INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love in Action

+36
Smartalex
E-raq
northernguy
Luisa
DaveP
hockables
court0503
ferret
caguama
Rosa Venus
MexicoPete
Carry Bean
Ms.Thang
mouseketeer
slainte39
Parker
CanuckBob
Mainecoons
Axixic
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
viajero
Flamingo
brigitte
RoofBob
espíritu del lago
DonPito
solajijic
gringal
ComputerGuy
Traveller
Intercasa
Chapala Payaso
seisdedos
Trailrunner
David
40 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Love in Action - Page 3 Empty Re: Love in Action

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm

[quote="gringal"]Chapalagringa:

You're so silly. Keep digging using google and you'll find your answer. From my understanding, originally, they headed to Guadalajara, and probably the site hasn't been updated since they moved down here in the past year or so. Shall we be shocked together! I just don't see anything shocking about what she wrote...[b]it's like desperately looking for something to hate them for. lol She appears to be a very sweet & transparent person."

What's with the "hate" stuff? Or the "shocking" stuff? Nonsense. I don't hate anyone and at this point, nothing much shocks me.

The only source of information about the group is on the web.
If you want to update it, please do so.

There are many people, including me, who have expressed approval of helping the kids whether we like the religious side of it or not.

If the group thinks it's necessary to send a couple of busloads to Guanajuato to get inspired........I think it's a waste of money that should have gone to more practical purposes, but I'm not coming from your point of view.....and I'm not dispersing the money, either. Fortunately, most of us are ignoring that and hoping the kids' needs are being dealt with, first and foremost.

So how about just being glad most us, with some exceptions, are focused on the kids, not the church?

I don't think we've mentioned anything about hate gringal. I was teasing about the shock that they were moving to a big city and landed in SAT. That's all. ok you may not have even said shock, it was the smily & I read shock while typing my post.

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:41 pm

The use of the term "enemy" was clear and the Advisory Committee took it as such. Lori, you can't backpeddle for them so please stopy speculating on who they are and what they're up to. Face it, they've already done irreputable harm to the organization by driving away their key financial backers. Niether you nor they know "what's best" for these kids. Especially you since you got dogma to sell. It's just plain dishonest to say otherwise. You may not be a bad person but you've got an agenda and IMHO that's dangerous.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:44 pm

[quote="Chapalagringa

I just don't see anything shocking about what she wrote...it's like desperately looking for something to hate them for. lol She appears to be a very sweet & transparent person. [/quote]

This is what you wrote. Shocking was what she posted on their website referring to the Advisory Committee as the "enemy." It was clear who she was referring to. BTW, there is no "devil."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Lori. Chapalagringa is Lori? The same Lori who years ago was cute and chatty on C.com - and clearly with her Jesus agenda there too? One and the same? Well, until her agenda went something like this thread is going and her pastor husband (according to her post) said he could no longer allow her to post on C.com. She moved on. She seems like a nice person, but definitely god squad and with a convert agenda.

Lori. Do she and her pastor husband have the church on the carretera in SAT? The one that some of their dignitaries use to give credibility to their feed-the-kids program in SAT? The one where the kids are held and hugged and squeezed and handled while mom looks away because they are going home with full bellies?

If so, you will never get anything but rhetoric from Chapalagringa. If you are a different Lori, please, tell us who you are and what you are about.

TIA

Last edited by Trailrunner on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Chapalagringa: Once you've typed it, it's a done deal, so "woman up" and live with it.
What you said was:"it's like desperately looking for something to hate them for. "

It's like politicians talking out of both sides of their mouths. You're too strong a person to go there, so don't.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm

gringal wrote:Chapalagringa: Once you've typed it, it's a done deal, so "woman up" and live with it.
What you said was:"it's like desperately looking for something to hate them for. "

It's like politicians talking out of both sides of their mouths. You're too strong a person to go there, so don't.

yes, yes I did write it and had already forgotten I did...sorry.

Well, hope John was glad to have the night off. Dead Horse lol (if you don't get it, don't worry about it.)

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh, everyone gets it.

Sadly you, like John, do not.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm

When this topic first started up, I thought to myself: "thank goodness this isn't an active period for Lori! Boy did I ever get fooled.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Yep, I gave John and Dan the night off. They needed a break from being the forum punching bag. lol

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Why would anyone think it was a dove?
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:46 pm

After looking at this thread, I conclude it may as well find its way to the Octagon since it is so full of misinformation and the usual personal nastiness that seems to characterize many of the participants on this board.

So carry on your little hate fest without me.

LIA's head, Anabel Frutos will be submitting a statement for publication to the GDL Reporter.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 pm

I doubt that will get the supporters back. They're well known, respected, and been here way longer than you MC. They have the creds, the others do not regardless of what Anabel says "for publication."

Interesting that you say there's misinformation in this thread but make no attempt to clarify anything. Maybe because you've not really been involved with LiA very long? Maybe you don't know the "real" story.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:27 pm

There's really no point David. Believe what you like. Like much of what goes on over here, this thread is just another lefty hate fest, this time agaiinst people you don't know and Christianity in general.

Have fun.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:I'm sure that using the terminology "the enemy" was and is always just that, the enemy the devil.
It's pretty damned clear, as David has already said, that the reference to "the devil" was pointedly aimed at the Advisory Council and anyone on their side. Tossing around the term "the devil" to obfuscate the facts has always been pretty damned transparent to the rest of the world, too, in case you hadn't noticed.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Mainecoons wrote: Like much of what goes on over here, this thread is just another lefty hate fest, this time agaiinst people you don't know and Christianity in general.

Have fun.

This is just a continuation of the same discussion that was started (and now probably deleted or edited) on Crapola, Coons. Although probably a "righty" hate fest over there, eh?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm

David wrote:I doubt that will get the supporters back. They're well known, respected, and been here way longer than you MC. They have the creds, the others do not regardless of what Anabel says "for publication."

Interesting that you say there's misinformation in this thread but make no attempt to clarify anything. Maybe because you've not really been involved with LiA very long? Maybe you don't know the "real" story.

O.K. David why don’t you tell us all how you perceive the real story to be.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 am

Once again, MC seems to be frustrated by a thread he cannot control. Injecting his opinion that it belongs in the Octagon and that there was a political agenda speaks for itself.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Once again, MC seems to be frustrated by a thread he cannot control. Injecting his opinion that it belongs in the Octagon and that there was a political agenda speaks for itself.

Ditto
On TOB, the moderator locked the thread, because of the 'moderator'. Rolling Eyes
A 'leftist' agenda??...Now that's a stretch. The parties involved are named Romey...not Romney.
MC is probably one of the people that said "The Lorax" was a political movie.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 am

Pardon my cynicism, but my observation is that more acrimony is generated by and within religious and political groups than anyplace else.
John Lennon's "Imagine" says it, and it's true.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 am

@ this venture this is beating a Dead Horse putting it to rest until further development makes sense unless you want to be redundant.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Anyone who wants to know the story can read about it in the Guad Reporter, letters to the GR, and posts on TOB and draw their own conclusions. The simple fact that the row over the so-called "mission statement" resulted in the mass resignation of the Advisory Committee, all of whom were major donors, is indication enough that "palace coup" occurred, orchestrated by the newcomers, not residents, with a fundamentalist religious agenda. Their agenda was obviously more important to them than the financial well-being of the organization as demonstrated by their unwillingness to compromise and the subsequant departure of the AC, several volunteers and donors. As near as I can determine, those are facts. Stating and discussing those facts is not a "hate-fest. Further, there's nothing "lefty" about criticizing poor management or their hard stand taken on principle that has had a negative impact. I fostered no attack on "Christianity." Allowing a disagreement over a few "christian" words in a "mission statement" to drive away major supporters is just plain stupid and totally irresponsible.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mouseketeer Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:18 pm

