INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drug Companies Pay Billions A Year To Soften The Health Risks Through Advertising

+6
johninajijic
Mainecoons
viajero
gringal
raqueteer
drmike
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drug  Companies Pay Billions A Year To Soften The Health Risks Through Advertising - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug Companies Pay Billions A Year To Soften The Health Risks Through Advertising

Post by gringal Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:20 am

Keep up the good work, Raq. There are too many people who believe what their doctor tells them without being pro-active in their own health care by doing s little research before popping that miracle drug. As someone said on this thread: the doctors get most of their pharmacology lessons from drug salesmen.

On the lighter side: the internist I visited in San Miguel had a fancy card holder on his desk with "LIPITOR" on the front. I asked him if he commonly prescribed it, and his answer was "OH NO. I never prescribe that, but the drug salesman gave me this nice card holder."

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Drug  Companies Pay Billions A Year To Soften The Health Risks Through Advertising - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug Companies Pay Billions A Year To Soften The Health Risks Through Advertising

Post by ferret Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:08 am

Interesting thread and very informative. Thanks to all.

I have a question for Dr. Mike about Chelation Therapy for the removal of plaque in the arteries. What kind of "work up" on the patient should be done first?
The reason behind the question is because we both had Chelation Therapy in San Miguel for plaque...once a week for twelve weeks. When my hubby starting experienceing claudication in both legs the following year, an MRI showed a four inch blockage in both femoral arteries. The Doctor called me in and showed me the screen. What puzzled the Doctor is that every other artery in his body was sparkling clean and he showed me that too.
So, does anyone check vein and/or circulation and/or kidney function and/or liver function to make sure that the chelated crap can be removed by your body BEFORE you have the therapy?
I have always suspected that the chelation therapy resulted in having to have the artificial artery bypass in both legs. Am I right to be suspicious or should I put that thought to bed?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am

Raqueteer,
Oil of oregano is an excellent antibiotic, but may I suggest two other ones you might want to consider. One is colloidal silver, which was the antibiotic of choice during WWI before antibiotics came out,

second Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) which is great as an antibiotic, mouthwash, and cleaning the chopping block. It disinfects everything and taken internally it kills off the viruses or bacteria. Read the directions carefully it only takes a few drops to do its magic.

Just for your information.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 am

drmike wrote:Raqueteer,
Oil of oregano is an excellent antibiotic, but may I suggest two other ones you might want to consider. One is colloidal silver, which was the antibiotic of choice during WWI before antibiotics came out,

second Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) which is great as an antibiotic, mouthwash, and cleaning the chopping block. It disinfects everything and taken internally it kills off the viruses or bacteria. Read the directions carefully it only takes a few drops to do its magic.

Just for your information.

Thanks Dr. Mike. Presumably the oil of Oregano will clear up protozoal and fungal infections as well. Tea tree is really magical in that area. Ruptures the cell membranes. Kaboom, sadly not recommended for internal use.

I'll pick up some more colloidal silver today, have run out, and the grapefruit seed extract as well.

Cheers.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Ferret,

As a chelating Doctor I've never had that problem arise. What I did was a thorough medical checkup including a detailed patient health history. If there is any suspicions that the patient may have an adverse reaction then I would not chelate them, or I would recommend oral chelation. I had one patient who was 93 years old and he had a 90% blockage of his jugular vein. The doctors did not know what to do. I chelated him and in about a year he went and had the test done and the vein was opened to 75%. His MD said, I don't know what you're doing but keep doing it.

I've never heard of or seen if any other chelating doctors had a blockage of the femoral artery. I'm not saying it wasn't related to chelation...when you deal with the body anything is possible.

Part of my tests was blood work to check kidney function and liver condition also the status of the minerals the patient had as chelation will remove minerals from the body. I did not check the blood flow through the veins in any sort of manner. It can be done, with a doppler machine.When I mixed up the chelating formula, I always added whatever else the particular patient needed. I always added Glutathione as it helps detox and heal the liver. If they had adrenal fatigue, I would add licorice to the mixture. Every mixture, which had the same basic formula in it, was adjusted for each patient needs.

I received my training in Chelation from ACAM (The American College for the Advancement of Medicine) probably the premier chelating organization for doctors. They have done much research and study on chelation and it's effects on people.

