INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON

+2
sparks
johninajijic
6 posters

Go down

HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON Empty HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON

Post by johninajijic Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:23 am

Anytime between November and May are good times to waterproof your roof.

ROOF SPECIFICATIONS
Here is what you need to ask your Contractors so they bid apples to apples and you will get a good job. Weather and surfaces MUST be dry.

1. Scrape and grind all loose material and rough areas. Acid wash the roof. Clean
using a power washer, otherwise Fester Acriton will not adhere.

2. Check all loose roof tiles. Remove loose roof tiles, inspect for cracks, repair
and recement roof tiles.

3. IMPORTANT: Put a very thin concrete only cement wash over the roof tiles,
otherwise the Fester Acriton will not bond.

4. Apply Fester Festerbond to roof. (This is a high quality bonding agent)

5. Apply a thinned down coat of Fester Acriton 50% Acriton/50% water to roof for
first coat ONLY. Lay Membrane into this Fester Acriton. Put on another coat of
Fester Acriton, without thinning, immediateky over the membrane.

6. Apply 4 more coats of Fester Acriton as it comes from the bucket, without
thinning, on the roof on different days, allowing each coat to dry.

7. Your Contractor should give you at least a 7 year Guarantee and better yet a
10 year Guarantee. You should check his references and talk to others he
has done roofs for.

Highly recommended Contractor:
MAESTRO - Construction - Remodel - Roofs - Tile - Pools - Painting
(He has done work for 10 of us in Los Arroyos Sur for 5 years and I have recommended him to people on chapala.com who are very happy.
He Guarantees his work.)
RUBEN “CHINO” CHAVARRIA (Speaks English)
Francisco Villa # 11 - Ajijic
Tel: 766 2327
Cell ph: 045 333 150 9031

johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON Empty Re: HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON

Post by sparks Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Be advised that that is about $12-13000 pesos just for the Fester material for a 120 meter roof. There are many options depending on the condition of your roof, style, new or old roof, etc. Spending the maximum amount of pesos and leaving it up to a "professional" is not always a wise idea
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON Empty Re: HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON

Post by johninajijic Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

sparks wrote:Be advised that that is about $12-13000 pesos just for the Fester material for a 120 meter roof. There are many options depending on the condition of your roof, style, new or old roof, etc. Spending the maximum amount of pesos and leaving it up to a "professional" is not always a wise idea

That's more than 6 buckets (19 L) of the "Best" Fester 10 year Guarantee material with waterproofing fibers in it. You can buy the "regular" 10 year material or the '7 year" guarantee material for less. You can also buy PRISA Raincoat for less money. Do you think $ 12,000. pesos and another $ 20,000 for labor is expensive? Or about $ 2,560 US? Try putting on a 25 year asphalt shingle roof NOB at $ 4,500 K to $ 7 K or more.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Just saying ... I have a new roof that leaked badly during the summer. We had a good dry spell before Jova and I used a 3 water to 1 impermeabilizante (3 year) and didn't get a drop in the house. 3 to1 is suggested in some situations by local builders and on YouTube how to videos. 3-1 penetrates whatever is porous

I realize I will have to continue working on my roof over the years and may need to apply material eventually ... but 4-5 coats full strength is way over the top in my book. My cubeta cost 6-700 pesos and was good for two deluded coats
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am

Let me tell you what we’re going to try. Our roof was flat but we had our favorite guy come in and develop slight slopes to both sides of the roofs, run-off will go in two directions plus we tiled the roof with ceramic tile with a pool type grout. We had an issue where the run-off came directly off the third floor, down to the second floor and literally ran off the second floor stairs, cascading to the first floor. I guess we all learn with time, I only hope by telling my story this may help someone..

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:31 am

I just had my roof completely recoated and resealed.

1. They power washed the entire roof and parapet walls with water only.

2. Scraping was done before power washing and during the operation to remove all loose material.

3. One coat of Casther Raincoat was applied 50% reduced with water for the FIRST COAT ONLY, as recommended on the bucket.

4. My master bedroom boveda membrane was bubbled and had to be removed. A new membrane was installed.

5. Two more coats at full strength was applied to the roof with heavy rollers.

Total time to complete: 70 man hours, using 3 men for 2 days and 2 men for 1 1/2 days.

Total product used: 5 - 5 gallon buckets with 1 gallon leftover
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 am

Parker wrote:Let me tell you what we’re going to try. Our roof was flat but we had our favorite guy come in and develop slight slopes to both sides of the roofs, run-off will go in two directions plus we tiled the roof with ceramic tile with a pool type grout. We had an issue where the run-off came directly off the third floor, down to the second floor and literally ran off the second floor stairs, cascading to the first floor. I guess we all learn with time, I only hope by telling my story this may help someone..

We did something very similar to our roof three years ago. So far so good. We're checking all the joints and applying a clear coat of silicone sealer this Spring.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

johninajijic wrote:I just had my roof completely recoated and resealed.

1. They power washed the entire roof and parapet walls with water only.

2. Scraping was done before power washing and during the operation to remove all loose material.

3. One coat of Casther Raincoat was applied 50% reduced with water for the FIRST COAT ONLY, as recommended on the bucket.

4. My master bedroom boveda membrane was bubbled and had to be removed. A new membrane was installed.

5. Two more coats at full strength was applied to the roof with heavy rollers.

Total time to complete: 70 man hours, using 3 men for 2 days and 2 men for 1 1/2 days.

Total product used: 5 - 5 gallon buckets with 1 gallon leftover

John can you give us an idea of approximate cost? I need mine done as well this year. See some dark spots on a wall where there is a little mildew. Not too bad but I think it's time for the job you just described. Need to put some pesos aside.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 am

My bad-misread Fester information.

Last edited by gatosigi on Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please delete--I misread the Fester information)

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 23, 2012 2:09 pm

gatosigi wrote:My bad-misread Fester information.

Prices vary depending on size of roof and number of coats required, amount of labor etc. And material used Fester 10 year is most expensive at approx $ 1,800 pesos a 5 gal bucket or use 7 year which is cheaper. If you're staying in your house, use the best guarantee material. You need to have a contractor look at the job. You may only need to do your bovedas or cupolas or your parapet walls.

You can use Casther material in 5 year at $ 820 pesos a bucket or Casther 7 year at $ 1,000 pesos a bucket. I highly recommend both these contractors.
PAINTING - 5 YEAR GUARANTEE - THE BEST
ENRIQUE PINEDA (Speaks perfect English)
Home: 766 4097
Cell ph: 045 333 440 6364

MAESTRO - CONST - REMODEL - ROOFS - TILE - POOLS - PAINTING - Highly Recommended
RUBEN “CHINO” CHAVARRIA (Speaks English)
Francisco Villa # 11 - Ajijic
Tel: 766 2327
Cell ph: 045 333 150 9031
See his new website: www.elchinoajijic.com
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

HOW TO WATERPROOF YOUR ROOF USING FESTER ACRITON Empty DELETED

Post by johninajijic Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 pm

DELETED
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down