INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS LOL

+5
mattoleriver
kipissippi
RoofBob
arbon
Jim W
9 posters

Go down

FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS     LOL Empty FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS LOL

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I checked with fishing buds, they took electronics, just as Jimmy Huston(Bass Masters) did and located large fish @ 60-80 feet @ Lake Aguamilpa. Since most great Bass Lakes are fairly shallow, trolling for bass doesn't work, but at Lake Aguamilpa, trolling might work, however @ that depth would require down riggers.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS     LOL Empty Re: FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS LOL

Post by arbon Wed May 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Why don't you try Mooching with live sardines?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS     LOL Empty Re: FOR PEDRO....TROLLING FOR ASS.....OPPS BASS LOL

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm

arbon wrote:Why don't you try Mooching with live sardines?

Arbon, that cracks me up....never heard of using sardines to catch Bass.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed May 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Jim W wrote:

Arbon, that cracks me up....never heard of using sardines to catch Bass.

I've never known anyone that fished for bass, when they were near edible fish in the salt-chuck.

At least sardines are better to eat than bass, if you get skunked.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Sorry Arbon, We enjoy our Large Mouth Bass.......you win, we will have a dinner.....you eat sardines, we enjoy our bass.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed May 01, 2013 6:35 pm

Arbon, love to continue debate, but it's time for AMERICAN IDOL....NIGHT ALL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 pm

You wanna catch a big bass deep just drop down a small bass (chomp).
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed May 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Bass has to be one of my faves.... haven't had it in years... haven't even fished in years! I love to fish...just need to find/take the time. When I was a kid on Squaw Mountain Ore, I'd ride my horse bareback, carrying a fishing pole and a five gallon bucket, to the creek up through the woods. I'd catch little six inch trout, carry them back home and dump them in our pond. By the time I was 17 we had some monsters.... but they'd been caught once and had long memories. Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 pm

kipissippi wrote:When I was a kid on Squaw Mountain Ore...
I'm sure there must be a dozen Squaw Mtns in Oregon, are you of the Estacada variety? I'm in suburban Estacada, that would be Eagle Creek---Bonnie Lure to be precise. Some years the hole at Bonnie Lure bridge gets so full of salmon you can smell 'em before you ever see the creek.

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu May 02, 2013 8:14 am

I loved swimming at Bonnie Lure when I was a kid. Great place for a picnic.

I went to the now "long closed" Porter School. It had 8 grades when I was 6, with 24 kids. By the time I was in the 7th grade, 8th graders were sent to Estacada and there were only eleven kids left at Porter. It closed shortly after that.

I miss the Estacada area and planned to move back...until I remembered the winter drizzles. Amazing in the summer though.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 am

this is what happens when this sort of thing is done,
lake simcoe,ontario was alway excellent fer whitefish and herring winter icefishing. the lake trout needed improving everyone thought. the dept. of swamps and bushes stocked smelt fer feed fer lakers and voila,destroyed the herring fishing entirely. yer 3 hook tip up was just off the bottom and about 3 feet up ya had yer herring bait. once them damn smelt were introduced yer upper bait was instantly removed by swarming smelt.
i think i still got weights fer trolling but no mas downriggers. be interesting to try if i ever get to agua milpa.

by the way arbon,sea bass ain't nearly the same as any fresh water bass except maybe white/striped bass.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Is Bass fishing any good in February? Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:49 pm

It should be as good as any other time. I'm going in two weeks. I'll report back on the conditions. So far I hear it is still slow. I'm beginning to think they are netting it out.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldyfeliz Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:49 am

My wife is Mexican and loves to fish, and has made many friends at AguaMilpa and AguaPan . And during these visits , she has been informed that the general opinion at the Lake , is that the Bass fishing
is becoming much slower due to the nets.
The same thing happened in other 5 Lakes we fished in the Union de Tula area

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down