INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER

+18
twelveoaks
E-raq
Carry Bean
David
Intercasa
manymoonsago
ferret
otbdiane
sparks
hound dog
justme
slainte39
Jim W
little italy
ComputerGuy
CheenaGringo
gringal
johninajijic
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER Empty New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 am

There is a new Burger restaurant called LAKE BURGER next to Casa de Waffle in Ajijic. The sign says "Authentic Charcoal Burgers". I wish them well and hope they can make a decent thick juicy hamburger out of quality meat that doesn't exist here now.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER Empty Re: New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER

Post by gringal Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Somehow, I have a feeling that the Early Bird, 60's in Paradise, Tony's and a few others aren't really going to appreciate that post, John. Why the negativity? Nothing wrong with the meat in those places' burgers, IMO. scratch

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER Empty Re: New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:28 pm

gringal wrote:Somehow, I have a feeling that the Early Bird, 60's in Paradise, Tony's and a few others aren't really going to appreciate that post, John. Why the negativity? Nothing wrong with the meat in those places' burgers, IMO. scratch

Nothing wrong with the meat in those places? I guess we expect different things. What do you expect?

I expect a pretty thick hamburger say 3/8" to 1/2" thick, cooked as ordered, juicy and made with quality beef. Tony's was not great and Early Bird does not make those thick juicy hamburgers like he did when he owned 60's in Paradise. And the meat quality is not as good. My partner had one and didn't like it and I saw the burger. We were talking about 60's in Paradise, the new owners, I said it was good, only to get torn apart by some posters saying it wasn't good.

We make hamburgers at home 3/8" thick, cooked medium rare, juicy from Walmart's Ground Sirloin. We have tried practically everyones beef, Tony's, both kinds, Walmart's cheaper cut and La Huerta plaza carniceria (not bad). Walmart tops them all.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:09 pm

This kind of discussion has been on just about every board I've seen at one time or the other and the decision on what's "best" usually comes down to "I prefer".

Some people prefer the Costco fresh top quality ground beef. Some prefer Walmart. Some people like "juicy" and to them, it means fatty. Or it means rare, red in the middle. I don't like fatty burgers. I don't like "rare" either. But note this is strictly a matter of personal preference. YMMV

If and when you find that perfect burger to your taste at a local eatery, by all means, give them a boost and praise it. But why knock the others when they just aren't to your taste and are otherwise good, edible food?

When I want the perfect burger (for me), I prepare it myself. I prefer the fresh Costco top quality beef (I trust the processing at Costo above others). Good rolls.....never Bimbo. Top quality mayo, Dijon mustard, good ketchup and top cheeses. Works for me.

About those places mentioned: I'm no great fan of any of them. I don't like the ambiance at Early Bird. Nevermind why. 60's in Paradise doesn't quite make the grade in cost/value, but that's changing constantly, so no opinion. Tony's isn't my fave, but I can get a baked potato instead of fries and they use pretty good cheese....so points for that. And yes, if a great new burger appeared, I'd say good things about it.
In the end, though........it comes down to "what we prefer".

Last edited by gringal on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

[img]New Burger Restaurant - LAKE BURGER 0021010[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Actually, it's BURGER LAKE, and underneath it says Autentic, not authentic... that being said, and just to completely hijack John's thread, has anyone ever tried Buffalo Burger down beside Tabarka? They open late and sporadically, and must be in trouble because they are now offering 2x1 burgers and pizzas. I keep meaning to try but they are closed whenever I am near. So I walk over to Junky Monkey instead...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Actually, it's BURGER LAKE, and underneath it says Autentic, not authentic... that being said, and just to completely hijack John's thread, has anyone ever tried Buffalo Burger down beside Tabarka? They open late and sporadically, and must be in trouble because they are now offering 2x1 burgers and pizzas. I keep meaning to try but they are closed whenever I am near. So I walk over to Junky Monkey instead...

Probably a wise choice. LOL

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:36 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Actually, it's BURGER LAKE, and underneath it says Autentic, not authentic... that being said, and just to completely hijack John's thread, has anyone ever tried Buffalo Burger down beside Tabarka? They open late and sporadically, and must be in trouble because they are now offering 2x1 burgers and pizzas. I keep meaning to try but they are closed whenever I am near. So I walk over to Junky Monkey instead...

The bottom line is that there are too many restaurants in Ajijic to support the population that eats out. That is one problem. Number 2 is consistency in food quality. It is variable and lacking. Number 3 is service which I would count last. Number 4 is price which goes up every year and some people must cut back due to their budgets. Lots of factors.

There are about 100 restaurants in Ajijic, if 1/4 went out of business, it would be better for others. Our restaurant group goes to about 10 which is 10% of the 100, but there are at least 15 good restaurants, so what does that tell you.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Can't disagree that there are more restaurants than patrons here. Same thing in San Miguel de Allende. Awesome turnover. Sadly, the old saw is correct:
"If you want to make a small fortune, start with a large one and open a restaurant".

Or maybe it's just "Hope Springs Eternal".

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

If the hambuger isn't charocal bugers forget it, I don't care what kind of meat you use. My opinion.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

little italy wrote:If the hambuger isn't charocal bugers forget it, I don't care what kind of meat you use. My opinion.

Thank You Little Italy....for getting this back on thread......seems like every thread now ends up about John or his home....LMAO Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

johninajijic wrote:There is a new Burger restaurant called LAKE BURGER next to Casa de Waffle in Ajijic. The sign says "Authentic Charcoal Burgers". I wish them well and hope they can make a decent thick juicy hamburger out of quality meat that doesn't exist here now.

