INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Empty Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec

Post by Axixic Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 am

Two Mexican friends took me to Jocotepec for Pajarete Sunday Morning - it was a real treat.

I wasn't aware of this treat or that it is available every Sunday in Joco (my hosts paid and I didn't ask the price but I don't imagine it is much).

For those unaware (as I was) Pajarete is a drink combining coffee or chocolate with tequila (they used that 'moonshine' tequila you get in unlabelled plastic bottles) with milk straight from the cow. No heating; the temperature of the milk warms up the concoction. We arrived shortly before 9:00 AM and the gathering was already in full swing.

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Img_0011

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Img_0012

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Img_0013

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Img_0014

The location is beside the church at Matamoros Sur and Donato Guerra in Jocotepec and apparently this happens every Sunday morning. Pretty good sized crowd around for it but I didn't see any other gringos there.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Empty Re: Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 am

Pajaretes are fun. Breakfast of Champions! That place looks almost fancy. There are other locations where they can be had closer to Axixic and Chapala. Hell, probably anywhere with a cow and a bathtub still.

Salud!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec Empty Re: Sunday Morning Pajarete in Jocotepec

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Great post, Axixic! What fun.

To get to the Joco Pajarete, drive to Joco and turn L at the first light. Go to Cuba Restaurant/Vicente Guerrero and make a R. Go a few short blocks then L on Matamoros Sur/the back road to Roca Azul. Ignore the north pointing arrow on the building. End of block on the L.

You can also get a Pajarete in SAT early in the mornings from the cows across from Coca Cola and next to the bus stop.

Salud indeed!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:35 pm

We got one on the way to the pyramids, for a tour on Thanksgiving (US) day. That would have been a Thursday. Don't know if they're open every Thursday, or if it just had to do with our tour coming through? This was at a little stand west of Joco, on hwy 15 heading north on the way to Guad.
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down