INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it is or is it ain't legal.

5 posters

Go down

Is it is or is it ain't legal. Empty Is it is or is it ain't legal.

Post by Problem Child Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:32 pm

My wife is a non-U.S. citizen. Has a Visa.

We married legally in Mexico.

Mexico says we need to register our marriage in the U.S. but not where. According to several cites that do exotic marriages, you don't have to register your marriage in the U.S. for it to be legal AND recognized by the U.S. I knew that. It's call "Comity," which basically says if a marriage is legal in the country/state where performed, it's legal in any U.S. state/territory. I'm just wondering since Mexico says we "must" register it in the U.S., what does it mean if we don't?

Anyone here ever have that question when they married a foreign national?

Of course the simple thing is to get remarried in the U.S.

One other academic but interesting thought-soup question is: Under comity, could I go to a country that permits marriage at the age of 12 for a girl, and marry a 12-year old, will the U.S. recognize it?

There was an interesting episode on that subject on either Boston Legal or The Practice.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is it is or is it ain't legal. Empty Re: Is it is or is it ain't legal.

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:08 am

And if you get a divorce in Arkansas is she still your sister??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am

CanuckBob wrote:And if you get a divorce in Arkansas is she still your sister??

My question is legitimate for me. The last part was just an afterthought on what I think is an interesting point.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 am

Well it was that last part that spawned my question...…..

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:Well it was that last part that spawned my question...…..

Just an afterthought question. I always look to learn.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 am

Alaska and North Carolina's age of consent is 14 so you don't even need to go to a foreign country to marry a child.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:13 am

Interesting that PC thinks there is enough interest in old men having sex with children that he would attempt to start a discussion about it on a local web board. Even disguised as a purely intellectual exercise it is still rather creepy.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:32 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
Interesting that PC thinks there is enough interest in old men having sex with children that he would attempt to start a discussion about it on a local web board. Even disguised as a purely intellectual exercise it is still rather creepy.

Lady O, you always find something to be negative about every post I make.

Your comment about my question seeming "creepy," says a lot about you. Answers to questions, of all sorts, adds to peoples' knowledge base. It let's them understand things, good and bad, positive and negative.

Asking questions about "uncomfortable" subjects does not label the asker "creepy," since researchers ask uncomfortable questions all the time.

I challenge you to honestly tell the readers of this board why you have such a dislike of me. I know why, but do you have the "guts" to say it in public?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:47 am

Problem Child wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:

Asking questions about "uncomfortable" subjects does not label the asker "creepy," since researchers ask uncomfortable questions all the time.

YES IT DOES! You're not a researcher.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 am

Trailrunner wrote:
Problem Child wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:

YES IT DOES! You're not a researcher.

We are all "researchers." We all have questions and look for answers. You are prescribed a medication, and you research it so you know exactly what it's for and any side effects. You get a ticket while driving, and you might research the code section you were cited for so you may argue you are not guilty; you have children and research what's the best way to do whatever.

One doesn't have to be publishing an article, blog, peer review paper, etc. to do research. Research simply means learning, often in depth.

Learning give you knowledge, and knowledge is power.

One never knows when they may be thankful they researched something.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:57 am

Yes, Trailrunner, you never know when you will need to find out if the U.S. will allow you to bring your 12-year-old bride or groom home to the States to live in wedded and legal bliss.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 am

Problem Child, I do not have something negative to say about EVERYTHING you post. Sometimes you post stuff too boring to comment upon.

If you need research, discussion, and comments to figure out that old men thinking about sex with children in any context (never mind casual commentary on a local web board) is creepy you have more problems than have been previously apparent. None of the rationalizations and distractions you posted change the fact that you posted a legal question regarding your marriage to an adult as a lead in to starting a discussion about marrying a twelve-year-old in a foreign country. Calling it academic does not make it so. This is Inside Lakeside not Psychology Today.

I think anyone who regularly reads your posts under your current and former user names can easily figure out my distaste for you.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:35 am

[quote="Lady Otter Latté"] Even disguised as a purely intellectual exercise it is still rather creepy. [/quote

If not creepy, at least clueless...…….. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Problem Child, I do not have something negative to say about EVERYTHING you post. Sometimes you post stuff too boring to comment upon.

If you need research, discussion, and comments to figure out that old men thinking about sex with children in any context (never mind casual commentary on a local web board) is creepy you have more problems than have been previously apparent. None of the rationalizations and distractions you posted change the fact that you posted a legal question regarding your marriage to an adult as a lead in to starting a discussion about marrying a twelve-year-old in a foreign country. Calling it academic does not make it so. This is Inside Lakeside not Psychology Today.

I think anyone who regularly reads your posts under your current and former user names can easily figure out my distaste for you.

So you won't say the real reason. OK. I'm glad I can add some purpose to you life by posting something you can highjack to attack me.

I would like the Moderator to close this thread since it never did get me information I can use.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down