I've just been reading your blog..good stuff!!  Can't figure out how I've missed it!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:23 pm

So, Kipissippi, could not take Mississippi any longer after your sentimental return a few years ago from Lake Chapala to the land of cotton fields, decimated pine forests and washed out gulleys . I understand. South Alabama was a fine place in which Bubba was raised but, upon reflection, Bubba noticed the prevalence of miles of kudzu covering most corners of the land both the plant variety and the variety spawned by large numbers of recalcitrant humans mind stuck in 1956. Welcome back to Mexico where we former Alabamians/Californians/French expatriates have lived in retirement in both the marvelous Jalisco and Chiapas Highlands for 18 years. If we are in Ajijic upon your return, the gins and tonic are on us. For us, retiring in Mexico is one of best decisions we have ever made. Happiness is San Francisco in the rear view mirror.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 pm

Bubba2shoes wrote:So, Kipissippi, could not take Mississippi any longer after your sentimental return a few years ago from Lake Chapala to the land of cotton fields, decimated pine forests and washed out gulleys .  I understand.  South Alabama was a fine place in which Bubba was  raised but, upon reflection, Bubba noticed the prevalence of miles of kudzu covering most corners of the land both the plant variety and the variety spawned by large numbers of recalcitrant humans mind stuck in 1956. Welcome back to Mexico where we former Alabamians/Californians/French expatriates  have lived in retirement in  both the marvelous Jalisco and Chiapas Highlands for 18 years. If we are in Ajijic upon your return,  the   gins and tonic are on us. For us, retiring in Mexico is one of best decisions we have ever made.  Happiness is San Francisco in the rear view mirror.

I guess everyone is happy in Paradise as long as their SS checks keep coming along

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:58 pm

Bubba2shoes wrote:So, Kipissippi, could not take Mississippi any longer after your sentimental return a few years ago from Lake Chapala to the land of cotton fields, decimated pine forests and washed out gulleys .  I understand.  South Alabama was a fine place in which Bubba was  raised but, upon reflection, Bubba noticed the prevalence of miles of kudzu covering most corners of the land both the plant variety and the variety spawned by large numbers of recalcitrant humans mind stuck in 1956. Welcome back to Mexico where we former Alabamians/Californians/French expatriates  have lived in retirement in  both the marvelous Jalisco and Chiapas Highlands for 18 years. If we are in Ajijic upon your return,  the   gins and tonic are on us. For us, retiring in Mexico is one of best decisions we have ever made.  Happiness is San Francisco in the rear view mirror.

I guess everyone is happy in Paradise as long as their SS checks keep coming along

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Bama Boy!!!! It's for sure gotten insane NOB. Just when you think you've heard everything...WHAM! Something even more despicable comes down. VERY wearing. If you can swap the gin and tonic for a Margarita...you're on.

Cousin Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:34 am

"I guess everyone is happy in Paradise as long as their SS checks keep coming along" (Lakeside 7)

Would you like to expand a bit on how you reached that conclusion?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down