INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaw dish installation

+6
slainte39
Zedinmexico
MexicoPete
johninajijic
Jim W
CanuckBob
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shaw dish installation Empty Shaw dish installation

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 pm

We are bringing a new Shaw 75E elliptical dish down and need to get it installed and aimed. The house we have rented previously had one installed but they took it with them. The old bolt holes and all the wiring are still in place so it is just a matter of bolting the new one on and aiming it. I know there are a few satellite installation services in the area. Who would be the best to call and do this for me? We are in west Ajijic.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Shaw dish installation Empty Re: Shaw dish installation

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Jose Anguiano B. Telephone 765-4577, installed ours.....he also installed most of Ed Lindfoot's sales. Never had a problem...He speaks English.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:We are bringing a new Shaw 75E elliptical dish down and need to get it installed and aimed. The house we have rented previously had one installed but they took it with them. The old bolt holes and all the wiring are still in place so it is just a matter of bolting the new one on and aiming it. I know there are a few satellite installation services in the area. Who would be the best to call and do this for me? We are in west Ajijic.

Do you have a receiver? I know of one used and can get it for you. The best person in Ajijiic is:
AJIJIC ELECTRONICS S.A. de C.V.
STAR CHOICE - DISH NETWORK - SKY - HOME THEATER SYSTEMS
MIKE MERRYMAN or MARIO
2 - A Los Flores - Ajijic - Located on street between La Huerta Plaza and Las Flores Plaza
Tel: 766 3371 or 766 1117 (Open 9 - 5, Except 2 - 4 P.M.)

I've been using them for 11 years without problems and they give me good service.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm

If there is easy access to where the antenna is, why not watch him do it. Down here because the prices are low, I pay someone else to do it. But up north when I had to pay (the amount would be much higher up there) I would always install my own. The first time it's a little difficult, but by the 3rd or 4th it gets almost easy.

That way if you ever need to fine tune the antenna you can do it yourself, something I have to do every time I'm in Seattle with my portable (smaller) 60 E sat dish. (It mounted on a slideable 2 by 10" board on my desk that I have to move every time I have to close the curtain when I go north or south for a week or more. I'm in a condo on the 19th floor of a 33 story building so, I don't, for practical purposes, have a roof to put it on.)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm

CanuckBob wrote:We are bringing a new Shaw 75E elliptical dish down and need to get it installed and aimed. The house we have rented previously had one installed but they took it with them. The old bolt holes and all the wiring are still in place so it is just a matter of bolting the new one on and aiming it. I know there are a few satellite installation services in the area. Who would be the best to call and do this for me? We are in west Ajijic.

You want somebody who has a meter a good one as it will cut down on cloud fade
compared to someone who just aims it and uses the meter in the Shaw box. I almost
always get more signal with a good meter than hand aiming using the Shaw box. You
can probably follow the instuction your self and aim it and just call the guy in to fine
tune it. Does somebody have the numbers for E75 in Ajijic?? I am in seattle and
don't have my documents.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Oh, to get dish pointing information, go to
http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/Anik-F1R.html

From your area, your dish pointing Azimuth is about 191.1 degrees and your elevation about 65.4 degrees for Anik F 1R

That same site will give you the azimuth and elevation for Anik F-2
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Ajijic Electronics installed my Shaw system several years ago...have never had a problem.
766-3371

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Used Ajijic Satellite to install ours.

They showed up on time, cleaned up afterwards and I have no complaints.
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:01 pm

slainte39 and zenwoodie - Don't you read the posts before you post. Two parrots. I gave that info 4 posts before yours.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

johninajijic wrote:

Do you have a receiver? I know of one used and can get it for you. The best person in Ajijiic is:
MIKE MERRYMAN or MARIO
2 - A Los Flores - Ajijic - Located on street between La Huerta Plaza and Las Flores Plaza

I've been using them for 11 years without problems and they give me good service.

Yes, I have a brand new HDPVR630 receiver.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:06 pm

MexicoPete wrote:If there is easy access to where the antenna is, why not watch him do it. Down here because the prices are low, I pay someone else to do it. But up north when I had to pay (the amount would be much higher up there) I would always install my own. The first time it's a little difficult, but by the 3rd or 4th it gets almost easy.

That way if you ever need to fine tune the antenna you can do it yourself, something I have to do every time I'm in Seattle with my portable (smaller) 60 E sat dish. (It mounted on a slideable 2 by 10" board on my desk that I have to move every time I have to close the curtain when I go north or south for a week or more. I'm in a condo on the 19th floor of a 33 story building so, I don't, for practical purposes, have a roof to put it on.)

I have installed many Bell satellite dishes in Vancouver however like you said "Down here because the prices are low, I pay someone else to do it."
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

MIKE MERRYMAN or MARIO

Yes, I have a brand new HDPVR630 receiver.

Is that for HDTV?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Yes, and a 500GB PVR for recording.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:36 pm

johninajijic wrote:slainte39 and zenwoodie - Don't you read the posts before you post. Two parrots. I gave that info 4 posts before yours.
Yes they saw that John. But many of us do not believe that you are the expert that you think you are on all subjects to include satellites.

Look at your question about the 630. You had no idea. Bob said he was geting an HDPVR 630 receiver and you asked if it was HD. Give us a break

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Jose drives me nuts sometimes, but he's learned his business. I just moved and on Tuesday he set me up perfectly: I'm getting a signal of 89, which is higher--WAY higher--than I've ever had before. With that signal strength, rain-fade is a lot less noticeable.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:58 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Jose drives me nuts sometimes, but he's learned his business. I just moved and on Tuesday he set me up perfectly: I'm getting a signal of 89, which is higher--WAY higher--than I've ever had before. With that signal strength, rain-fade is a lot less noticeable.

You get picture outages during rain on all systems, is that correct? Except for C Band.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I never had anything but Shaw here, so I don't know. I know the better the signal and the newer the box, there is less rain outage. Since I got the 605, hardly any at all.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:08 pm

I originally hired Ajijic Elec. to install my Shaw, remove the Dish Network Equipment. Halfway thru the install, they advised I could only have 3 T.V.'s connected. Had them reconnect Dish and hired Ed, No problem...Jose installed.

I don't know the reason Ajijic Electronics refused to connect all 5 of my receivers to this day. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Two things; 1st, Jose' is THE guy to use. He know his stuff, especially with Shaw. 2nd, rain fade is rare with Shaw and occurs only when the rain clouds are very low and right on top of us. Even then we lose only the HD signal. I just switch to SD for a few minutes and all is well.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:18 pm

They won't install more than three because they are afraid of the stacking police; you can have six on one account. And we can actually get rain fade on Shaw anywhere there is a storm between the bird in the sky and us.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I thought it was 5. Yes we CAN get rain fade anytime the storm is between the bird and the dish, but it rarely happens. At least that's my experience.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:29 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, and a 500GB PVR for recording.

You may want to check with Mike before bringing the PVR.

He told me that the "variable" electrical power in the area caused them to behave erratically.

His email is "dish@prodigy.net.mx"

zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Put a voltage regulator on it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:56 pm

Remember that the standard voltage in Mexico is 127 =/- 10% Also remember that many voltage regulators are only step up, step down or do nothing voltage regulators where the voltage change is only 9 to 10% which could mean that during periods of extra high line voltage, look out. You have closer to 128, which is not good for products meant for 110 to 120 volts.

But look at the box on the power cord between the plug and the receiver, laptop, etc. Often they say, good between 100 and 240 Volts.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next