INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DR. HARO PAYMENT

+3
K2tog
johninajijic
Jim W
7 posters

Go down

DR. HARO  PAYMENT Empty DR. HARO PAYMENT

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Dr. Haro is generally considered one of the best, if not the best Dentist at Lakeside. Yesterday, I had ORAL surgery (sorry Octagon friends...Labatomy was off the table.....LMAO) They quoted $400.00 USD or 5250 pesos. Since their conversion was out of wack, I asked what forms of payment are accepted?

1. Check in USD
2. USD
3. American Express
4. VISA/MC but you must leave your card so they can run it in GDL.....same with debit.
5. Pesos

There is an issue with Canadian checks written on US banks.....apparently the float.

Just an FYI
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

DR. HARO  PAYMENT Empty Re: DR. HARO PAYMENT

Post by johninajijic Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Jim W wrote:Dr. Haro is generally considered one of the best, if not the best Dentist at Lakeside. Yesterday, I had ORAL surgery (sorry Octagon friends...Labatomy was off the table.....LMAO) They quoted $400.00 USD or 5250 pesos. Since their conversion was out of wack, I asked what forms of payment are accepted?

1. Check in USD
2. USD
3. American Express
4. VISA/MC but you must leave your card so they can run it in GDL.....same with debit.
5. Pesos

There is an issue with Canadian checks written on US banks.....apparently the float.

Just an FYI

Waaaay out of whack. My pertner had a tooth removed by an oral surgeon who came in from GDL last year. I believe it was 5,000 pesos. It could have been done at ANY other Lakeside Dentist, but we wanted the best from supposedly the best. Dr. Eloy Barragan is Dr. Haro's equal in Chapala. Dr. Haro's nickname is "Dr. Cash" someone told me.

Prices for Dental work from different Dentists at Lakeside are all over the place. From what I've read Dental Express seems to be one of the cheapest especially for cleanings. Dr. Don charged me 400 pesos for a cleaning last time and I know Dr, Haro is 500 pesos. Crown prices run from 3,500 pesos to 6,000 pesos. WOW!!!

JimW - You don't need a Labotomy, but I'm sure we could agree on several forum members who need one. ROTFLMAO
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:47 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Jim W wrote:Dr. Haro is generally considered one of the best, if not the best Dentist at Lakeside. Yesterday, I had ORAL surgery (sorry Octagon friends...Labatomy was off the table.....LMAO) They quoted $400.00 USD or 5250 pesos. Since their conversion was out of wack, I asked what forms of payment are accepted?

1. Check in USD
2. USD
3. American Express
5. Pesos

Just an FYI

John, I had a bone graft to save a molar, they guranteed it would last til I reached puberty, or your age, whichever came first....ROLMAO

Jim W

Thanks John, I had a bone graft, to save a molar. The proceedure requires stripping the roots, plus GAWD knows what, stitches, etc., They guaranteed it would last until I reached the age of puberty, or your age....whichever comes first....ROLMAO

Jim W

Waaaay out of whack. My pertner had a tooth removed by an oral surgeon who came in from GDL last year. I believe it was 5,000 pesos. It could have been done at ANY other Lakeside Dentist, but we wanted the best from supposedly the best. Dr. Eloy Barragan is Dr. Haro's equal in Chapala. Dr. Haro's nickname is "Dr. Cash" someone told me.

Prices for Dental work from different Dentists at Lakeside are all over the place. From what I've read Dental Express seems to be one of the cheapest especially for cleanings. Dr. Don charged me 400 pesos for a cleaning last time and I know Dr, Haro is 500 pesos. Crown prices run from 3,500 pesos to 6,000 pesos. WOW!!!

JimW - You don't need a Labotomy, but I'm sure we could agree on several forum members who need one. ROTFLMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks John, I had a Bone graft to save a molar, and they guranteed it would last til I reached puberty, or til I reached your age....ROLMA....BTW ...Played golf with Dr. Haro, when I told him I knew you....He picked up the tab!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by K2tog Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Jim W wrote:Thanks John, I had a Bone graft to save a molar, and they guranteed it would last til I reached puberty, or til I reached your age....ROLMA....BTW ...Played golf with Dr. Haro, when I told him I knew you....He picked up the tab!

