INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls.

+2
gringal
Zedinmexico
6 posters

Go down

New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls. Empty New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls.

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

Looks like a new burger joint opening up sometime across from Diane Pearls at the old two spoons location. New painted over sign on building says gourmet burgers.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls. Empty Re: New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls.

Post by gringal Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:28 am

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
scratch

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls. Empty Re: New Ajijic resturant coming across from Diane Pearls.

Post by joec Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Looks like a new burger joint opening up sometime across from Diane Pearls at the old two spoons location. New painted over sign on building says gourmet burgers.

Z

Just what Ajijic doesn't need another Burger restaurant who have no idea of what and how to cook burgers, along with these other restaurants who serve inedible burgers. Save your money, stay home and make 'em yourself.

Personally, I think Burger King should locate in Centro del Lago Plaza, along with Pizza Hut. Dawg would be at BK every night.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:29 am

I don´t think so..lunch maybe but dinner no way.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:43 am

John writes:

Personally, I think Burger King should locate in Centro del Lago Plaza, along with Pizza Hut. Dawg would be at BK every night.[/quote]

Well, not every day. I still say the best Burger King in Mexico is on the Andador just off the Plaza Principal in the historic center of San Cristóbal de Las Casas across from the Revolución Bar whose patron saints are the Buena Vista Social Club out of Havana and Che Guevara. One can buy one´s Cheese Whopper - the essence of pure capitalism - and enjoy it with a Havana Club Mojito al fresco at the Revolución while enjoying authentic Cuban music and pretending to be Papa Hemingway.

Let´s give this new burger joint a chance, John. Especially if they flame broil their burgers rather than fry them on a grill (Yuck!). I have given this recipe before but this is an opportune time to repeat the famous gourmet Armenian burger out of the (presumably) now defunct Rustigan´s Armenian Restaurant in Fresno, the gourmet capital of the California Central Valley. There are lots of Armenians in the greater Fresno area.

RUSTIGAN´S ARMENIAN BURGER
Top quality ground lamb
Lots of finely chopped garlic and parsley
Purple onions thickly sliced
Buttered, Toasted hamburger buns
S&P to taste

Mix the chopped garlic and parsley into the ground lamb meat. Charbroil over charcoal at a high temperature so that the lamb meat is seared on the outside and still red on the inside. In other words, rare or, if you insist, medium rare but still pinkish and juicy inside. Toast the hamburger buns with butter and serve with the red onions while still piping hot. Salt and pepper the burger patty to taste.

Serve with an Armenian or Greek style salad with oil and vinegar on the side and a bottle of fine red wine.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 am

Man some of you are tough. They have not even opened LOL. Hey it could be
good if they do a twice cooked Belgium fry for example. A nice clean well done
onion ring. Proper bun with just enough fat (mayo will work) to keep the bun
from getting soggy. Also toast the bun right helps the soggy issue and gives a
better holding ground for toppings. A couple of soups would be nice. Leon and
tecate on tap. A few Minerva microbrews for the folks who appreciate ale. A
nice house margarita.... It could work.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:05 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Man some of you are tough. They have not even opened LOL. Hey it could be
good if they do a twice cooked Belgium fry for example. A nice clean well done
onion ring. Proper bun with just enough fat (mayo will work) to keep the bun
from getting soggy. Also toast the bun right helps the soggy issue and gives a
better holding ground for toppings. A couple of soups would be nice. Leon and
tecate on tap. A few Minerva microbrews for the folks who appreciate ale. A
nice house margarita.... It could work.

Z

Are you having another fantasy? LOL

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 am

Back to the original question: Can a burger be 'gourmet' food???
I'm with those who say make the dang thing at home and you'll have a better one.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 am

gringal wrote:Back to the original question: Can a burger be 'gourmet' food???
I'm with those who say make the dang thing at home and you'll have a better one.

A burger will NEVER be Gourmet food. It's the scrap they pick up off the slaughterhouse floor. LOL

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 am

Back in the States where I happened upon the knowledge that the burger comes to the individual chain store from a central packaging house where it has been sent in barrels..............I used to pick up a nice roast, hand it to the butcher and say " please grind it". He would then point out the many packages of already ground burger. I would repeat, gently but firmly.......yes, that's why I want you to grind THIS while I watch.
I'm tempted to do this here, but haven't the nerve as yet. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:26 am

gringal wrote:Back in the States where I happened upon the knowledge that the burger comes to the individual chain store from a central packaging house where it has been sent in barrels..............I used to pick up a nice roast, hand it to the butcher and say " please grind it". He would then point out the many packages of already ground burger. I would repeat, gently but firmly.......yes, that's why I want you to grind THIS while I watch.

Tony's will grind those big chunks of beef or pork for you. When we don't go to Walmart to buy ground Sirloin and ground Pork for meatloaf, that's what we do, but Walmart is superior.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 am

Yes indeedy, but I really don't like the looks of Tony's meat very much. I wonder if he still has the full cold case of Big Daddy's stuff?

Lately, we're ordering ground turkey from Costco through Lakeside Express and doing some super meatloaf for sandwiches with it. Makes a good fridge clearer.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:38 am

gringal wrote:Back in the States where I happened upon the knowledge that the burger comes to the individual chain store from a central packaging house where it has been sent in barrels..............I used to pick up a nice roast, hand it to the butcher and say " please grind it". He would then point out the many packages of already ground burger. I would repeat, gently but firmly.......yes, that's why I want you to grind THIS while I watch.

Tony will do it for you. We like more fat in the meat.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:02 am

joec wrote:

Tony's will grind those big chunks of beef or pork for you. When we don't go to Walmart to buy ground Sirloin and ground Pork for meatloaf, that's what we do, but Walmart is superior.

Actually, there is only one way to get well-prepared ground meats and that is to buy chunks of meat, whether beef, pork, lamb, chicken or other cuts and take them home to grind in your own home meat grinder meticulously cleaned after other previous grindings of other meats. You can bet your ass that that butcher who ground some warthog just before you showed up did nothing to purify the meat you are grinding if you are a Jewish or Islamic customer seeking food purified in accordance with your religious tenets. In Chiapas, it is typical for the most reputable of butchers to mix "green" meat with more wholesome fresh meat in ground meat sales because, what the hell, who will ever discover the difference. The same thing is commonplace in Dubuque. Thank God you have a tough gut.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 am

Came home from Yves tonight and the new joint was open.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:08 am

gringal wrote:Back to the original question: Can a burger be 'gourmet' food???

Yea but are you going to make some killer fries to go with that home made burger??? Most folks would not I am guessing.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:15 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Came home from Yves tonight and the new joint was open.

Z

Dawg is on his way there tomorrow. Perhaps an extra dry chilled Yves vodka martini first to whet the appetite, easily the best extra dry martini served up, if not the only one served at Lakeside - period - followed by a gourmet burger at this new joint up the street. Yves´ extra dry martini is one that could be served in San Francisco´s Financial District and pass muster. All other libations served by bartenders at Lakeside would risk tarring and feathering of the barmeister in a true drinker´s town like San Francisco.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:52 pm

hound dog wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Came home from Yves tonight and the new joint was open.

Z

Dawg is on his way there tomorrow. Perhaps an extra dry chilled Yves vodka martini first to whet the appetite, easily the best extra dry martini served up, if not the only one served at Lakeside - period - followed by a gourmet burger at this new joint up the street. Yves´ extra dry martini is one that could be served in San Francisco´s Financial District and pass muster. All other libations served by bartenders at Lakeside would risk tarring and feathering of the barmeister in a true drinker´s town like San Francisco.

His 2oz mohito is always yummy also. Let us know how the burger joint is.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 am

Agree on Yves martini being the best in the area. Maybe he just uses better booze. That would do it.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 am

gringal wrote:Agree on Yves martini being the best in the area. Maybe he just uses better booze. That would do it.
Beer

I have never had a bad drink at Yves and I can't say that for that many resturants. It is obvious Yves cares about his bar.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down