INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard's Restaurant new in Chapala

+13
Luisa
seisdedos
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
Eileen Doyle
Trailrunner
gringal
slainte39
Zedinmexico
brigitte
hound dog
viajero
ComputerGuy
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Richard's Restaurant new in Chapala - Page 2 Empty Re: Richard's Restaurant new in Chapala

Post by viajero Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:16 am

I heard that she charges 300 usd per day plus expenses for her guide services,IF that's true she must be very very good. Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Richard's Restaurant new in Chapala - Page 2 Empty Re: Richard's Restaurant new in Chapala

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm

seisdedos wrote:

You know what they say about assumptions. I have exposed her phoniness time and again. She has erroneously written about subjects of which I have a great deal of personal experience, interviewed people that I have known since they were adolescents and has been far too generous about hers and their accomplishments. She has repeatedly lied about the amount of time she has lived in this country. She lies about many of her so-called personal experiences. She is a phony whose true expertise lies in the art of self promotion.

I don't know seisdedos personally and no bones to pick, but I certainly agree with everthing he says in this debate.
A classic case profile of exaggeration exacerbated

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Doyle Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:04 pm

viajero wrote:I heard that she charges 300 usd per day plus expenses for her guide services,IF that's true she must be very very good. Rolling Eyes

She charges $300 USD per day? What do you receive for that? A personal massage, gold plated food, a high end hooker or toyboy?

Eileen Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Eileen Doyle wrote:
viajero wrote:I heard that she charges 300 usd per day plus expenses for her guide services,IF that's true she must be very very good. Rolling Eyes

She charges $300 USD per day? What do you receive for that? A personal massage, gold plated food, a high end hooker or toyboy?

Maybe it's like brain surgery: You're paying for her experience and expertise? Depends on the reality level of same. Sounds like there may be some disagreement on that. I wouldn't know, personally, but some of us would like a job at that hourly rate. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Doyle Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:49 pm

gringal wrote:
Eileen Doyle wrote:

Maybe it's like brain surgery: You're paying for her experience and expertise? Depends on the reality level of same. Sounds like there may be some disagreement on that. I wouldn't know, personally, but some of us would like a job at that hourly rate. Rolling Eyes

I know I would really love a job at that rate. However am not willing to provide any of the services that simply must come with that price.

Eileen Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Anybody else attempted this place?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:49 pm

I left England in 1967 and visited once in 1972. Most British people put mounds of salt on the sides of their plates and from there apply it lavishly to their food. Most cooking was at one time done with little or no salt added and was therefore quite bland.
I say most but by no means all. As someone had said some great chefs have come out of the British Isles.
Some of the best food is to be found at the pubs. Such things as Steak & Kidney Pie, Pot Pies, English Pancakes, Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, Stuffed Leg of Pork, Haggis, Egg & Chips, Roast Chicken & Turkey, Cornish Pasties (from which came Samosas), English Curries (from England's 200 years in India) quite different from Indian Curries and Fish and Chips or Black Pudding and Chips and of course Kippers. How about Mulligatawny Soup from Ireland. Aside from that there are many fine Pickles, Chutneys and Jams plus a mountain of fine cheeses.
Ploughman's Lunch does not involve cooking so we can leave that out.
In central London and in many Cities there are many fine high class Greek, French, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Indian and West Indian Restaurants and I am sure many other ethnic Restaurants have sprung up since I left.
My Mother was a professional cook, having been kitchen servant in her early days and I never had a bad meal at her table. I could not say the same for her many sisters, brothers and cousins. She taught me the essential of cooking a well balanced tasty meal. I still do that today.
While everyone is knocking the British much of the food in Canada and the USA is pretty bad. Some of the worst meals I have ever had have been in Canada.
BTW. I will be eating at Richards, at least to try
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:07 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Anybody else attempted this place?
Yes, twice, with different friends in tow. We all enjoyed the meal and I, for one, certainly intend to go back ASAP. Unfortunately we won't get the opportunity for a few weeks - here is a message from Richard's wife Ros as posted on TOB on April 5 under "Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings".

I am sure many of you know that Richard has been unwell. He has been diagnosed with Hakim's Syndrome, which requires a brain operation. He is going for surgery on Monday, and we have decided to close for a month until he is hopefully fully recovered, and ready to take part as host once again. Thanks for all the wonderful customers we had in such a short time, and I assure you this is only a short interval! Rosalind

Best wishes for Richard's speedy recovery!
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:26 pm

But Dave... the worst meals I ever had were in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Barbados.

The best meals I ever had were in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Barbados.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Traveller wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Anybody else attempted this place?
Yes, twice, with different friends in tow. We all enjoyed the meal and I, for one, certainly intend to go back ASAP. Unfortunately we won't get the opportunity for a few weeks - here is a message from Richard's wife Ros as posted on TOB on April 5 under "Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings".

I am sure many of you know that Richard has been unwell. He has been diagnosed with Hakim's Syndrome, which requires a brain operation. He is going for surgery on Monday, and we have decided to close for a month until he is hopefully fully recovered, and ready to take part as host once again. Thanks for all the wonderful customers we had in such a short time, and I assure you this is only a short interval! Rosalind

Best wishes for Richard's speedy recovery!

I'm sorry to hear this, I wish them well and a very speedy recovery for Richard.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:04 pm

I've traveled in UK often and have always found the food wonderful. I have heard folks saying it's not interesting etc. but I just don't agree with that at all. Restaurant food and home cooked food is really quite good.

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Khof:

No doubt many of us have had differing experiences with food in the UK. Just my opinion but during the 50's and 60's, they worked hard to achieve the negative reputation. By the late 70's, one did notice a change towards the positive.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 am

It's pretty safe to say that cuisine has done a complete 360 in England since those days when it was considered bland.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:35 am

HelperGuy wrote:It's pretty safe to say that cuisine has done a complete 360 in England since those days when it was considered bland.
360?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:49 am

180? About face? Turnaround? Metamorphosis? Transformation? Refinement? Diversification?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

Le Cordon Bleu has a school in London and makes the following statement on their website: "London is considered by many to be the gastronomic capital of the world, attracting many ambitious and talented chefs to work in the city’s growing culinary and hospitality industries." Times they have changed.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Sounds like a bit of a "Border Promotion" to me.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2