INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWEST TAX INFO

2 posters

Go down

NEWEST TAX INFO Empty NEWEST TAX INFO

Post by johninajijic Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Just received this from my Tax Man"
Form 8938, statement of specified foreign financial assets, is now final. The good news is that, generally, it only applies to those with over $200,000 in foreign assets if you are living abroad. If you are required to file the form please contact me so I can provide you with the information needed.

Those having accounts over $10,000 are still required to file form TD F 90-22.1. Again if you are reporting this form let me know and I will provide you with the information needed.

The term foreign assets above does NOT include the value of your residence here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

NEWEST TAX INFO Empty Re: NEWEST TAX INFO

Post by Parker Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:16 am

johninajijic wrote:Just received this from my Tax Man"
Form 8938, statement of specified foreign financial assets, is now final. The good news is that, generally, it only applies to those with over $200,000 in foreign assets if you are living abroad. If you are required to file the form please contact me so I can provide you with the information needed.

Those having accounts over $10,000 are still required to file form TD F 90-22.1. Again if you are reporting this form let me know and I will provide you with the information needed.

The term foreign assets above does NOT include the value of your residence here.

John, my question still is, are the Mexican banks going to comply with US government request to provide this personal information, Canada has already declined. This is a very costly expense to those that will receive very little for doing so. When did the US government just get so stupid, (Bush, Jr.?) actually It’s just too embarrassing.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down