INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So called "Quack Cures"

+3
hockables
Chapalagringa
Walter
7 posters

Go down

So called "Quack Cures" Empty So called "Quack Cures"

Post by Walter Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I am currently under going a shit load of tests to determine what the condition of my condition is. If it happens to be the big "C", then I doubt that the rest of my body could handle conventional cures , radiation, chemo, physical removal, etc. Not sure I would go that route anyway. Dead Horse

If you can't trust Lloyd Robertson, You might as well give up!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150635846921971

This one is about a two hour documentary, but once I started watching I couldn't stop. I like documentaries. It is definitely slanted.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=68943c8e-6838-4376-8add-2e3e4198453b

If anyone can line me up with a translator, for about five pages of large print, I would appreciate it. Can pay by E-mail or paypal. It is the results of cat scans that I had in Guad. in January. (Dr. Juan arranged.)

Now, if you don't know anything about this, can't make an intelligent comment, or even ask an intelligent question, then just lurk or go pick on John or something. (Hocks excepted because he's special). Shocked

I would especially like to get Drs. Juan and Mike to chime in. Thanks. -Steve

Last edited by Walter on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just stupid I guess!)
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So called "Quack Cures" Empty Re: So called "Quack Cures"

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Hickup & couldn't delete it.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Walter, I'm sorry to hear you have a condition. Even the Big C can be cured with a whole foods diet. Since you love documentaries, I'll see if I can find the one I watched more recently about it. There's a clinic here in Mexico. I know a woman still kickin here Lakeside healed of cancer with her diet so unless you're in a hurry, you may still be here a while ;)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead is one of them:
http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm

The Beautiful Truth is the best one...muy interesting!!!! Hope it helps!! Get well soon!

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beautiful-truth/
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey Itch...

Surely, in all of Alberta, U can find a Dr. with a Hispanic name... Have your Dr. consult with them.... This way.... Govment O Alberta pays for U'r translator:)

Get patched up and healthy soon... so we can get back to The Restaurant Reviews...

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks Lori.

Hocks- My liver doc has two Spanish speaking on his staff. He has had it since Feb. 15, still waiting. Those scans that I had done in Guad got alot of raised eyebrows but no comments. They are sending me for a bunch of tests tho. I could have done in Mexico in two weeks what has taken three months so far. (Hope Harper isn't reading this) Tick tock - tick tock.
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Walter:
Apparently your reason for being so vague about your current liver issues is that they are not telling you anything? Hopefully, it is because they are lost and it isn't something major!

Speaking from some experience with liver issues, I received a real education about how little some of these "clowns" know. About 15 years ago, I managed to pickup a case of Hepatitis B. Since I was bright yellow, it didn't take a genus to diagnose. After confirming blood tests, the doc said get well and I asked what needed to be done? Eat right, stay away from dairy and don't drink alcohol. After asking how long it would take to resolve itself - he responded 3 to 6 months and if not, they would put me on Interferon. Just wasn't satisfied with the answers. So I called my "voodoo chiropractor", who happened to also be big into nutrition and supplements. After I got my "blood workup numbers" for him, he worked up a 7 day dietary plan which laid out exactly what I was to eat and in what sequence each day. On top of that, he had me taking 17 supplement pills each day. In exactly 30 days, my blood workup was 100% normal much to the consternation of my regular doctor. He said he couldn't believe it and I said I did because I followed some very sound advice. He never asked what I had done!

Whenever, I get indications that I have irritated my liver with my lifestyle, I take a [/b]Livaplex[b] pill with each meal and cool it on the alcohol for a period of time: http://www.standardprocess.com/display/StandardProcessCatalog.spi?ID=99
This turned me into a firm believer of the knowledge that my chiropractor possessed and certainly made me more receptive to what nutritional supplements can do.

I hope the tests come out in your favor!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:14 am

Walter,
I've enclosed a list of many liver diseases which you can find yours and click on the link and find out more about it. These conditions have been studied.

My main patient condition when I had my practices were those with liver diseases, I always treated them with Glutathion, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Milk Thistle with excellent results. If you want me to be more specific PM me with your symptoms and I can be more specific with my recommendations. Until then read these articles.

Definition

The term "liver disease" applies to many diseases and disorders that cause the liver to function improperly or cease functioning. Abnormal results of liver function tests often suggest liver disease.

See also:

Amebic liver abscess
Autoimmune hepatitis
Biliary atresia
Cirrhosis
Coccidioidomycosis; disseminated
Delta agent (Hepatitis D)
Drug-induced cholestasis
Hemochromatosis
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Hepatocellular carcinoma
Liver cancer
Liver disease due to alcohol
Primary biliary cirrhosis
Pyogenic liver abscess
Reye's syndrome
Sclerosing cholangitis
Wilson's disease

Review Info
Jennifer K. Mannheim, CRNP, private practice, Seattle, Washington. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc., 07/27/2008

http://health.yahoo.net/adamcontent/liver-disease
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:24 am

BTW, CG I hope Bubba Dawg reads your reply as he seems to believe only in MD's as if they know anything. He's seems to be totally against any kind of medicine except mainstream. I think Bubba Dawg is getting bad advice from someone.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:50 am

Dr. Mike:

It is up to each one of us which version of medical music we choose to follow. Had I not been so familiar with this particular chiropractor, I would never have asked him in the first place or would I have been inclined to follow his recommendations. Had the original MD appeared to know what he was talking about and provided me with some treatment options, the situation may have been different.

At this point in my life, it is my responsibility to do the research and make what I think is the most informed decision I can make for myself. An MD will always get first shot and then I will look at alternatives from there if I am not receiving what I feel are the best options for myself.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 pm

CG You stated that "It is up to each one of us which version of medical music we choose to follow".

I do not disagree with that statement but when a person hangs himself out and body slams another for their medical training and knowledge, then I think that person opens himself up for response to their ignorance. Bubba Dawg called me a "so called doctor" and called our discussion of an issue as a "circle jerk". I think that shows his ignorance and total lack of understanding of anything but main stream medicine. While I agree he can choose whatever the hell he wants, he can keep his comments to himself as they are usually asinine.

I was just pointing out that I hoped he read your story of the success you had while the Medical Doctors scratched their heads. We, alternative doctors, often see patients when they have exhausted the main stream medical system and we see the sickest of the sick, and still we often heal them, often when main stream medial doctors have failed. I stand in the shadow of no Medical Doctor.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

drmike wrote:CG You stated that "It is up to each one of us which version of medical music we choose to follow".

I do not disagree with that statement but when a person hangs himself out and body slams another for their medical training and knowledge, then I think that person opens himself up for response to their ignorance. Bubba Dawg called me a "so called doctor" and called our discussion of an issue as a "circle jerk". I think that shows his ignorance and total lack of understanding of anything but main stream medicine. While I agree he can choose whatever the hell he wants, he can keep his comments to himself.

Dawg is just pounding keys... he don't mean nothin.... lob a few back at him and U 2 can be best o friends....

Glad ta see ya back Dr Mike.... we need help patching up my buddy Itch... then we can get back to work doin our Restraurant Reviews
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Bubba Dawg says that about everything. He's the only one that likes run ons more than I do...hmm, some pun intended. ;0)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you Hockables, I saw your photo at the Board Meeting. Wish I could have been there but I was flying into Guadalajara at the time. Thank you for your comments. I know he's pounding the keys, but you simply don't have to be mean spirited. Thanks for the advice.

I always enjoy your humor.

Last edited by drmike on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Chapalagringa,
Thank you for your pun. I guess I'm not used to "run ons". Perhaps that is why I'm sensitive to that sort of thing. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Some people just enjoy poking their fingers in your eyes to see what you'll do about it. Maybe it keeps them from blowing their brains out.

IMO, "retirement" can be bad for your health. Better to find interesting occupation for the mind and body. Keeps them both moving.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Tue May 01, 2012 11:12 am

Gringal,
I agree totally with you.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 pm

My niece's husband has brain cancer stage 3. Have you heard of ANYTHING that would prolong his life?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am

Kipissippi,

The only thing, that I know of, which may help him is radiation therapy, or surgery. Which I'm sure the oncologist have already considered. The brain protects itself by having a "blood-brain barrier" which keeps most medicines (and other bad and good things) from getting to the brain. It's difficult to find things that can cross the "blood-brain barrier", so chemo and other non-traditional medicines can't work unless researchers have been able to find something that will cross the barrier. The blood- brain barrier is very selective in what it lets into the brain.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific or offer more hope, but that is the physiology of the body. I wish your niece and her husband well.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 02, 2012 11:59 am

I really didn't expect a miracle...but you always hope.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down