INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel

4 posters

Go down

When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel Empty When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:50 pm

I will be going for about three weeks in December, I fly to Atlanta. I have figured out over the years a few things like; don't pick travel dates too close to Christmas or New years and don't wait too long to book. The airline website, in this case, Delta, becausw they have the only non-stop to Atlanta, ALWAYS has the best fare and even a low fare guarantee (certain restrictions apply).

I have also discovered that if you are in Mexico looking at the Delta website while talking to your sister in the U.S. who is also looking at the Delta website, you will not be given the same flight availabilty and fare information. The flights that your sister is looking at are sometimes cheaper and often better than the ones you are being shown. Also, The fare often goes up slightly if you are just looking at fares (not booking a weekend flight) on the weekend....seriously!
If I ever figure out how to get a proxy IP adress I will be able to do this all by myself, I suppose, but so far it has proven to be way complicado.

I also have to buy a RT ticket to Tijuana, but that person can not leave untill the Dec 22 .

So when should I buy? Like, now? Prices are pretty high, but I don't think I have seen them too much lower this yeaq. I would just die if I bought tickets now and then they went down $5.00 tomorrow....Ha!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel Empty flights

Post by otrocanuck Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:41 pm

I found a web site that tracks flight information, so if you have time before you need to fly you can simply fill in the flight information for the flights you want and the web site tracks the price daily and even sends an e-mail to your in box if there is a large decrease in the flight's cost. The site is Yapta.com and is self explanatory, all you need is the airline, flight numbers and dates you want to fly, and it keeps track of the price fluctuations for you.

Hope this helps
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel Empty Re: When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:54 pm

ah, that does help...thanks!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel Empty Re: When is the best time to buy plane tickets for Christmas time travel

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Now that you've got your answer, I must ask: isn't time travel easier when it's not a holiday?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Haha, o.k. ...Christmas season travel...but any kind of travel is easier when it's not a holiday!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Because I constantly watch fares from NOB to Guadalajara, I think I can safely say that there is never a predictable best time. In reading your posts, it appears that you are locked into Delta and from a number of years experience, sometimes cheaptickets.com has better fares on Delta that the regular Delta Site.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down