INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

+26
espíritu del lago
Zedinmexico
Parker
conbtrarian
Ms Mac
E-raq
ferret
kipissippi
Trailrunner
Jim W
Carry Bean
hockables
hound dog
joec
gringal
camillenparadise
MyHomeSweetHome
seisdedos
Axixic
angela04101
CheenaGringo
Hensley
viajero
lucky
CanuckBob
johninajijic
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 4 Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am

It is a legitimate question. that deserves an answer. If a smoker is regulated by law, why can't the health of restaurant patrons with allergies be regulated by law?

No takers??

espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 4 Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 am

How about common sense and common courtesy?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 am

espíritu del lago wrote:PS.. I have 5 dogs, two cats and 2 horses and a herd of goats. But I do not take them to restaurants.

Why wouldn't people who abhor smokers due to health reasons not show the same respect to people who have medical issues with animals?

It is a legitimate question. that deserves an answer. If a smoker is regulated by law, why can't the health of restaurant patrons with allergies be regulated by law? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

Totally agree...I don't think you should be able to take your goose OR your gander.... unless a nice orange sauce is involved. Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 am

There are lists of the restaurants locally who accept pets. If I had severe allergies I'd avoid those restaurants.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 am

What about people with peanut allergies? Should the law forbid peanuts in restaurants? Hay fever? No plants or flowers. Laundry detergent? Perfume? Shell fish? Bees? Insecticides?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

espíritu del lago wrote:
It is a legitimate question. that deserves an answer. If a smoker is regulated by law, why can't the health of restaurant patrons with allergies be regulated by law?

No takers??

I made my statement, perhaps you missed it. See my post above. BTW that second hand smoke business is a crock. There has never, i repeat NEVER been a single verified scientific study on the dangers of second hand smoke. Period.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:53 am

Orange sauce should always be involved with the goose or gander.

I agree that people would survive just fine if they left their pet at home when they go out to eat. If they can't handle that, they and their pet have a problem, whether they admit it or not.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 am

"I agree that people would survive just fine if they left their pet at home when they go out to eat. If they can't handle that, they and their pet have a problem, whether they admit it or not." -- gringal

Beer
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 am

Hypothetically speaking I want to eat at the restaurant that allows dogs.They are the only restaurant in town that totally gluten free, vegetarian, and handicapped accessible restaurant in town. Plus they banned people from wearing cologne and wearing white socks with sandals. Next week they will be banning gringos because the Mexicans wanted a Gringo free zone? What do I do??

Beer
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 am

Ahhh guys come on a little adventure every so often to an outdoor café is no big deal. However people who take their dogs inside and pretend that they're humans, yes, they do have a problem. Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 am

I don´t know what you can do. I am looking for a restaurant that bans people having stupid conversations in very loud voices.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:02 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I don´t know what you can do. I am looking for a restaurant that bans people having stupid conversations in very loud voices.

Guess that lets out Roberto's. Too bad really. Far too many badly dressed wannabe socialites in there.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:04 am

I agree E.raq. To clarify: I see no problem with taking a (quiet, well.behaved) dog out for a treat or adventure in an outdoor seating area. It is the I "CAN´T" leave the dog home or it has to sit on my lap or (worse) on a chair people who have a problem.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:08 am

In all honesty, I’d take dogs any day over those that seem to bathe in perfume.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I agree E.raq. To clarify: I see no problem with taking a (quiet, well.behaved) dog out for a treat or adventure in an outdoor seating area. It is the I "CAN´T" leave the dog home or it has to sit on my lap or (worse) on a chair people who have a problem.

I'll drink to that.
Beer

However, I have a hard time imagining what kind of treat it is for a dog to be expected to sit quietly under a table where people are devouring good smelling food. The same with the outdoor markets where the smells are tantalizing. When I had a dog, a treat and adventure were going down to the river and getting water all over people when an after-swim shake was the order of the day. lol.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

The dogs get bacon & a bowl of water at Early Bird, free.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:20 am

gringal wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:I agree E.raq. To clarify: I see no problem with taking a (quiet, well.behaved) dog out for a treat or adventure in an outdoor seating area. It is the I "CAN´T" leave the dog home or it has to sit on my lap or (worse) on a chair people who have a problem.