I hope this answers your question and gives you an idea how chelation works.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 pm

This thread is a classic circle jerk. Dawg has rarely seen a more perfect example of mutual back-scratching to no avail beyond recompense for having arrived inadvertently in the lowlands inhabited by like troglodytes mindlessly worshippimg a facile would-be "doctor" who tells them what they desperately want to hear. A confederacy of dunces.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I owe my life to a very dedicated lady pediatrician 50 years ago who spent
many many hours to find out what was wrong with me. Well she did and
all she got was money from was an office call and my parents thanks. If the situation
was the same today odds are I would have died very young because she
would not have been allowed to spend the time to diagnose me. Its just
not allowed. In fact in many situations she would have been penalized for
wasting the partnerships time. (I do know some Doctors are independent
but they are a very small minority these days). Today I don't believe my
doctor. I find much of his knowledge is old and drug company spun. I don't
want his pills as you end up needing a pill to take care of the problems from
the previous pill. Not sure how we got here but no doubt about it we are
here. Sad.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 pm

hound dog wrote:This thread is a classic circle jerk. Dawg has rarely seen a more perfect example of mutual back-scratching to no avail beyond recompense for having arrived inadvertently in the lowlands inhabited by like troglodytes mindlessly worshippimg a facile would-be "doctor" who tells them what they desperately want to hear. A confederacy of dunces.

Speaking of jerks, don't be one today, O.K. Troglodytes do not have computers BTW. Alternative medicine is clearly not for you, however some of us ARE interested in it.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

hound dog wrote:This thread is a classic circle jerk. Dawg has rarely seen a more perfect example of mutual back-scratching to no avail beyond recompense for having arrived inadvertently in the lowlands inhabited by like troglodytes mindlessly worshippimg a facile would-be "doctor" who tells them what they desperately want to hear. A confederacy of dunces.

I thought you were some kinda banker financial person. Last I checked that is about as far away from Docterin as you can get. You crossed the line with your
would be doctor comment. You know better. DAWG you suck today. Go away and let us continue our discussion. We are not worshipping anybody. The only
dunce is you Dawg.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 pm

"Doctors call for end to 45 common medical tests, procedures:

WASHINGTON — Old checklist for doctors: order that test, write that prescription. New checklist for doctors: first ask yourself if the patient really needs it.

Nine medical societies, including the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American College of Cardiology, representing nearly 375,000 physicians are challenging the widely held perception that more health care is better, releasing lists Wednesday of tests and treatments their members should no longer automatically order.

The 45 tests and procedures considered to be overused include:

Repeat colonoscopies within 10 years of a first test
Early imaging for most back pain
Brain scans for patients who fainted but didn't have seizures
Antibiotics for mild- to-moderate sinusitis unless symptoms last for seven or more days or worsen
Stress cardiac imaging or advanced non-invasive imaging in the initial evaluation of patients without cardiac symptoms unless high-risk markers are present
PAP smears on women younger than 21 or who have had a hysterectomy for a non-cancer disease
Advanced imaging or bone scans in patients with early-stage breast or low-grade prostate cancer
Bone scan screening for osteoporosis in women younger than 65 or men younger than 70 with no risk factors
Routine cancer screening on dialysis patients with limited life expectancies
Chemotherapy for sickest cancer patients

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46950533/ns/health-cancer/#.T3yKm2VKmnI

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Dawg, go chase your tail if you're not interested in the topic. For many of us who have tried traditional medicine to help what ails us, the non-traditional is next on the list. I believe you would call it grasping at straws whereas other cultures have used non-tradional medicine for centuries with good results. IMHO, if a pharmaceutical company can't make any money from it then those other methods are labelled voodoo and bad. Excuse me for questioning that belief.
Be good now, or I'm gonna hafta lock the doggie door.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Lay off the booze, Dawg! You're sounding mean as usual. If you don't like the post write one of your BORING third person epic on some trivial crap about Dawg as usual as if he has any special insight into anything, and we can all get a laugh out of that.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 pm

My only question about this topic and the other on vaccines - why wouldn't they have been started in the "Medical & Dental"section?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:My only question about this topic and the other on vaccines - why wouldn't they have been started in the "Medical & Dental"section?

Well, maybe C.B. will move the thread. IMO it's not a bad way to get the ball rolling since a lot of people don't check Medical and Dental on a regular basis.

Great list BTW, very eye opening. Beer

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Zed's post about doctors taking time with people reminds me of the difference between what happens in the states as compared to Mexico when you go to the office. There: shuffled into a room and handed a piece of paper to wear while you wait....and wait. Then comes the doctor, who has allotted you about five minutes, during which he/she glances frequently at a watch.

Here: You wait and wait in the waiting room, followed by more waiting in the doc's office, but at least you usually get to keep your clothes on. Finally, the doc comes, and you can take all the time you need to state your problem. That's why all the waiting up front. Never schedule a doc's visit here and anything else to follow on the same day. However, I prefer the way they do it here.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Good question CG. I had pretty much forgotten they even had a Medical/
Dental Forum and knew that most people read the Out on the Mirador section, so I've posted here.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2