INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dental Health One - Dr. Candy Ugalde

+5
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
gringal
raqueteer
Lehrer
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dental Health One - Dr. Candy Ugalde - Page 2 Empty Re: Dental Health One - Dr. Candy Ugalde

Post by Lehrer Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:58 pm

gringal wrote:Well, heck.....it's not a word I'd cotton to, either. Takes way less time to just call me a liar.
....and take the consequences. Heh, heh.

Now behave yo'self. Or enjoy yourself.....in English, French, German, Spanglish....or Italian.
lol!
Beer

Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dental Health One - Dr. Candy Ugalde - Page 2 Empty Re: Dental Health One - Dr. Candy Ugalde

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 pm

This thread has either enterd the twilight zone or the LCS has stopped giving you guys your meds............ Very Happy
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:This thread has either enterd the twilight zone or the LCS has stopped giving you guys your meds............ Very Happy

How about both? The business about "duplicitous" refers to the tongue lashing I received on TOB. We're done having fun with it. It's time for some "meds" now. The sun is well over the yardarm.

Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 pm

gringal wrote:The business about "duplicitous" refers to the tongue lashing I received on TOB.
In all fairness, gringal, didn't M-L assign that label to a different poster other than yourself? Now, don't be duplicitous.
lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Don't think so. I'd hafta look, but I think I was the main object of wrath. Oh well.
Tell the truth, I think I'd rather go tend my garden. Or kick puppies. LOL.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 pm

This comparison between an electric versus gas powered chain saw reminded me of my father when he climbed into an alcohol induced haze after retiring. To his way of thinking, it was better to purchase an electric chainsaw on sale at Montgomery Wards for a low price than purchase a real chainsaw. Once he realized that he wanted to go into the woods to cut firewood, he realized that he had a problem. His solution was to order a power inverter from JC Whitney and he could now plug in the saw while his car was running. But the next hurdle came along - the cord on the saw wasn't long enough to reach anything. So go out and purchase the cheapest extension cord on the market. Now, he was all organized to go cut firewood and headed off to the mountains. Started cutting wood until the car engine started making funny noises and then quit all together. OH DAMN! The engine wouldn't start and he was miles away from anything. About a three hour walk out to a phone to call AAA. Naturally, he was outside of the free coverage area, so he had to pay to have the car towed to the Mercury dealer. Come to find out that he had fried the electrical system! Just how much money did he save being a tightwad?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:28 am

Good story Neil! I know he didn't save any money but he sure set a good example for you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:20 am

That was hilarious! Thanks for the morning chuckle.

lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 am

@ CheenaGringo - Now that was funny!
With regard to my own case, I bought the chain saw for one tree in the garden where I lived in Tizapán. True, I had to borrow an extension cord to reach all the way (attached to one of my own); but it served its purpose.
Know anyone in the market for taking it off my hands -- cheap?
lol!
(Oh, and the guava tree that I pruned is now producing fruit about twice the size of any other tree in the garden.)
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:38 am

gringal wrote:Don't think so. I'd hafta look, but I think I was the main object of wrath. Oh well.
I looked at it for you -- M-L posted in response to one from gimpychimp. (I took a screenshot.)
:face:
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 am

Lehrer wrote:
gringal wrote:Don't think so. I'd hafta look, but I think I was the main object of wrath. Oh well.
I looked at it for you -- M-L posted in response to one from gimpychimp. (I took a screenshot.)
:face:

Who could argue with a screenshot? Not me, babe. However, the person in question has made it abundantly clear on another occasion that I'm just not on her fave list.....so perhaps I lumped it all together as one big "insultogram". I do like that word, though. Duplicitous. Sounds a little like a chocolate flake dessert.
And now R.I.P.? Hope it went well with Candy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 am

gringal wrote:Hope it went well with Candy.
Yes, indeed! After pronouncing my teeth (what I have left of them) to be in good condition, she offered her hand to help me out of the chair. I didn't need any help, but I couldn't resist taking her hand anyhow!
Very Happy
She did advise me to let her put a crown on another molar which was subjected to a root canal many years ago (in order to avoid its splitting like the other); this molar had a crown (gold) which was removed by a dentist in Riberas del Pilar about a year-and-a-half ago. He kept the gold. Hell, if I had known the danger of splitting, I would have been more diligent! Oh, well -- never too old to learn.
Shocked
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by wilsonjohn Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Really this is a nice discussion Thanks.

wilsonjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Just wondering if you ever checked out the dentists or any medical stuff for that matter in Sahuayo. I've talked to a few Mexican nationals from Gdl that go there because of cost savings with no sacrifice of expertise or facilities. For you Sahuayo would be a huge savings in driving distance and time.

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:45 pm

albertrv wrote:Just wondering if you ever checked out the dentists or any medical stuff for that matter in Sahuayo. I've talked to a few Mexican nationals from Gdl that go there because of cost savings with no sacrifice of expertise or facilities. For you Sahuayo would be a huge savings in driving distance and time.

Thanks for the hint; might be worth checking.

Do you know of any that speak English?
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:04 pm

I would suspect that a high percentages of dentists would speak English as part of their training, just like medical doctors. It be a matter of spending a day in down knocking on a few doors.

Apparently there is also a great doctor with good English in Tizapan on the carr. but I haven't tracked him down. Lab work and X-rays are also a deal at half price too.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:21 pm

albertrv wrote:I would suspect that a high percentages of dentists would speak English as part of their training, just like medical doctors. It be a matter of spending a day in town knocking on a few doors.

Apparently there is also a great doctor with good English in Tizapan on the carr. but I haven't tracked him down. Lab work and X-rays are also a deal at half price too.

Thanks for that. The owner of the house in Tizapán where I lived previously is an M.D. and he is bi-lingual. His sister owns the house where I'm currently living. His brother is a dentist but doesn't speak English. I know a pharmacist downtown who is bi-lingual so I can check with her about dentists in Sahuayo. But I really would hate to change from Dr. Candy because she has been so great. Once the "emergency" situation is resolved, it won't be necessary to make frequent trips to her office; only for cleanings, etc.
Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Lehrer wrote:Once the "emergency" situation is resolved, it won't be necessary to make frequent trips to her office; only for cleanings, etc.
Beer
Strange! During my visit on Friday the 2nd, Dr. Candy told me to take a Christmas card from her tree in the lobby; it contained a gift certificate: free cleaning!
That is so great! I can't say enough to praise these folks!
Very Happy
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:02 am

After all you've had to say about Dr. Candy, kinda makes me wish I had a toothache! Twisted Evil
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 am

Walter, when is your next cleaning due?
Surte
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Can I just mail them in?

Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Maybe.

But then you wouldn't get to meet these wonderful people, right?

Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:48 pm

albertrv wrote:Just wondering if you ever checked out the dentists or any medical stuff for that matter in Sahuayo. I've talked to a few Mexican nationals from Gdl that go there because of cost savings with no sacrifice of expertise or facilities. For you Sahuayo would be a huge savings in driving distance and time.

I asked our (bi-lingual) pharmacist and found out that there is a dentist office (man & wife) here in Tizapán, and they speak English; I might give them a chance -- but I really, really like Dr. Candy and the way I have been treated. (She had a Christmas tree in her office with gift cards attached for clients to pluck randomly. I chose one that was good for a free cleaning!)

Maybe I'll let my wife test the Tizapán office first.

Very Happy
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2