INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell? Empty Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell?

Post by Milena Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Flying out on US Airways next week and need a large wheeled/towable duffle bag type of luggage. Must be airline size compliant so if you have checked it through for cargo on any major US airline it should be okay. Can't find in any store here, used fine but in good condition please. Muchas gracias.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell? Empty Re: Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell?

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:34 pm

They've got some fab looking ones at CostCo; don't remember price but do recall "reasonable but not cheap"...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell? Empty Re: Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell?

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Costco NOB sells the following:
[img]Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell? 350-1010[/img]
Price NOB is $49.99.

I am on my second one because of a zipper failure in the lower compartment. On the plus side, Costco issued a full refund after two full years of use and I turned around to purchase the improved version.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Unfortunately, buying something from NOB is not an option, nor is buying at Costco here as I have no way to get there. I need to find someone locally who has a used one in decent condition to sell. Anyone?

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Milena wrote:Unfortunately, buying something from NOB is not an option, nor is buying at Costco here as I have no way to get there. I need to find someone locally who has a used one in decent condition to sell. Anyone?

Of course you have a way to get to Costco. There are many ways to include taking the bus with fellow expats on a round trip to the shopping center where Costco is located. You can sign up at the LCS. They are frequently advertising these regular bus trips to and from Costco from lakeside
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:17 pm

In fact, I'm beginning to think grabbing one of those bus "tours" to CostCo and Galerias might be a lot more relaxing than driving myself...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 pm

No, really, I don't. I only came back down for a few days to deal with issues with my property and I am busy dealing with contractors, plumbers, electricians and other workers here all day every day until I leave.

I simply asked if anyone locally has one they want to sell. Geez.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Milena:

Since we have a habit of going down to Mexico and collecting too many treasures to return NOB with, I have looked around for luggage to return north with. Having looked in Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque, Tonala and various other cities, a wheeled duffle seems difficult to find. On the other hand, conventional luggage with wheels can be fairly common. When I think about the duffle style luggage that I see Mexican passengers on Volaris toting, it appears that capacity is the key ingredient and mobility is achieved through airport carts.

[b]How about Lakeside Express to pick up one of the Costco duffles if they are available in the stores in the Guadalajara area?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 pm

I tried to put in an order with Lakeside Express this week but their site was giving me hassles- didn't recognize my name/password that I've used several times in past. I used their 'contact us' tab and asked if I can place my order there but they never responded. (Does anyone have a phone number for them?) I put in orders for bags of Kirkland Cat kibbles which are donations for Anitas Animals and the Feral Cat Rescue group in Riberas....

The reason I need the jumbo duffle is because I need to cram everything into one checked bag because I am now going home with a cat I lost to the wilderness 7 months ago who miraculously survived out there. She will be one of my carry-ons so i really need a big duffle. I am not leaving without my baby!

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Well, Lakeside Express doesn't list CostCo luggage, unfortunately. But that is the only place I've seen what you're looking for. If you have time, the local bazaars might... since no one here seems to have one for you.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:36 pm

Sorianos has some.....quality of normal question.....looks like duffle bag with wheels.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:13 pm

[img]Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell? Sor_lo10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:47 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:[img]Anyone have a large wheeled duffle bag for airline travel to sell? Sor_lo10[/img]

Neil, So you are correcting my spelling again? Soriana has wheeled duffle bags for sale....probably guaranteed to get on the plane...till a wheel falls off..... Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Jim:

I was actually saving you time and effort since the proper name has one less letter - an "S". You are welcome!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks to all who contributed. I found the perfect JUMBO wheeled duffle, one of those miraculous expanding gizmos with multiple zippers to make the thing as big as desired. A steal for 300 p at the bazaar on the carretera just west of Plaza Bugambillas. Nice folks there and good prices.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down