INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Cat food in Mexico

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cat food in Mexico

Post by Zedinmexico on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Both of my previous cats were killed by the Chinese protein scandal a couple of years ago.
I see Whiskas and Purina down here. Any decent mexican made cat food or should I make
my own?? It broke my heart to lose two cats at five and six years old and I am still upset
so it makes me worry about food. I had never lost a cat in my whole life before 12 or so.
No doubt they killed my cats even my Vet agreed. I won't name the brand but I don't ever
see it down here so no worry.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Re: Cat food in Mexico

Post by joec on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm

I went to Google and typed in Best cat food. It brought up several sites with ratings explaining differences.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Both of my previous cats were killed by the Chinese protein scandal a couple of years ago.
I see Whiskas and Purina down here. Any decent mexican made cat food or should I make
my own?? It broke my heart to lose two cats at five and six years old and I am still upset
so it makes me worry about food. I had never lost a cat in my whole life before 12 or so.
No doubt they killed my cats even my Vet agreed. I won't name the brand but I don't ever
see it down here so no worry.

Z

I am so sorry of your loss. I have had my cats going on 15.5 years next month. (litter mates) I lost one a week ago. They have always been on special diets as they have problems since we picked them up from a shelter in Calif. I can not remember what they were on in the states. They have been on Royal Canin Renal LP for aobut 5 years. Perhaps your vet could recommend a food and would think it best, as they should know all the "bad" stuff out there.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 pm

We have a diabetic kitty and used to feed her a low-carb food from Science Diet in the US. When we moved here, we asked the vet next to the animal shelter what would be a good substitute since that wasn't available here, and they recommended Royal Canin Diabetic. We feed that plus a small amount of canned food twice a day (since we have to insure she's eaten when we give the insulin injection). Both 15-year old cats - the diabetic one and "regular" - seem to be thriving on it.

If you want to make your own, I'd highly recommend this website with excellent info on necessary additives required by felines. It has detailed info on how to make your own cat food from chicken or rabbit: http://www.catinfo.org/

Heather
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 pm

I lost my 18.5 year old a few months ago. I was feeding her Diamond Indoor Cat Adult. No health issues other than old age. It was the one food I found that didn't have corn as an ingredient. We were adopted by a neighborhood stray and she seems to do well on Diamond Indoor as well.
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Flamingo wrote:I lost my 18.5 year old a few months ago. I was feeding her Diamond Indoor Cat Adult. No health issues other than old age. It was the one food I found that didn't have corn as an ingredient. We were adopted by a neighborhood stray and she seems to do well on Diamond Indoor as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. She had a good long life. I'm happy to see that you were feeding her a good cat food WITHOUT corn. So many people don't know the difference between dog and cat foods and what's in them. They should always have meat in them or fish for cats, NOT GRAIN as the main ingredient. Don't buy PEDIGREE or PURINA or most store brands. It's total crap. You can look up best cat foods and best dog foods on the internet.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 pm

There's a lot of info at the website I listed regarding ingredients in commercial canned cat foods... what to look for, watch out for, etc. Almost enough to make you paranoid about feeding your feline! However, it can help point people toward the better products if you're concerned: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=cannedfoods

hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top