INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,

2 posters

Go down

In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,  Empty In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,

Post by Talosian Sat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm

may I (Gringo legally in Mexico) legally represent myself in a civil case where I am the complainant?
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,  Empty Re: In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,

Post by Intercasa Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 pm

You can in theory but there are things and procedures in the court and unless you have contacts and know how to get things done and know about notifications and time frames, it wont work, how will you provide additional questions at a hearing if you dont speak Spanish and don't understand what anybody is saying?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,  Empty Re: In theory, if I have a Mexican attorney hand-holding me so papers aer done right, etc,

Post by Talosian Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Intercasa wrote:You can in theory but there are things and procedures in the court and unless you have contacts and know how to get things done and know about notifications and time frames, it wont work, how will you provide additional questions at a hearing if you dont speak Spanish and don't understand what anybody is saying?

Valid points, but let's say I know an attorney who I can pay to give m information and a bi-lingual interpreter who has worked in a law office and knows the procedures or can look them up. These people re available to me, and they are not close friends or relatives, just people who know what they are doing and want/need $$.

Time will tell.

Thanks; like Pedro - - I'll buy you a beer.

Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Sat May 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Intercasa wrote:You can in theory but there are things and procedures in the court and unless you have contacts and know how to get things done and know about notifications and time frames, it wont work, how will you provide additional questions at a hearing if you dont speak Spanish and don't understand what anybody is saying?

Valid points, but let's say I know an attorney who I can pay to give me the needed information and a bi-lingual interpreter who has worked in a law office and knows the procedures or can look them up. These people re available to me, and they are not close friends or relatives, just people who know what they are doing and want/need $$.

Time will tell.

Thanks; like Pedro - - I'll buy you a beer.
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 25, 2013 4:32 pm

For some things they will only allow attorneys to be present, and if you don't have one then they will not allow 3rd party spectators. Also translators must be certified by the courts and even then there is a list of favorites, you just cant grab your maid or gardener and bring them into court. The court needs to appoint the translator and then you would need to deposit their fees and few translators are attorneys so nobody is there to help you and even if they were, their role is to translate, not participate or be an advocate for one party or the other, they are there appointed by the court.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down