INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MANIX Restaurant Review

Go down

MANIX Restaurant Review Empty MANIX Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:55 am

Nine of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner Group dined at Manix tonight. We ordered our drinks first with most everyone ordering a mixed drink. Hot rolls and butter came after the drinks.

With every meal comes soup or salad. Many of us ordered tonights soup which was Leek and Potato, not a cream soup as I would have liked to have had. It was a bowl and Salads are good sized. The soup didn't resemble Leek and Potato to me. It was onions in a light broth with a scattering of potato. I really didn't care for it. Others ordered Salads which are always good.

Four of us ordered Tempura Shrimp, about 6 medium sized Shrimp that came with Fettucine Alfredo or you could have it with baked potato, veggies and corn souffle. The Shrimp did not have a Tempura batter and two of us didn't really care for them. If you want good Tempura Shrimp properly prepared go to Ricki's Japanese and Thai. I had the Shrimp with potato, veggies and corn souffle. Two other persons ordered Salmon and both said it was overcooked and dry. One ordered Veal Valdostana (tender pieces of Veal wrapped in Prosciutto and cheese). It comes with Fettucine Alfredo. He said he liked it very much. Two others ordered the Manix specialty Osso Bucco. Manix usually has this on Wednesday and Thursday night only, but it was a Special tonight.

The Tempura Shrimp were not a Tempura batter and there were only 6 medium shrimp whereas on my last visit I received 10 Large Shrimp. Those who ordered Salmon said it was dry, so there were mixed emotions on the food quality. Hector, the Chef and Owner was not there.

This was the first time that I didn't have a good meal at Manix in 9 years.

MANIX RESTAURANT
Ocampo # 57
Tel: 766 0061
Closed Sunday

Food: Fair to Good
Portion Size: Good - Excellent
Service: Excellent
Ambiance: Good
Cleanliness; Good
Dinner Prices: $ 120 - $ 140

Last edited by johninajijic on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down