INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puritan Poultry

+5
hockables
viajero
hound dog
Luisa
David
9 posters

Go down

Puritan Poultry Empty Puritan Poultry

Post by David Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 am

Does anyone know Jose's hours?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Puritan Poultry Empty Re: Puritan Poultry

Post by Luisa Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 am

He closes at 5:00 in the afternoon, but sometimes the door will be open for a few minutes after that. I don't know when he opens in the morning.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 pm

David wrote:Does anyone know Jose's hours?

Are we living in a time warp? While in Ajijic, (about six months out of the year), I order from Joe and his helpers over and over again and pick up pre-prepared chicken - some boned and some whole, some skinned and some with skin, chicken the subject of which was popular in song in the 1930s such as, "They ain´t nobody here but s chickens, They ain´t nobody here at all,." and Joe has large chickens and small chickens and some white and some yellow and all tasty enough and this chicken purveyor is open from sometime in the early morning hours around 7:00AM to the evening hours around six PM and if you can´t find them you couldn´t find your own pínky in a finger sucking contest.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 pm

hound dog wrote:
David wrote:Does anyone know Jose's hours?

Are we living in a time warp? While in Ajijic, (about six months out of the year), I order from Joe and his helpers over and over again and pick up pre-prepared chicken - some boned and some whole, some skinned and some with skin, chicken the subject of which was popular in song in the 1930s such as, "They ain´t nobody here but s chickens, They ain´t nobody here at all,." and Joe has large chickens and small chickens and some white and some yellow and all tasty enough and this chicken purveyor is open from sometime in the early morning hours around 7:00AM to the evening hours around six PM and if you can´t find them you couldn´t find your own pínky in a finger sucking contest.
In other words they're open from 7AM to 6PM.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Muy bien, gracias.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 am

I drive by Puritan Poultry at approximately 5:00 four days a week. He is normally closed by 5:05. He is normally still open at 4:55. David, don't try him at 6. Everyone else, go ahead.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 am

Luisa wrote:I drive by Puritan Poultry at approximately 5:00 four days a week. He is normally closed by 5:05. He is normally still open at 4:55. David, don't try him at 6. Everyone else, go ahead.

Since Dawg is not anal retentive, I can´t tell you if Chicken Joe closes at 5:04:56 or stays open until 5:05 nor do I ever check my watch when driving by there since I don´t even own a watch but I can tell you that when I first started shopping there in 2001, his joint was the only place in that vicinity to get some fresh chicken whereas now, if Joe is closed, head on over to WalMart which is open later and you can not only get some chicken but a liter of tequila with which to wash it down. HIC¡
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 am

U gotta love WalMart
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am

I hear time and again about Puritain Poultry chicken and how good it is. It's also the most expensive. I'll bet in a blind taste test you can't tell the difference between Puritain, Walmart or Tony's. We buy all our chicken at Walmart, unless they're out, we go to Tony's.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

[quote="hockables"]U gotta love WalMart[/quote]

Why not, for practical reasons, love WalMart? When we arrived here in 2001, there was not even one superstore and we had to drive to Guadalajara to shop in one, whether WalMart, Costco or any other mega-store. The Chapala area had virtually no decent shopping and most merchants sold spoiled and rotting produce and meat and poultry of dubious quality. If you failed to arrive at one of the sorry local restaurants by 8:00PM you were sh*t out of luck and even if they were still open, the food was unmemorable to say the least and there was no OXXO or 7/11 open 24 hours to get a sandwich or snack or even a cold beer. You could shoot a cannon down the carretera and never hit a soul except,perhaps, a thief carrying his loot The restaurants were almost universally dreadful. Even the famous Super Lake featured rotting vegetables and fruit and not even remotely the inventory you see today. You couldn´t even get a decent tamal here. Who do you think you are kidding? This was atrue craphole of little note catering to poor Americans and Canadians who could not afford even Hattiesburg, Mississippi or Windsor, Ontario. We came here because we couldn´t afford Pass Christian, Mississippi and thank god for that since that was before Katrina blew that place to hell.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="hockables"]U gotta love WalMart