I am new to this forum and new to the area and I am quite astonished. From the things said on the two major forums, I find no way to tell what really happened. Well, other than someone said something, some people got mad and left and now there is talk about forced bible study, lack of catholic culture, and very little about abused and neglected children. What if the people who left and who supposedly had a long history with this orphanage were to sit down with the perceived offenders and worked at a solution? The outcome could be different if everybody were to apologize, forgive and move on; the children would maybe have their volunteers returned to them and they would have been given a real life experience in forgiveness and being responsible. Where are the adults, by the way? "Adults" who have given time and emotional support to abused children should never leave without having tried all avenues of reconciliation and if there are none, then doing a skillful job of separating from the children. Poor kids, now they can add another abandonment to their already long list of abuse.

mouseketeer

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:21 pm

David wrote:Anyone who wants to know the story can read about it in the Guad Reporter, letters to the GR, and posts on TOB and draw their own conclusions. The simple fact that the row over the so-called "mission statement" resulted in the mass resignation of the Advisory Committee, all of whom were major donors, is indication enough that "palace coup" occurred, orchestrated by the newcomers, not residents, with a fundamentalist religious agenda. Their agenda was obviously more important to them than the financial well-being of the organization as demonstrated by their unwillingness to compromise and the subsequant departure of the AC, several volunteers and donors. As near as I can determine, those are facts. Stating and discussing those facts is not a "hate-fest. Further, there's nothing "lefty" about criticizing poor management or their hard stand taken on principle that has had a negative impact. I fostered no attack on "Christianity." Allowing a disagreement over a few "christian" words in a "mission statement" to drive away major supporters is just plain stupid and totally irresponsible.

Your explanation of what occurred is put forth so plainly and succinctly that I doubt anyone can understand it. Shocked Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks slainte39. The post above yours proves your statement!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:11 pm

David wrote:Anyone who wants to know the story can read about it in the Guad Reporter, letters to the GR, and posts on TOB and draw their own conclusions. The simple fact that the row over the so-called "mission statement" resulted in the mass resignation of the Advisory Committee, all of whom were major donors, is indication enough that "palace coup" occurred, orchestrated by the newcomers, not residents, with a fundamentalist religious agenda. Their agenda was obviously more important to them than the financial well-being of the organization as demonstrated by their unwillingness to compromise and the subsequant departure of the AC, several volunteers and donors. As near as I can determine, those are facts. Stating and discussing those facts is not a "hate-fest. Further, there's nothing "lefty" about criticizing poor management or their hard stand taken on principle that has had a negative impact. I fostered no attack on "Christianity." Allowing a disagreement over a few "christian" words in a "mission statement" to drive away major supporters is just plain stupid and totally irresponsible.

Very well said, David. Taking a hard stand on ones personal agenda, whatever that may be, is fine . But to take that stand at the expense of 40 plus needy, at risk children is not fine. The original mission statement and the original mission itself has served these children well for a long time. It doesn't matter if these people are christians or the devil's own...damage done is damage done.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 pm

mouseketeer wrote:I am new to this forum and new to the area and I am quite astonished. From the things said on the two major forums, I find no way to tell what really happened. Well, other than someone said something, some people got mad and left and now there is talk about forced bible study, lack of catholic culture, and very little about abused and neglected children. What if the people who left and who supposedly had a long history with this orphanage were to sit down with the perceived offenders and worked at a solution? The outcome could be different if everybody were to apologize, forgive and move on; the children would maybe have their volunteers returned to them and they would have been given a real life experience in forgiveness and being responsible. Where are the adults, by the way? "Adults" who have given time and emotional support to abused children should never leave without having tried all avenues of reconciliation and if there are none, then doing a skillful job of separating from the children. Poor kids, now they can add another abandonment to their already long list of abuse.

How can others just ignore this well, thought-out stated statement and just move on to patting each other on the backside or belittling others? You people really do amaze me.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next