INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

+15
Dr. Sam Thelin
SenorDorky
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
Jim W
quiltbugj
MexicoPete
dcampbell757
Playaboy
viajero
gringal
arbon
seisdedos
brigitte
Intercasa
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente Empty Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

Post by Intercasa Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Well the car issue has been a hot topic for many people. Just right now we received a response to the vehicle notifications we do for residente permanente where they rejected the persons right to keep their vehicle and said as it was equivalent to inmigrado before and it is for being permanently in Mexico and the vehicle importation is temporary that the person cannot have their vehicle here and must use the retorno seguro to remove it. I have scanned the relevant page we received today. I would advise all residente permanente people to immediately NOT drive their vehicles due to Aduanas oral policy now being in writing, even though it remains a gray area of law to prevent impounding of vehicles in the event of a traffic stop or accident where it may be a hassle to get the vehicle back.

http://www.chapalalaw.com/SAT%20Permanente.pdf
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente Empty Re: Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

Post by brigitte Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:23 pm

It is more no news tham bad news, Inmigrados had to give up their foreign plated car so it was to be expected that this would be the ruling otherwise when Inmigrados change their cars to Permanente they could have imported foreign cars which would have made no sense...

Hopefully they can work out some type of grace period to allow people to go to the border to sell their cars.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente Empty Re: Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

Post by seisdedos Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Gee, there must be SOME way for these people to keep their cars here. Con el dinero baila el perro or so say some. A good lawyer that knows the system should be able to handle it.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Actually the people that are renewing now are in a bind as they really do not have much time to go to the border and sell their cars. The have to get a special letter to leave the country and then leave immediately to go and sell it otherwise they will have to pay more facilitators to go to th US or Canada and sell their cars.
I see a big opportunity for a short while for dual citizens or foreigners to make money driving to the border and selling cars...plenty of opportunity for crooks not to return the money as well. This could be avoided if there was a month or 2 of grace period for the first year .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 pm

As the "Chamber of Commerce have a new deal with Inmigration Service"

Gee, there must be SOME way to keep these people here.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm

arbon wrote:

Gee, there must be SOME way to keep these people here.

They ain't goin' nowhere.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:58 pm

If you know you're going to go Permanente in the immediate future and now you know for certain you can't keep that foreign plated car, wouldn't it make sense to just go get rid of it now instead of waiting for that visa change, after which you're in for a hassle?

Oh, wait........it's suggesting common sense. Bad idea, si? pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Too bad people can't nationalize their vehicles at the aduana at GDL,I would do it in a heartbeat,is it stupidity or laziness that prevents the Aduana from making that an option?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 pm

viajero wrote:Too bad people can't nationalize their vehicles at the aduana at GDL,I would do it in a heartbeat,is it stupidity or laziness that prevents the Aduana from making that an option?

The NON-NAFTA cars were imported into the 3 NAFTA countries by paying an import duty. right?

So Mexico is intitled to the same.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 pm

arbon wrote:
viajero wrote:Too bad people can't nationalize their vehicles at the aduana at GDL,I would do it in a heartbeat,is it stupidity or laziness that prevents the Aduana from making that an option?

The NON-NAFTA cars were imported into the 3 NAFTA countries by paying an import duty. right?

So Mexico is intitled to the same.
What does that have to do with my post?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:52 pm

brigitte wrote:Actually the people that are renewing now are in a bind as they really do not have much time to go to the border and sell their cars. The have to get a special letter to leave the country and then leave immediately to go and sell it otherwise they will have to pay more facilitators to go to th US or Canada and sell their cars.
I see a big opportunity for a short while for dual citizens or foreigners to make money driving to the border and selling cars...plenty of opportunity for crooks not to return the money as well. This could be avoided if there was a month or 2 of grace period for the first year .

There is no opportunity. I have been looking for a car to drive north for about a week. Every single person I talked to asks for "Certified Pre-owned Retail" blue book or top NADA prices as if they are a dealership. I just don't get it. Most of the cars rattle like crazy and have been beaten up by Mexican roads for years.

