INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you prove your car is yours?

+4
arbon
sundown
Pedro
Intercasa
8 posters

Go down

How do you prove your car is yours?  Empty How do you prove your car is yours?

Post by Intercasa Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Mexico uses facturas, the US titles and Canada an insurance document or registration paper from a provincial agency. Mexicans always ask for the factura not knowing these other documents exist and what if you are from the US and have a loan and the bank has your title? Then someone hits you and the ministerio publico says you need to prove the car is yours? These 2 federal court cases might help as they say that your car registration is enough and this way you won't be in a dilemma:

[TA]; 10a. Época; T.C.C.; S.J.F. y su Gaceta; Libro XII, Septiembre de 2012, Tomo 3; Pág. 1959

QUERELLA EN EL DELITO DE DAÑO EN PROPIEDAD AJENA. LA TARJETA DE CIRCULACIÓN DE UN VEHÍCULO, NO DESVIRTUADA POR OTRA PRUEBA, ES SUFICIENTE PARA ACREDITAR LA LEGITIMACIÓN DE QUIEN LA PRESENTA (LEGISLACIÓN DEL ESTADO DE BAJA CALIFORNIA).

[TA]; 9a. Época; T.C.C.; S.J.F. y su Gaceta; Tomo XVIII, Octubre de 2003; Pág. 1143

VEHÍCULOS. LA TARJETA DE CIRCULACIÓN ADMINICULADA AL RECIBO DE PAGO DE TENENCIA SON APTOS PARA DEMOSTRAR SU PROPIEDAD.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

How do you prove your car is yours?  Empty Re: How do you prove your car is yours?

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:58 pm

wrong about canada . your car is registered in your name by a document issued by the province that you live in[called registration]. you will receive a license plate/s then, matching the registration.you will not be issued this document and plate/s unless you can show the province that you have insurance on your vehicle.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How do you prove your car is yours?  Empty Re: How do you prove your car is yours?

Post by Intercasa Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm right about Canada, been battling issues for the Canadians. In BC, ICBC issues a document which serves as the title document, it varies by province. Not all provinces use a registration document, that is the point and while all Canadians might not know what document other provinces use, Mexican authorities know even less.

Also what if a Canadian moves to Mexico and doesn't renew his registration document? It still serves as proof of ownership but SAT here doesn't like to see expired registration documents but there is no other document to establish ownership and for those provinces where updating the registration means inspecting the vehicle, then the problem arises with the vehicle being in Mexico with no legal permission to drive on the streets of Mexico.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 pm

i know bc is weird so i cannot say what they do there. unlike you though i have registered vehicles in alberta,saskatchewan and ontario when i was a resident of said provinces. nowhere nohow was the word "title" used.
i would think that if a bc driver is stopped by the rcmp in alberta, he would have to show more than proof of insurance when asked for registration proof that matches their plates.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:36 pm

That is the key. I have become a somewhat expert on what Canadian document prove ownership and the Canadian consulate has helped with letter we have presented to Mexican government offices to ease the burden do to Mexicans assuming everybody has facturas like them or some asking for title like the US where neither applies in Canada. We are training them slowly but surely.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:58 pm

it's not hard to become an expert on that since 'REGISTRATION" is it. even in the territories.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Rather listen to a lawyer that has experience

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:46 pm

There are lots of car issues that arise. The issue is only partially knowing the documents but how to convince the authorities to accept them that I guess is the real trick.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:50 pm

It's doubtful that pedro ever had a vehicle that could get over the Rockies, let alone be "road Legal" in BC.

He even had trouble getting up the hills at Lakeside.

Just a "Registered flat lander"...Eh
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 pm

arbon wrote:It's doubtful that pedro ever had a vehicle that could get over the Rockies, let alone be "road Legal" in BC.

He even had trouble getting up the hills at Lakeside.

Just a "Registered flat lander"...Eh
TFF Arbon, Pedros POS truck has trouble making it to the gas station!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Intercasa wrote:There are lots of car issues that arise.  The issue is only partially knowing the documents but how to convince the authorities to accept them that I guess is the real trick.  
yes that is the real trick as i have learned with other lawyers too.
you know fo about my vehicles  wilson and arbon but funny. and wilson my piece of shit truck will last me a life time. longer than your illegal tfff you prick
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:07 pm

"wilson my piece of shit truck will last me a life time....."