Not new...just a new location and name, for a previous burger place called "Tajo Burger" that was down the road west about a km. in La Canacinta.
IMO, they have "average" hamburguesas, not good, not bad...but they couldn't figure out how to get the fries out with the sandwich. Rolling Eyes
They did grill on an open fire before...don't remember if it was gas or wood.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 pm

johninajijic wrote:

We make hamburgers at home 3/8" thick, cooked medium rare, juicy from Walmart's Ground Sirloin. We have tried practically everyones beef, Tony's, both kinds, Walmart's cheaper cut and La Huerta plaza carniceria (not bad). Walmart tops them all.

In a previous post you said "out of quality meat that doesn't exist here at all"

Which is it....in your "expert" ambivalent opinion?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

slainte39 wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

In a previous post you said "out of quality meat that doesn't exist here at all"

Which is it....in your "expert" ambivalent opinion?

You're right. I even confused myself and meant that restaurants don't use quality meat.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by justme Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:33 pm

John, just for your information, I'm using the same butcher and the same meat as when I had 60's. The burger is a little bigger than it was. You just jump at the chance to bad mouth our restaurant brcause of the poster which, by the way, still brings in scores of people and gets loads of laughs. You want to be the center of attention...be careful what you wish for!
Rick
Early Bird Cafe

justme

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:43 pm

justme wrote:John, just for your information, I'm using the same butcher and the same meat as when I had 60's. The burger is a little bigger than it was. You just jump at the chance to bad mouth our restaurant brcause of the poster which, by the way, still brings in scores of people and gets loads of laughs. You want to be the center of attention...be careful what you wish for!
Rick
Early Bird Cafe

How large is the burger you put out? It would be interesting to know.

Don't worry, I'll never eat at your restaurant again. Anyone who voilates the law by allowing smoking deserves to get caught. Remember a 20,000 pesos fine. Gotta sell lots of burgers to make up for it.

If you will remember, I gave your restaurant an excellent review way back when.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 pm

slainte39 wrote:
johninajijic wrote:There is a new Burger restaurant called LAKE BURGER next to Casa de Waffle in Ajijic. The sign says "Authentic Charcoal Burgers". I wish them well and hope they can make a decent thick juicy hamburger out of quality meat that doesn't exist here now.

Not new...just a new location and name, for a previous burger place called "Tajo Burger" that was down the road west about a km. in La Canacinta.
IMO, they have "average" hamburguesas, not good, not bad...but they couldn't figure out how to get the fries out with the sandwich. Rolling Eyes

Yes, this does appear to be the same operation as Tajo Burger in La Canacinta now closed. They charbroil their burgers on charcoal and I tried one just after they opened. I stopped going to Tajo Burger because they used preformed, commercially prepared hamburger patties which I found to be of unpleasant texture (mushy) and insipid taste. The burger I had at Burger Lake was, unfortunately made with those same preformed patties which I dislike. Too bad as I would love to see great charbroiled burgers for sale here in West Ajijic. In 12 years here, I have never found a decent charbroiled hamburger at any restaurant or burger joint at Lakeside. Period.

Just today /Saturday the 6th), a new BBQ joint opened in the Plaza Montaña called something like My Sweet Sugardaddy BBQ. I stopped in before they opened and sampled some BBQ pork and a sweet, tangy BBQ sauce they offer, What I had was good but I´ll wait until I have sampled from their full menu before passing judgment. One owner says she is from South Carolina which is a good sign so I´ll definitely be back after things have settled down a bit. I believe they will be offering charbroiled burgers and if they are as good as I expect them to be, Dawg will become a fast and true fan.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

I like the thin pancake paddies very well done just like MickeyD up north. Used to live on those (10 cents a piece?) burgers in San Jose Calif back in the 1960's. I think it was Taco Time/Bell that came out with 10 cents drive thru burgers. Tiny burgers with only a sauce

I don't remember those times well

Would much prefer a thai restaurant these days
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by otbdiane Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Went to Lake Burger today and was disappointed. They are the pre-formed burgers and I asked for mine to be well done and it was not. Not good burgers and unless they change things around will not go back. They were cooking on a grill outside but could not tell what they were using for fire source, no flame...

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:31 pm

hound dog wrote:

Just today /Saturday the 6th), a new BBQ joint opened in the Plaza Montaña called something like My Sweet Sugardaddy BBQ. I stopped in before they opened and sampled some BBQ pork and a sweet, tangy BBQ sauce they offer, What I had was good but I´ll wait until I have sampled from their full menu before passing judgment. One owner says she is from South Carolina which is a good sign so I´ll definitely be back after things have settled down a bit. I believe they will be offering charbroiled burgers and if they are as good as I expect them to be, Dawg will become a fast and true fan.

For you Dawg...
http://ilovemysugardaddy.com/

They are in Mel's old location and today was their grand opening.

Last edited by ferret on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleting other quotes)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 pm

ferret wrote:
hound dog wrote:

For you Dawg...
http://ilovemysugardaddy.com/

They are in Mel's old location and today was their grand opening.

Thanks for the info and menu.

WOW!!! What a colorful and descriptive menu. I hope they will do well since there's nothing like this around here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 am

Isn't Lake Burger a re-incarnation of Tahjo Burger?
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 pm

manymoonsago wrote:Isn't Lake Burger a re-incarnation of Tahjo Burger?

Read post #12...that will answer your question.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 am

slainte39 wrote:

From what I understand, the partners at Tajo de-partnered, the partner who was the face of the business split, the other I don't know. If it's the same burgers, won't last long, IMHO.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 am

HelperGuy wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

From what I understand, the partners at Tajo de-partnered, the partner who was the face of the business split, the other I don't know. If it's the same burgers, won't last long, IMHO.

Just what we needed, another restaurant who can't make good hamburgers. Ajijic doesn't need more restaurants.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next