INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important insurance info if you have Qualitas

+4
joec
DonPito
ComputerGuy
Intercasa
8 posters

Go down

Important insurance info if you have Qualitas Empty Important insurance info if you have Qualitas

Post by Intercasa Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

So I was called to assist at an accident scene this morning and had to negotiate with an impatient transito and a foreigner who had hit the car of some Mexicans. The foreigner had a car with South Dakota plates and an insurance policy that covered her foreign plated car although she did not have the policy with her.

I called her agent, got her policy information and the claims number, called the claims number and gave them her info, policy info and car info. An hour later the adjuster shows up and say he needs the original policy. we went round and round to not have the car towed as the adjustor would not guarantee coverage and was requiring the client ask the insurance company for another original policy even though he could easily check that the policy was paid and even though a few blocks from the accident scene was a Qualitas insurance office.

Moral of the story, keep the original of the insurance policy in your vehicle if your insurer is Qualitas and if you cannot fine the original then ask the company to issue you another original. They wouldn´t accept a scanned copy either! We were able to negotiate with all parties but had things been more serious somebody could have gone to jail and had their car towed all due to the ridiculous insistence on having an original policy in the car!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Important insurance info if you have Qualitas Empty Re: Important insurance info if you have Qualitas

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Not such good news for those of us who buy our policies online and only have printouts...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Important insurance info if you have Qualitas Empty Re: Important insurance info if you have Qualitas

Post by DonPito Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Just seems like common sense to carry the original insurance policy in your car.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

DonPito wrote:Just seems like common sense to carry the original insurance policy in your car.
Back home I get a little pink wallet card so I don't have to carry the policy around. These are as good to the police as the original. And that's exactly why: in case you get robbed or your car goes up in flames, and you carry it on you, not in the glove box.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 pm

What I get from this story is that, don't do business with Qualitas Insurance company because they have lazy insurance adjusters who can't be bothered helping out "their insured" by making a simple phone call. I have NEVER been told by ANY insurance agent here to carry an original insurance policy in my car in all my 11 years here.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Many policies are obtained online and you print from home. Just print two copies and keep one at home as the policy states generally at the signature line the name of the agent and insured 'per web'.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 pm

I just disseminate info as I encounter it in the real world, many times it doesn´t make sense but now you all have been warned and can be prepared to hopefully avoid issues.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks, Spencer!
I use L and L and they are Qualitas. I buy online and they send me a copy of the policy by email immediately. In about 2 weeks the policy arrives at my PO Box. It is multiple pages and you can easily tear one of the perforated pages out and carry it on your person.
Thanks again, Spencer.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shirley Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 pm

We use Parker Ins and pay $3,000 pesos for liability only - 2008 Accord, Jalisco plates. CBob and JimW When you say full coverage, that includes collision, theft, comprehensive, uninsured motorists? What companies are you using? Send PM if preferable please....
shirley
shirley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 pm

shirley wrote:We use Parker Ins and pay $3,000 pesos for liability only - 2008 Accord, Jalisco plates. CBob and JimW When you say full coverage, that includes collision, theft, comprehensive, uninsured motorists? What companies are you using? Send PM if preferable please....

Shirley, I am using MAPFRE, through San Xavier Mexico Ins., My premium on a 2011 Ford Escape was $277.50 for the vehicle valued @ $17,000 USD, Full coverage This is for a foreign plated vehicle. Mine includes legal aid and travel assistance.

CBob's is Mexican plated.

Let me know if you need more info
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Jim W wrote:
shirley wrote:We use Parker Ins and pay $3,000 pesos for liability only - 2008 Accord, Jalisco plates. CBob and JimW When you say full coverage, that includes collision, theft, comprehensive, uninsured motorists? What companies are you using? Send PM if preferable please....

Shirley, I am using MAPFRE, through San Xavier Mexico Ins., My premium on a 2011 Ford Escape was $277.50 for the vehicle valued @ $17,000 USD, Full coverage This is for a foreign plated vehicle. Mine includes legal aid and travel assistance.

CBob's is Mexican plated.

Let me know if you need more info

Excellent price! My 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer is valued as of last year at $ 5,000 US. My full insurance with Parker is $ 250. Maybe I better switch to Mapfre whom I have for the House.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down