Who else would have a truck painted so it can sit in front of the house and never go anywhere? A truck kept for that purpose doesn't even need to have an engine!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:53 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"wilson my piece of shit truck will last me a life time....."

Who else would have a truck painted so it can sit in front of the house and never go anywhere?  A truck kept for that purpose doesn't even need to have an engine!
rick ranger took me to paz today to get more puros and my favourite tequila.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 am

Pedro wrote:
rick ranger took me to paz today to get more puros and my favourite tequila.
How do you prove your car is yours?  Donkey+pulling+car
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

Spencer, by way of explanation, B.C. may be different because the auto insurance there became a "State" monopoly, run by a branch of government. Everything was centralized and successive governments, more right wing, couldn't find a way to privatize it again without a lot more money. They also have 'no fault' in British Columbia. I haven't searched, but is there any other State or Province which has 'nationalized' their car insurance?

Also, the police can run a plate number and have the registered owner, and their history, in milliseconds. The new automatic scanners, mounted on the cruisers, process thousands of plates per hour.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:10 am

saskatchewan was first[SGIO]. as i remember-i got plates.registration and pl/pd insurance for about 35 bucks in 1978. mantitoba also has gummint insurance. spencer doesn't seem to understand the bc thing.when you get a plate you also get a registration document and that is proof that it is your vehicle not the insurance document. everyone in canada has a registration document which matches their plate/s in the prov or terr where they live. when i moved from sask to alberta ,i had 3 months to change the registration and plates to alberta. same with the dl
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BobC Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 am

CHILLIN wrote:Spencer, by way of explanation, B.C. may be different because the auto insurance there became a "State" monopoly, run by a branch of government. Everything was centralized and successive governments, more right wing, couldn't find a way to privatize it again without a lot more money. They also have 'no fault' in British Columbia. I haven't searched, but is there any other State or Province which has 'nationalized' their car insurance?

Also, the police can run a plate number and have the registered owner, and their history, in milliseconds. The new automatic scanners, mounted on the cruisers, process thousands of plates per hour.
Manitoba has had government insurance longer than BC, I think. When I lived there 40 years ago, I was hit by a guy who ran a stop sign. He was judged to be "at fault" and had to pay my deductible. That was the extent of "fault." I assume he also got a ticket for jumping the stop sign--and was fined and lost points for that.

I thought their system was also very fair. Anything affected by the driver's record was charged at the time of drivers licence annual renewal. I think reinstatment after a suspension ran about $500 the first year--big money in the early 70's. The guy who hit me would have had to pay more the next year. Anything affected by the car (BMW vs Chev, etc.) was paid with the annual registration renewal.

I'm also pretty sure Saskatchewan has had government insurance for a long time, but I know nothing about their system.[Crossposted with Pedro. He confirms it.]

Bob

Last edited by BobC on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cross-posting)

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by BobC Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 am

Pedro wrote:saskatchewan was first[SGIO]. as i remember-i got plates.registration and pl/pd insurance for about 35 bucks in 1978. mantitoba also has gummint insurance. spencer doesn't seem to understand the bc thing.when you get a plate you also get a registration document and that is proof that it is your vehicle not the insurance document. everyone in canada has a registration document which matches their plate/s in the prov or terr where they live. when i moved from sask to alberta ,i had 3 months to change the registration and plates to alberta. same with the dl
Pedro is correct. Your registration is proof of ownership. If the money to purchase the vehicle was borrowed from a bank or whatever, they register a chattel mortgage with what is usually called the "Central Registry" but the name could vary by province. If anyone wants to sell the car--i.e., sign the registration over to someone else, the motor vehicles branch (or equivalent) will check the registry. Exactly what happens then, I'm not sure. I assume they contact the bank to ensure that it is cleared.

The lending institution's name never appears on the registration is the point I'm making.

Leasing is different because the leasing company actually owns the vehicle. It's a long time since I leased a car, but I think the registration read something like Ford Leasing and [my name]. That way, the authorities knew who was operating the vehicle on a day-to-day basis.

Bob

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum