INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

+26
espíritu del lago
Zedinmexico
Parker
conbtrarian
Ms Mac
E-raq
ferret
kipissippi
Trailrunner
Jim W
Carry Bean
hockables
hound dog
joec
gringal
camillenparadise
MyHomeSweetHome
seisdedos
Axixic
angela04101
CheenaGringo
Hensley
viajero
lucky
CanuckBob
johninajijic
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 5 Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by Smartalex Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm

kipissippi wrote:I don't know about other peoples pets, but mine don't have parasites, fleas or ticks..thanks to Revolution (fleas and heartworm) Preventic tick collar (works great!) and Diatomaceous Earth for all other parasites including tape worm which is a BITCH to get rid of.. But DE does the trick.

Yeah...I'm sure your dogs' poop don't stink either.

Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 5 Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by kipissippi Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm

OMG!!! You smell your dog's poop? That's got to make you one strange dude. razberry It's going to take me forever to get that image out of my mind..super yuck
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 pm

kipissippi wrote:OMG!!! You smell your dog's poop? That's got to make you one strange dude. Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 5 223417 It's going to take me forever to get that image out of my mind..super yuck

Cheap Shot, totally out of context, shame.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 am

Smartalex wrote:
kipissippi wrote:I don't know about other peoples pets, but mine don't have parasites, fleas or ticks..thanks to Revolution (fleas and heartworm) Preventic tick collar (works great!) and Diatomaceous Earth for all other parasites including tape worm which is a BITCH to get rid of.. But DE does the trick.

Yeah...I'm sure your dogs' poop don't stink either.

And neither does hers!!! ROTFLMFAO

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 am

More than likely none of the dogs belonging to caring owners will have any hitchhikers. It's so easy to keep your pets pest free these days.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 am

One addition to this pest free discussion: I walk on the Ajijic Malecon at the same time as dozens of dog owners take their animals for a walk. They usually let them run leashless around the park, where they meet up with their street dog counterparts and do the doggie meet and greet number. The street dogs, being generous to a fault, share their various ailments and their parasites.

It's hard to avoid the problem when the owners are thick headed enough to leave their "furkids" off leash in the park. It's also illegal, but ...........

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:09 am

.........but, my "kid" is perfect. Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 am

The new stuff doesn't just kill the pests..it keeps them off. And I'm soooo glad. I help with a rescue here and foster several abandoned furkids at a time. I've never had a problem with fleas in my house. Since the new Avantic tick collars came out...that particular little beastie is now absent too.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 am

gringal wrote:One addition to this pest free discussion: I walk on the Ajijic Malecon at the same time as dozens of dog owners take their animals for a walk. They usually let them run leashless around the park, where they meet up with their street dog counterparts and do the doggie meet and greet number. The street dogs, being generous to a fault, share their various ailments and their parasites.

It's hard to avoid the problem when the owners are thick headed enough to leave their "furkids" off leash in the park. It's also illegal, but ...........

And those who let their dogs run leashless are STUPID too, if the dogs have not been neutered. The last thing Lakeside needs is more stray dogs for the already overburdened shelers.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Kip, I Googled "Avantic tick collar" and got nada. Could it be spelled differently? Ticks carry erlichia, sort of like AIDS for digs...TIA.

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:20 pm

I should know better than to trust my memory!!!! It's Preventic. A sweet hound showed up last year covered in ticks. I took off all of them...I thought, but when I look closer at some scabby areas...they were SOLID seed ticks. YUCK!!!!! I put down a sheet over the couch she chose and put the collar on her...first time I'd ever tried it. I was amazed. Within an hour it looked like it was covered...I'm talking hundreds and hundreds... with seed ticks (they looked like poppy seeds) and other kinds. Then I started freaking thinking they were just letting go of her and waiting for me! I put some inside a circle I'd drawn on paper They may have moved a fraction ...but they never got out of the circle. AMAZING new product. They're expensive...about ten bucks per collar (twenty at the vet!) BUT they're made to fit the largest dog so I cut them up to fit several smaller dogs so it's not so expensive but every bit as affective.

http://www.jefferspet.com/preventic-collars/camid/PET/cp/0040647/cn/150/
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Where do you buy food grade DE Lakeside that's affordable?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Don't know about Lakeside Laurie, I know it's cheap up here. I bought 50 pounds for $25...had to pay another $25 to have it shipped from Oregon.

FYI ... 50 pounds will last me...forever. I give lots of it away. It doesn't take very much, you can even bake it into your bread or oatmeal. It's like flour.

I would imagine you could find it somewhere it Quad....or maybe someone coming down could bring it to you..

Maybe if you contact the source of the pool grade stuff they could turn you on to the food grade?

kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5