Some of the cars I looked at are illegally in Mexico or are about to become illegal. They don't thinks so but they definitely are. That is no "plus" when trying to sell a car here.

The reality is that the asking price for the same vehicles on Craigslist in Texas is often less than bottom blue book. A lot of ads have been up for weeks.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dcampbell757 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Has anyone donated, or know of someone who has, a carto Cruz Roja of the Mexican govt? Process and Procedures.

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

I asked the Red Cross (actually Charlie of the Red Cross) if I could donate my vehicle to them. This was maybe two months ago. He said that it would not make sense for them to accept it, something about the Red Tape, etc. I don't remember.

Oh well. At least I'm in the process of purchasing a Mexican plated car.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Spencer - Are newcomers able to apply for Permanente immediately - or do you have to do a Temporal for the first year (at least?) If so this would give some a little more time to get rid of their cars.
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:26 pm

Since I am permanente, can I drive my wife's foreign plated vehicle in her absence. Just wunderin.....with all the possibilities this change could turn into a cluster......of sorts.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm

[quote="MexicoPete"]I asked the Red Cross (actually Charlie of the Red Cross) if I could donate my vehicle to them. This was maybe two months ago. He said that it would not make sense for them to accept it, something about the Red Tape, etc. I don't remember.

Oh well. At least I'm in the process of purchasing a Mexican plated car.[/quote

Pete, I can vouch for Charlie, on the RED TAPE of donating to CRUZ ROJA. My friend past last December, and donated approx. 150,000 pesos to them. We are moving into the 5th month and can't get will thru probate, as the attorney's are still waiting for signed paperwork from Cruz Roja. In the mean time creditors patiently wait for Cruz Roja to get off their arse. Basta
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Hell could freeze over waiting for CR to get it together.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Spencer, what do you think the Mexican folks with foreign plated cars will do? Actually, they may not even know about it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Mexicans cannot have foreign plated cars over the 6 month limit and must return every 6 months to the border, they can only get the permit if they have residence in the US. I know many that do the trip and go shopping in Texas, turn in their permit and get a new one. It is quite common
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Interesting, thanks.

The ones I see scooting around SAT won't have the where-with-all to do that tho. My friend's gardener with the TX plated pickup etc. If he gets stopped by transitos, they check the permit and it's out of date, he pays mordida and he's good to go, right? He doesn't likely have car insurance anyway. He gets in a crash he beats feet. Right?

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:47 pm

PS: How much time do I have to nationalize my car from the date of permanente and what is the cost now? Are you guys doing it?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Trailrunner:

Without knowing what type of vehicle you own, I have to wonder if you might not be better off driving it to AZ and dumping it in AZ and then riding the bus back down from a cost standpoint? Should you choose to nationalize, the vehicle would still have to make a trip to the border and then how many thousand to nationalize while keeping your fingers crossed that whoever you contract with does it in a legal manner?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm

You should nationalize it before you get the visa permanente otherwise you cannot drive your car. You have to apply for a permit to take it to the border and the permit is for 3 to 5 days if you wait after you get the new visa. Then you cannot drive the car until you get the permit..
Naturalization may or may not be the answer, it is not that simple.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Good point Cheenagringo and Trailrunner should read what Intercasa has to say about nationalization on Chapala.com.
Naturalization could also be closed up. Check with his thread or talk to someone who can give you sound advice about it. Do not think it is a right you have, it is not that clear cut.It is also not that cheap even if you are lucky enough to get a person who does it correctly and does not give you funny papers. Be careful. Check with your insurrance agent and discuss it with him or her just to hear what he /she has to say about it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:23 pm

I did consider that.

The car is old but sturdy and very safe, 4x4 fun in the mountains, not worth much, and may not make it to the border. . . What do you mean by "dumping" it? Selling it? Those used car guys along the border know EXACTLY what is happening down here and are offering squat for the cars because they know they have you over a barrel. Did you mean actually just parking it and dumping it? Reporting it stolen in the US?

My immigration lawyers are nationalizing cars and said they would do mine for just under 2000US, if I remember right, and I wouldn't have to go anywhere. Spencer might do it too, dunno.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next