INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by CanuckBob on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm

I have never heard that before. Do you have a source?

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 14581
Join date : 2010-04-04

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by cypress on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I have never heard that before. Do you have a source?
Yes

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by ferret on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Then give us the source cypress. I have now renewed my Canadian passport with the Embassy in Mexico City FOUR times.
avatar
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4405
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by cypress on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 am

My source was the Canadian Government passport renewal website. It stood out in my mind as I thought that is going to be a darn nuisance when I need to renew again in 2023.
If you read my post I said at that time. If it isn't there now I would say it has probably changed.
That will be a great relief if I can do the renewal from outside Canada again. I will wait until 2023 and see what the rules are then.


Last edited by cypress on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by suegarn on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:15 pm

cypress wrote:My source was the Canadian Government passport renewal website. It stood out in my mind as I thought that is going to be a darn nuisance when I need to renew again in 2023.
If you read my post I said at that time. If it isn't there now I would say it has probably changed.
That will be a great relief if I can do the renewal from outside Canada again. I will wait until 2023 and see what the rules are then.

Please post a link to the page where it says that. I've checked the government passport renewal site, and I don't see that anywhere!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 661
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by cypress on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 pm

suegarn wrote:
cypress wrote:My source was the Canadian Government passport renewal website. It stood out in my mind as I thought that is going to be a darn nuisance when I need to renew again in 2023.
If you read my post I said at that time. If it isn't there now I would say it has probably changed.
That will be a great relief if I can do the renewal from outside Canada again. I will wait until 2023 and see what the rules are then.

Please post a link to the page where it says that.  I've checked the government passport renewal site, and I don't see that anywhere!

If you read my posts you will see that is what the website said in 2013 when I renewed. I have no idea what it says now.


Last edited by cypress on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by HelperGuy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 am

That is incorrect. All Canadians in Mexico are required to renew through the Mexican Embassy, regardless. I've done it twice for five years, and once for the newer ten-year option.

HelperGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1915
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by CanuckBob on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Good to know. Going back to Canada to do it next time would have been a PIA.

_________________
Vacation Rentals
www.casadecomo.webs.com
avatar
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 14581
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 55
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Renewing you Canadian Passport from Abroad

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum