INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

More fake pedimentos - September 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by Intercasa on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:46 pm

So a client went permanent and wanted us to check their pedimento which was done by a person in Ajijic, not the same person who was selling fake pedimentos and stolen plates but a new person. We tried to check out the pedimento but nothing came up under the vehicle VIN number and the plates did not check out either. I will personally verify the pedimento with Aduana Thursday but I feel it is a fake due to the fact that the client met with the guy to import the car at the beginning of this month and then 2 weeks later got a pedimento dated January 14, 2013, 8 months before the parties met each other or did business. Anybody else out there please check, this person has been mentioned on web boards as being reputable and maybe he or his source have gone bad.
avatar
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2745
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 47
Location : Chapala / Zapopan
Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by little italy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 pm

[quote="Intercasa"]So a client went permanent and wanted us to check their pedimento which was done by a person in Ajijic, not the same person who was selling fake pedimentos and stolen plates but a new person.  We tried to check out the pedimento but nothing came up under the vehicle VIN number and the plates did not check out either.  I will personally verify the pedimento with Aduana Thursday but I feel it is a fake due to the fact that the client met with the guy to import the car at the beginning of this month and then 2 weeks later got a pedimento dated January 14, 2013, 8 months before the parties met each other or did business.  Anybody else out there please check, this person has been mentioned on web boards as being reputable and maybe he or his source have gone bad. [/quote]
Okay, so who is this person? send me a personal e-mail if you do not want his name to appear on the web.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 261
Join date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by Intercasa on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:41 am

Let me check personally with Aduana Thursday and I will post my results.
avatar
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2745
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 47
Location : Chapala / Zapopan
Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by little italy on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:51 am

[quote="Intercasa"]Let me check personally with Aduana Thursday and I will post my results.  [/quote]

Thank you...

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 261
Join date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by Ms.Thang on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:17 am

So why do people not notice that things don't match up when they are handed these documents? I mean, even if you can't read Spanish you can see that dates and other #'s don't match up. And why couldnt you have your computer with you and check it right then and there? Things don't match up, call the cops...crime in progress. Right?

I recently assisted two doctors who had paid a facilitator to process some documents related to their professions but got ripped off. They were given fake cards and the guy had blown off scheduled meetings and stopped answering his phone. Finally a meeting was called with the facilitator under the pretext that I wanted him to legalize my car and he got over there lickety split. When he found out the real reason for the assembly he acted all surprised and claimed he was innocent and named some important names as the likely culprits and claro que si he would get their money back. So, I'm there with the two doctors and video recorded the meeting on my ipad . I was astounded at the approach these doctors were going to take with this guy...they were all "oh, si hermano...tenemos  todo confianza en ti bla bla bla..." . I couldn't take it, stood up and called bullshit , reminded him that he had committed a federal offense and oh by the way I have this meeting on video tape and when are you gonna pay this money back?" . Everyone in the room fell silent, their mouths frozen in a perfect "O" . I couldnt believe how these two intelligent men were just going to shake hands on a verbal agreement to make restitution just smiling and nodding the whole time.
Not me , I  made him  fork over his I.F.E. , photocopy his drivers license and then I showed him his house on google map street view just to make him aware that I knew where he lives.  I had already typed a confession for him, he signed it and agreed to pay within an agreed upon time frame. He missed the first installment and failed to return some documents on the agreed upon date so I called him on that, but he ended up paying the entire balance early because he said that I gave him diarrhea and would they  please ask me not call him again because the documents would be returned the next day, and they were.
Being a lawyer must be such a blast sometimes.

So the two docs did their documents themselves and it was pretty easy except one document being applied for proved to be a challenge but it got done.
I know that this is a polite society but If they had done it their way they never would have seen a single peso and that facilitator would have succeeded in politely screwing them out of their money.
I am just wondering why people are not taking a stand here. Our next step, had our agreement failed, would have been a civil suit. Why are people just rolling over when this happens?


Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by addtocart on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 am

Ms.Thang wrote:
I know that this is a polite society but  If they had done it their way they never would have seen a single peso and that facilitator would have succeeded in politely screwing them out of their money.
I am just wondering why people are not taking a stand here. Our next step, had our agreement failed, would have been a civil suit. Why are people just rolling over when this happens?
Polite society.  If you mean just sitting there while common criminals do business masquerading as solid citizens, then I guess so.
avatar
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 156
Join date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by slainte39 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:23 am

addtocart wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:
I know that this is a polite society but  If they had done it their way they never would have seen a single peso and that facilitator would have succeeded in politely screwing them out of their money.
I am just wondering why people are not taking a stand here. Our next step, had our agreement failed, would have been a civil suit. Why are people just rolling over when this happens?
Polite society.  If you mean just sitting there while common criminals do business masquerading as solid citizens, then I guess so.
Who were the "common criminals"...the two doctors?...everybody in the room?
I took Ms Thang's post, as she wrote it, not a blanket indictment.    scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6691
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by sir on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:41 am

Ms.Thang wrote: I couldn't take it, stood up and called bullshit , reminded him that he had committed a federal offense and oh by the way I have this meeting on video tape and when are you gonna pay this money back?" . Everyone in the room fell silent, their mouths frozen in a perfect "O" . I couldnt believe how these two intelligent men were just going to shake hands on a verbal agreement to make restitution just smiling and nodding the whole time.
Not me , I  made him  fork over his I.F.E. , photocopy his drivers license and then I showed him his house on google map street view just to make him aware that I knew where he lives.  I had already typed a confession for him, he signed it and agreed to pay within an agreed upon time frame.

Ballsy gringas rock! You go girl!

sir
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 51
Join date : 2013-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by Ms.Thang on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:52 am

Well, yes. Common criminals doing business while masquerading as solid citizens . White collar criminals dress well, smile, shake your hand, apologize, make promises etc. and for some reason that makes it very difficult for people to stand up and say " you are a liar and a theif and I am not going to be your victim." And even when we give our documents and money to people who do not have an office or deep roots that make them easy to find and be held responsible it feels improper to ask for I.D. , home address , personal references and such because it is disrespectful to do so. Being " civilized" is just so deeply instilled in the Mexican society in particular it is very difficult to deviate from that even when the criminal is sitting there in front of you. That is just the way it is for a lot of people, not just Mexicans.
We need to change the way we do business with people like the ones who are relieving people of their money under the pretext of nationalizing our cars. No one likes to be rude but too much blind faith and politeness can really cost you.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by Intercasa on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:18 pm

News isn't good, please beware everybody.

If anybody has doubts we can verify pedimentos with Aduana who is the source.

This is the 2nd case where pedimentos were bad and people received ones that were alleged to be originals dated many months before they ever met the person who was nationalizing their vehicle.

These people should know better than to give a pedimento dated like that. The free flow of nationalizations seems to have stopped and many seem to have been having problems lately so I advise extra care and caution these days until things get sorted out.
avatar
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2745
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 47
Location : Chapala / Zapopan
Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Re: More fake pedimentos - September 2013

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum