INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan

+6
Smartalex
Mad_Max
kipissippi
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
Chico
10 posters

Go down

New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan Empty New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan

Post by Chico Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Yup, my fault, left the cord hanging over the edge of the counter and she grabbed it and chewed the hell out of it. It was a 30 year old 12 inch Farberware. They do not make them like this anymore. Any idea if or where I can get the control, plug and cord repaired or replaced? I have used this electric frypan at least two or three times a week for the past six years. The dog will be euthanized this week, and replaced with a shorter one, but my fry pan cannot be replaced. Thanks, chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan Empty Re: New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Chico wrote:Yup, my fault, left the cord hanging over the edge of the counter and she grabbed it and chewed the hell out of it. It was a 30 year old 12 inch Farberware. They do not make them like this anymore. Any idea if or where I can get the control, plug and cord repaired or replaced? I have used this electric frypan at least two or three times a week for the past six years. The dog will be euthanized this week, and replaced with a shorter one, but my fry pan cannot be replaced. Thanks, chico

30 years old, you got more than it's useful life out of it. Throw it out and buy another. Maybe someone picking up the trash can repair it who needs it more than you. LOL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan Empty Re: New puppy just destroyed controls to my electric fry pan

Post by Chico Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:15 pm

No one needs it more than me. We do not throw things out in Mexico, we have them fixed. I want it fixed. As you mentioned in one of your posts, the dog can go and be replaced, but the frying pan cannot. Have no idea why you are laughing, as I can easily pick up a dog with shorter legs this week, but that will not fix my frying pan. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:34 pm

When you sober up in the morning, you will find that this was merely a "fig newton" of your imagination!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:43 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:When you sober up in the morning, you will find that this was merely a "fig newton" of your imagination!

I miss you so much. Please let me know when you are returning to Ajjic and if you are increasing the price for your services. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 pm

I feel your pain!!! What they're not realizing is you LOVE your pan and what you can get to replace it...I guarantee isn't going to last even a fraction that long. That's one of the things I love about Mexico...they CAN fix damn near anything!!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Terry:

Here is a challenge - post a photo for the very first time of one of your imaginary traumas. You happen to be one sick SOB with your innuendos! I know that it pays to advertise your inclinations but they are wasted on those who aren't so inclined.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Chico wrote:No one needs it more than me. We do not throw things out in Mexico, we have them fixed. I want it fixed. As you mentioned in one of your posts, the dog can go and be replaced, but the frying pan cannot. Have no idea why you are laughing, as I can easily pick up a dog with shorter legs this week, but that will not fix my frying pan. chico

chico, don't be so serious. I was only joking.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:57 pm

For repairs, you can try the repair place at Handy Mail - in the back they have an electrical repair place. A couple of months ago I took 2 items in - one they could fix and the other they could not. And yeah, one was a puppy chewed cord (that was the one they could fix)
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am

I have actually seen these control units at the Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic. There are two, sometimes three, guys selling all sorts of used connectors, controls and power supplies. Bring the old one for a match.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:33 am

If the dog only chewed the wire and not the actual control box it is a very easy fix with another length of wire and some electricians tape. Bring it by the Monday market between 10:00 and 12:00 today and I'll show you how.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:23 am

New puppy? What new puppy?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 am

If Chico gets any "cuter", he'll turn into an antique Kewpie Doll.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:21 pm

kipissippi wrote:I feel your pain!!! What they're not realizing is you LOVE your pan and what you can get to replace it...I guarantee isn't going to last even a fraction that long. That's one of the things I love about Mexico...they CAN fix damn near anything!!!

Thank you. It would be like losing my grandmother's cast iron skillet that I brought with me. Think I just figured out why I have never been burgled. I have nothing of value. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:24 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Chico wrote:No one needs it more than me. We do not throw things out in Mexico, we have them fixed. I want it fixed. As you mentioned in one of your posts, the dog can go and be replaced, but the frying pan cannot. Have no idea why you are laughing, as I can easily pick up a dog with shorter legs this week, but that will not fix my frying pan. chico

chico, don't be so serious. I was only joking.

John, I was only joking, also. About getting rid of the dog. Not about the frypan. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If the dog only chewed the wire and not the actual control box it is a very easy fix with another length of wire and some electricians tape. Bring it by the Monday market between 10:00 and 12:00 today and I'll show you how.

She did break the plastic rotater that sets the temp control, and a small piece was missing. cleaning lady came today and I went through what she had swept and lo and behold, I found the tiny piece and have superglued it. We will see. Maybe I will just need to replace the cord. Thanks, Bob. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Trailrunner wrote:New puppy? What new puppy?

OK, so she is a year old, but I have only had her two months. To me, she is a new puppy. You have met Chica. Good to see you today and good luck on your new book. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 am

They repair almost everything in Mexico. There are many stores that repair electronics and they are reasonable in price. Haven't tried the one inside Handymail but it would be the closest. Every small town has a repair place.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down