INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care

2 posters

Go down

Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care Empty Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care

Post by ferret Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 am

Be proactive in your own health care because:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/26/us-misdiagnoses-idUSBRE91O15Y20130226?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care Empty Re: Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care

Post by E-raq Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 am

Great article, and a warning to those who take a G.P.'s word for it that something is either very very wrong, or totally fine.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care Empty Re: Misdiagnosis in Primary Health Care

Post by ferret Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:58 am

And it doesn't matter where that GP is located. I was telling Trailrunner that I just dumped my file called "Intestinal Research". It contained hundreds of links that I had researched in an effort to help diagnose my hubby's problem. What Doctor has the time to do that for ONE patient? The body is so very complicated.
For each problem that I've had in my life, it has taken at least three years to get resolved. Some issues have never been resolved. At least, the Doctor here only took six months to get to the bottom of it with much prodding from me.
Do not rely on just the Doctor. They are good but they're not gods. Help them by giving them detailed written reports...and do research.
Climbing off my soapbox now.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 am

ferret wrote:And it doesn't matter where that GP is located. I was telling Trailrunner that I just dumped my file called "Intestinal Research". It contained hundreds of links that I had researched in an effort to help diagnose my hubby's problem. What Doctor has the time to do that for ONE patient? The body is so very complicated.
For each problem that I've had in my life, it has taken at least three years to get resolved. Some issues have never been resolved. At least, the Doctor here only took six months to get to the bottom of it with much prodding from me.
Do not rely on just the Doctor. They are good but they're not gods. Help them by giving them detailed written reports...and do research.
Climbing off my soapbox now.

A very fine soapbox I might add. However you are so much better equipped to deal with this. What about patients who don't have a clue?

Back on soapbox now thanks ferret.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down