Why not, for practical reasons, love WalMart? When we arrived here in 2001, there was not even one superstore and we had to drive to Guadalajara to shop in one, whether WalMart, Costco or any other mega-store. The Chapala area had virtually no decent shopping and most merchants sold spoiled and rotting produce and meat and poultry of dubious quality. If you failed to arrive at one of the sorry local restaurants by 8:00PM you were sh*t out of luck and even if they were still open, the food was unmemorable to say the least and there was no OXXO or 7/11 open 24 hours to get a sandwich or snack or even a cold beer. You could shoot a cannon down the carretera and never hit a soul except,perhaps, a thief carrying his loot The restaurants were almost universally dreadful. Even the famous Super Lake featured rotting vegetables and fruit and not even remotely the inventory you see today. You couldn´t even get a decent tamal here. Who do you think you are kidding? This was atrue craphole of little note catering to poor Americans and Canadians who could not afford even Hattiesburg, Mississippi or Windsor, Ontario. We came here because we couldn´t afford Pass Christian, Mississippi and thank god for that since that was before Katrina blew that place to hell. [/quote]

Actually.... I wasn't kidding.... I'm in WalMart all the time...
We buy LCD TVs, some groceries, booze...every single time my ritual is to stop and get a cappichino calliente.
Last time, by the way, I ran into The Red Cross Fella... gave him my 200 peso donation and 100 pesos for Viajero

razberry
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 am

hockables wrote:

Why not, for practical reasons, love WalMart? When we arrived here in 2001, there was not even one superstore and we had to drive to Guadalajara to shop in one, whether WalMart, Costco or any other mega-store. The Chapala area had virtually no decent shopping and most merchants sold spoiled and rotting produce and meat and poultry of dubious quality. If you failed to arrive at one of the sorry local restaurants by 8:00PM you were sh*t out of luck and even if they were still open, the food was unmemorable to say the least and there was no OXXO or 7/11 open 24 hours to get a sandwich or snack or even a cold beer. You could shoot a cannon down the carretera and never hit a soul except,perhaps, a thief carrying his loot The restaurants were almost universally dreadful. Even the famous Super Lake featured rotting vegetables and fruit and not even remotely the inventory you see today. You couldn´t even get a decent tamal here. Who do you think you are kidding? This was atrue craphole of little note catering to poor Americans and Canadians who could not afford even Hattiesburg, Mississippi or Windsor, Ontario. We came here because we couldn´t afford Pass Christian, Mississippi and thank god for that since that was before Katrina blew that place to hell.

Actually.... I wasn't kidding.... I'm in WalMart all the time...
We buy LCD TVs, some groceries, booze...every single time my ritual is to stop and get a cappichino calliente.
Last time, by the way, I ran into The Red Cross Fella... gave him my 200 peso donation and 100 pesos for Viajero

razberry [/quote]

Oh yeah Hocks, I hate the store but you can't beat 'em for T.V.'s., and some groceries. Plus I have been loading up the cart with super cheap Christmas decorations.

Booze is cheaper at Bodega Aurrera in Jocotepec.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Why not, for practical reasons, love WalMart? When we arrived here in 2001, there was not even one superstore and we had to drive to Guadalajara to shop in one, whether WalMart, Costco or any other mega-store. The Chapala area had virtually no decent shopping and most merchants sold spoiled and rotting produce and meat and poultry of dubious quality. If you failed to arrive at one of the sorry local restaurants by 8:00PM you were sh*t out of luck and even if they were still open, the food was unmemorable to say the least and there was no OXXO or 7/11 open 24 hours to get a sandwich or snack or even a cold beer. You could shoot a cannon down the carretera and never hit a soul except,perhaps, a thief carrying his loot The restaurants were almost universally dreadful. Even the famous Super Lake featured rotting vegetables and fruit and not even remotely the inventory you see today. You couldn´t even get a decent tamal here. Who do you think you are kidding? This was atrue craphole of little note catering to poor Americans and Canadians who could not afford even Hattiesburg, Mississippi or Windsor, Ontario. We came here because we couldn´t afford Pass Christian, Mississippi and thank god for that since that was before Katrina blew that place to hell. [/quote]
And this was a bad thing why, exactly?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 pm

hockables wrote:

Gracias Hocks!
I figured you were a man of your word.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Just stopped by Puritan Poultry in Riberas and got the 'official' hours of operation: Monday - Friday 9:00 a..m. to 5:00 p.m.. Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. Closed Sunday. Phone: 765-4399
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down