Telmex Internet Speed

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Telmex Internet Speed

Post by MexicoPete on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Telmex Infinitum has three packages and perhaps 2 years ago they promised to upgrade their speeds. I have the middle ($599) package. They promised a while back to raise the package speed from up to 2 megs down by, I think, up to 0.384 megs up and I was regularly getting about 85% thereof. For more than 18 months they have been bragging that for the same price we would get up to 5 megs down by and I'm guessing here, 0.768 megs down. Well last May the finally upgraded me to on the average of what is shown below:

and when I went into the modem, I would see downloads speeds entered of 6.016 on another day 6.017 and today at about 5.9 megs. It's like they go in and change the speeds every day. And they're not at the promised up to speed of 5 but higher ensuring that I get the 5Mb's down.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who is getting about what was promised, something that has never happened to me before last May. Oh I live maybe 1.2 Km from the Telmex office where I guess and it's only a guess my DSLAM card is.

Would others like to share their speed test results?

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Re: Telmex Internet Speed

Post by MexicoPete on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:52 pm

To see the three packages offered by Telmex go to the below link.

packages

EDIT: Today when I entered my Modem I saw up/down set at 761/5.987
Weird.

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 am

MexicoPete wrote:Telmex Infinitum has three packages and perhaps 2 years ago they promised to upgrade their speeds. I have the middle ($599) package. They promised a while back to raise the package speed from up to 2 megs down by, I think, up to 0.384 megs up and I was regularly getting about 85% thereof. For more than 18 months they have been bragging that for the same price we would get up to 5 megs down by and I'm guessing here, 0.768 megs down. Well last May the finally upgraded me to on the average of what is shown below:

and when I went into the modem, I would see downloads speeds entered of 6.016 on another day 6.017 and today at about 5.9 megs. It's like they go in and change the speeds every day. And they're not at the promised up to speed of 5 but higher ensuring that I get the 5Mb's down.

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who is getting about what was promised, something that has never happened to me before last May. Oh I live maybe 1.2 Km from the Telmex office where I guess and it's only a guess my DSLAM card is.

5.05 and .62 with Telmex medium bundle. I get what I pay for and it never goes down in the rain ever. I won't ever touch it or try to upgrade.
Been this way for 1.5 yrs. This is at my house next to Ajijic plaza.

New Line at LCS 5.10 and .65. Old Line at LCS 3.00 and .30. Both lines are suppose to be 5 down package. We upgraded wifi to allow for all the
palmtops/tablets/laptops using skype and such. Slow line is on one of the slow Telmex boxes and we don't expect it to be fixed until .......well
we don't expect it to be fixed and we tried even had Telmex guys down. They obviously have a shortage of equipment and have to crank down
some folks to keep everyone going in certain neighborhoods lakeside.

Z

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added LCS info)

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor: Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 am

Jajaja........this in Los Arroyo Sur with the $999 package. I guess it's time to downgrade.

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor: Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:06 am

[img][/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor: If I have to tell, then I don't have the knack!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am

Nice Neil, and it still says you are slower than 58% of the US.

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:27 am

So am I! So I guess it fits?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor: If I have to tell, then I don't have the knack!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 am

Although maybe they meant your Internet speed......jajajaja.

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:42 am

Internet is included in my rent so I assume that I have the least expensive Infinitum package. All in all then, I can't complain about the speed but I sure do miss the 18 MB down speed I used to get from Rogers Cable.

Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HelperGuy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:51 am

CanuckBob wrote:Jajaja........this in Los Arroyo Sur with the $999 package. I guess it's time to downgrade.
I have a couple of customers in your 'hood; one is getting lousy service, too, (.75 down) but paying for the lowest level. The other seems to be fine. One mentioned they are upgrading the infrastructure there to fibre... ?

One tactic is to talk to TelMex in Mexico City (01-800-123-2222) and ask them to drop your rate without changing your speed, since you are only getting the speed of the lowest package. This has worked for a couple of folks, including me last year.

HelperGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:24 am

I am actually moving out of here and into the village shortly so I am not really worried about it at this point.

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 am

CanuckBob wrote:I am actually moving out of here and into the village shortly so I am not really worried about it at this point.
AAAh crap there goes the village...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am

MexicoPete wrote:

I don't think they are going in and changing your speed. I would tend to think it was changes in the cable feeding your house. Especially seeing how the plant looks down there. Heat, gauge of wire, resistance, distance, bridgtap are all factors in DSL speed. Any time one of them changes, you will see a change in you speed. Also I don't think their package if for 5mb bi-directional. Most phone companies don't offer their DSL this way. Some do have packages for businesses looking to have allot of uploaded content but they are pricey. One more thing, If Telmex is any thing like the phone companies in the states, their product is for "up too" not "at least". So if you pay for 5mb down, than you can expect to receive up too 5mb...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 am

[url=

So there you have it. My internet speed in the village with the $599 package is twice as fast as what we had in West Ajijic with the $999 package

CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am

Tictoc posted: "I don't think they are going in and changing your speed."

In my case that is what they did. When it was time to increase my $599 package speed to two. some years ago, one day the settings were set to about 2048 down by 384 up. They then promised to increase our speeds to up to (hasta) 5 megs down by something up. I went in and asked them to increase my speed, they knew me, and told me they couldn't raise everyone's speed, because they did not have sufficient bandwidth. But said that they would put me on a waiting list and upgrade me ASAP.

A person across the street who has the same infrastructure as I is still getting 2 meg and was told the faster speeds were not available in our area; yet once my settings were changed, I am getting the speed promised. Some others in the computer club in various parts of the village also had settings changed to the same settings. But most did not. So far only a small % here lakeside are getting the promised "up-to speeds.

Yet there are people closer to the DSLAM card on the same lines as I who have been told that they have to stay at 2 for various reasons, to include they are too far away etc.

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top