Now this is hilarious!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
K2tog
K2tog

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Dr. Eloy Barragan is Dr. Haro's equal in Chapala. Dr. Haro's nickname is "Dr. Cash" someone told me.

Equal? Please don't insult my dentist...Dr. Barragan. He's da man. LOL

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 pm

gringal wrote:
Dr. Eloy Barragan is Dr. Haro's equal in Chapala. Dr. Haro's nickname is "Dr. Cash" someone told me.

Equal? Please don't insult my dentist...Dr. Barragan. He's da man. LOL

I guess you're kidding, but why wouldn't you think Dr. Barragan to be Haro's equal. Most people would agree Dr. Haro is the best, but again it's opinion. I haven't been to Barragan and have limited experience with Haro.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Okay......I'll spell it out: I find Dr.Barragan to be superior to Dr. Haro. Okay?
And: He does the equivalent of an advanced cleaning for the price of the "ordinary" kind, and he does the work himself. But, people should pick their favorite and be happy. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

gringal wrote:Okay......I'll spell it out: I find Dr.Barragan to be superior to Dr. Haro. Okay?
And: He does the equivalent of an advanced cleaning for the price of the "ordinary" kind, and he does the work himself. But, people should pick their favorite and be happy. Very Happy

Gringal, I agree.....there are two things I will never shop price on.... a dentist I am happy with......or a Beer Undertaker/Mortuary! Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Jim W:

You might have used the same principles for the "frontal lobotomy":
[img]DR. HARO  PAYMENT Loboto10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:53 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim W:

You might have used the same principles for the "frontal lobotomy":
[img]DR. HARO  PAYMENT Loboto10[/img]

CG.....A do it yourself frontal....NADA Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:45 am

I have been to both Dr. Barragan and Dr. Haro both a lot over 15 years. I would say if you can get in to see Haro they are equally good. But price wise Dr. Barragan is much cheaper - x ray and abcessed tooth extraction a year ago for 400 pesos including a follow up appointment. And like the poster said above Barragan does the cleaning and oral exam himself.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 am

simpsca wrote:I have been to both Dr. Barragan and Dr. Haro both a lot over 15 years. I would say if you can get in to see Haro they are equally good. But price wise Dr. Barragan is much cheaper - x ray and abcessed tooth extraction a year ago for 400 pesos including a follow up appointment. And like the poster said above Barragan does the cleaning and oral exam himself.

It doesn't matter who does the cleaning. The girls are trained in Guadalajara Dental Schools. There is a new law out that is strictly enforcing cleanliness in the Dentists offices as well as making sure all Dental Technicians are certified.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:16 am

johninajijic wrote:
simpsca wrote:I have been to both Dr. Barragan and Dr. Haro both a lot over 15 years. I would say if you can get in to see Haro they are equally good. But price wise Dr. Barragan is much cheaper - x ray and abcessed tooth extraction a year ago for 400 pesos including a follow up appointment. And like the poster said above Barragan does the cleaning and oral exam himself.

It doesn't matter who does the cleaning. The girls are trained in Guadalajara Dental Schools. There is a new law out that is strictly enforcing cleanliness in the Dentists offices as well as making sure all Dental Technicians are certified.

Jeebus H. The girls, as you put it are fully trained and licensed dentists. Dental technicians work in dental laboratories. Had it ever occurred to you that one of the "girls" as you put it may actually be as competent as let's say Dr. Haro himself? Dental assistants work in dental offices, I doubt that they are certified here.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 am

Wrong terminology. The girls working in Dentists offices must NOW be certified. Clear! I'm not talking about any one particular Dentist office.

So clarify for me, are the girls who work in Dentist offices, Dentists or Technicians?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 am

johninajijic wrote:Wrong terminology. The girls working in Dentists offices must NOW be certified. Clear! I'm not talking about any one particular Dentist office.

So clarify for me, are the girls who work in Dentist offices, Dentists or Technicians?

Some of the girls working in dental offices are assistants and some are receptionists. The women who work in your mouth are licensed, not certified.

Technicians work in dental laboratories and make dentures, crowns or other prosthetic devices. There is no requirement here or NOB for a receptionist to be certified, however there have been moves in past years to certify any assistant who takes x-rays. Frequently here receptionists do double duty as assistants.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 am

At Dr. Haro's office I know at least one is a dentist.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down