I'll drink to that.
Beer

However, I have a hard time imagining what kind of treat it is for a dog to be expected to sit quietly under a table where people are devouring good smelling food. The same with the outdoor markets where the smells are tantalizing. When I had a dog, a treat and adventure were going down to the river and getting water all over people when an after-swim shake was the order of the day. lol.

Our dog knows that if he's a good boy he will get treats, and lots of them once we have finished eating. Not being a good boy gets no reward. That's my method, reward based training, works every time. Even on the beach. Bacon treats for coming when called despite pelicans and herons and other doggies.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 am

Carry Bean wrote:The dogs get bacon & a bowl of water at Early Bird, free.

Now that's a treat......but not offered by most places. His advertising indicates he caters to pet owners. I'm not fond of the People food at Early Bird, so no matter.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 am

I think some dogs are more social and really like just being with their own and other humans no matter the situation. Bacon does help, of course.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Sometimes it's apples and oranges. Obviously a large dog that drools, jumps on people and poops in the middle of the floor..would not be welcome..anywhere. Children who behave that way should be left home as well. (same with out of control spouses)

I'll bet that there are others like me who've been taking their little pals everywhere...restaurants, movies.. trail rides..SOB/ NOB for years. My long haired Chihuahua was happy as long as she was with me. No one ever knew she was there. Either inside my jacket or my big purse.

So it mostly boils down to manners. If you're ruining someone else's dinner or just causing them to have a hissy fit.... leave your pet home. They don't need to be exposed to bad behavior Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

gringal wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:The dogs get bacon & a bowl of water at Early Bird, free.

Now that's a treat......but not offered by most places. His advertising indicates he caters to pet owners. I'm not fond of the People food at Early Bird, so no matter.

So you don't like the French Dip or the Reuben anymore?

"Hi, for all those who saw my post under Los Cincos Potrillos before I deleted it:

I found myself hijacking that thread and I apologize. What I said was that the new Farmers Market has a tough parking situation and that the bread guy who provides us with "breakfast" (his good cheese rolls) wasn't there..........so we headed hungrily for the Early Bird. Hadn't been there for awhile.
The host suggested his new "French Dip", so we tried it. WOW. THE best we've had around here. Tender meat, nice bun, and russet fries. Not cheap; 90 pesos, but enough for two, IMO. Good dipping sauce. If that's something you crave on occasion........this is the place. Thought it deserved a plug."

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Aha.....a post collector. Is it simple curiosity or the "gotcha" game?

In this case, I once had a favorable opinion of what I was served, but later experiences changed my mind and I haven't been there recently.
At the time I was first there, we were one of very few customers. No problem.

The last time, it was crowded with dogs and smokers. I didn't like the food enough to return. I can get a better breakfast or lunch without that environment, so I do. Different strokes.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Not a post collector, I just remembered you saying you loved a couple of things there. You should have sat in the inside section where there's no smoking allowed. I don't think I've ever seen a dog there either.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Not a post collector, I just remembered you saying you loved a couple of things there. You should have sat in the inside section where there's no smoking allowed. I don't think I've ever seen a dog there either.

Depends on when you go there, the size of the crowd, where you sit and the kind of air circulation going on.

I can understand why a dog owner would like being there (especially with bacon), and I really don't want to get any further than I already am with the dogs in restaurants issue, but there are downsides to the places they are allowed. I am reaching the Picky Old Fogy stage of life, and as a geezer, one of my choices is to favor restaurants that don't allow smoking, dogs or their little flea friends.....anywhere on the premises. For those that don't mind and love the food, too......Early Bird is a good option. Enjoy.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't know about other peoples pets, but mine don't have parasites, fleas or ticks..thanks to Revolution (fleas and heartworm) Preventic tick collar (works great!) and Diatomaceous Earth for all other parasites including tape worm which is a BITCH to get rid of.. But DE does the trick.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm

kipissippi wrote:I don't know about other peoples pets, but mine don't have parasites, fleas or ticks..thanks to Revolution (fleas and heartworm) Preventic tick collar (works great!) and Diatomaceous Earth for all other parasites including tape worm which is a BITCH to get rid of.. But DE does the trick.

Yeah...I'm sure your dogs' poop don't stink either.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next