INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of?

4 posters

Go down

Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of? Empty Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of?

Post by Problem Child Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 am

I have tried the standard plug into the earphone or USB slot and can't really get any volume out of them.

I'm not looking for speakers that will have a decibel top that will cook meat or shatter glass, just something that I can hear in the other room. I wnt to be able to hear when a Skype call comes in, which I can't do now due to my major hearing disability.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of? Empty Re: Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of?

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:09 pm

I've been very happy with a BOSE Blue tooth speaker. Including opera at high volume.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of? Empty Re: Where can I find a set of speakers for my computer that I can get some real volume out of?

Post by suegarn Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:28 pm

I just bought an ONN mini USB soundbar from a woman in Ajijic. It has a headphone jack and a USB cable that you plug into your computer. No complicated set up! And is has a volume knob on the side of the soundbar for adjustment. Works great! I tried it out listening to songs from my iTunes playlist, watched a show on Netflix, and some YouTube clips. Sound is clear and well-balanced. I can hear it even when I have to go into another room, depending on what volume I have it set at.

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:36 am

You need active speakers - the kind that need to be plugged into electricity to power the internal amplifier. They often (but not always) come with a separate sub-woofer. Best Buy in GDL will likely have them, as well as Amazon.

EDIT - Quick Google search found these - great price. Logitech Z625
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:21 am

Thanks to all for your input.

I ended up hooking up a Boosteroo which serves my purpose.

. I have a plug into the wall set and it isn't worth much.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down