INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP

3 posters

Go down

POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP Empty POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP

Post by Jim W Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Juniors has been the guy I have taken both my rigs to since 2007. My F150 Super Crew roof was peeling in Sept. 2010, I paid for painting, and last month it started peeling again, took it back, and he repainted, NO CHARGE! After two years.....SHOCKED!

Good Guy!

Junior.....across from Maskeras Clinic....next to Francisco auto
765-4477
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP Empty Re: POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Jim W wrote:Juniors has been the guy I have taken both my rigs to since 2007. My F150 Super Crew roof was peeling in Sept. 2010, I paid for painting, and last month it started peeling again, took it back, and he repainted, NO CHARGE! After two years.....SHOCKED!

Good Guy!

Junior.....across from Maskeras Clinic....next to Francisco auto
765-4477

It should not have peeled if it was prepared properly, but any number of factors could enter the equation. He does have a good repitation. He did some minor electric door lock work for me.

Roberto is excellent too on the opposite end of that strip. He painted my 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer on the right side. I couldn't believe that he matched such an unusual color after 10 years of wear. Perfect.

Fernando's in West Ajijic is excellent too. Best for detailing.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP Empty Re: POST INFO ABOUT GOOD COMPANIES.......BODY SHOP

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:21 pm

John, It was a Ford defect on new pickup series....already peeled once. According to research, they dip the bodies in gawd knows what, prep for paint, and the dip station at this plant was toooooo shallow. Point I am making is, how many companies at Lakeside would step up, and repaint, after 2 years, @ no charge? Just a side note, I scratched the side of the same truck pulling into my garage last year, had it painted, picked it up, and 2 days later did it again. Took it back to Junior, and showed him I DONE IT AGAIN.......He laughed, and redid it @ NO CHARGE!

I no longer park the big rig in the garage, reserved for Escape......

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Jim W wrote:John, It was a Ford defect on new pickup series....already peeled once. According to research, they dip the bodies in gawd knows what, prep for paint, and the dip station at this plant was toooooo shallow. Point I am making is, how many companies at Lakeside would step up, and repaint, after 2 years, @ no charge? Just a side note, I scratched the side of the same truck pulling into my garage last year, had it painted, picked it up, and 2 days later did it again. Took it back to Junior, and showed him I DONE IT AGAIN.......He laughed, and redid it @ NO CHARGE!

I no longer park the big rig in the garage, reserved for Escape......

I doubt anyone would do what Junior has done for you, but it could be longevity of doing business with him. I always believed if you have a good honest contractor with reasonable prices, why change for someone who is cheaper. I proved my theory as a Condominium Manager and used the same contractors for 15 years, even though on the huge tens of thousands of $$$ jobs, I went out for 3 bids.

I use this philosophy here at my home and for Los Arroyos Sur too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

John, He goes over the top to keep clients. We were in a serious accident, my buddy and I 12/31/10. Airbags deployed....no one killed. I fought with my AXA insurance to have repair done by Junior, and pointed out that there are more foreign plated vehicles @ Lakeside than GDL....finally prevailed and repair was done @ Juniors rather than GDL....work complete in 4 days....rather than 3 weeks in GDL. We seldom drive the Super Crew, but last week, Debbie noticed certain lights on dash were not functioning(Deb was fleet manager for Ford in Portland) We took it back to Junior, and he is fixing issues @ no charge....minor problems he missed and I didn't notice!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:39 am

I am looking for a body shop that can perform substantial modifications to a VW Beetle. They need to be skilled welders and body metal fabricators not just "new part, fill and paint guys".

Suggestions????
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Bob, I would check with the detail guy next to Junky Monkey Pizza. When I needed interior work stopped and asked him where to take It, and he was quite helpful. I don't know what Junior is capable of, but it never hurts to ask him as well. Both speak fluent English.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 pm

I will check with both of them.

Gracias.

BTW.....did the interior guy you find do complete car seat upholstery and such? I want to get the seats and door panels done in seamless water proof vinyl similar to what you would find in a marine application.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:10 pm

I'll check tomorrow....I forgot to get his card. I found one place next to Multi Va and another in Chapala that do auto's. Guy next to Multi Va quoted 1000 pesos to redo the leather drivers seat......what a deal.

I'll post both addresses and telephone #.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Yes, I have seen the shop next to Multiva and was wondering about them.

Gracias
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:00 am

Bob, Here's the other one:

Tapiceria Pinocho
Alvaro Obregon #49
Chapala
765-3503
331-027-0222
Arturo Torres.....English Spoken

Arturo has done work for us.....does good work.

Try to do the body, ALA CARTE, vs having body shop take care of interior. Junior said he would pull the seat, and have it done....for 2500 pesos....I opted to take vehicle over myself......for 1000 pesos....this Mexico...LOL!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am

Yes, I will take the interior apart myself and just take the pieces in that I want done.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Bob, made an error, the shop next to Multiva, is 1000 pesos to redo leather seat on F150, in 2-3 days! Arturo in Chapala, is very busy, and has done work for us, will charge 750 pesos for the same work, with his back log....2 weeks. Good news included in the price, he will come to our home remove the seat...not back, and have it ready when we return from Arizona, return and install! Just an FYI

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down