INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your House have SALITRE ?

+3
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
engineer.mike
7 posters

Go down

Does your House have SALITRE ? Empty Does your House have SALITRE ?

Post by engineer.mike Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Whats SALITRE ?
Most of the Mexican houses are plagued with problems of Salitre / Humedad or whats commonly known in the UK as Rising Damp
This is because the houses are constructed without an adequate DPC (damp proof course) which consists simply of a layer of 4"
tape layed in the brick work course at floor level to prevent humidity by capillary action rising up through the inside walls of your house
Basically the walls are sucking water up from the sub-soil into your beautiful home !
The Mexicans dont have a solution for Salitre ,you can find several products in Home Depot-impermeablizantes paints,selladors,special cements by Sika,Fester and Comex but sealing in the dampness doesnt work !...the salts always destroy the cement surface along with the sealant
Dont trust the local Albaniles because theyre all idiots and will lie through their teeth with a non existent guarantee to fix your Salitre
The only recognised way to remedy Rising Damp is to inject a new DPC by drilling into the wall every 4" and injecting a special breathable silicon suchas Dryzone .Drilling a DPC is more work than painting the wall with a ridiculous Mex sealant but youll be FREE from the dreaded Salitre FOREVER ! The Installation can be DIY or by a labourer and the cost of Dryzone is as cheap as what youd spend on the defective sealants ! Contact Mike in Guadalajara email- dryzonemexico@aol.com

engineer.mike

Back to top Go down

Does your House have SALITRE ? Empty Re: Does your House have SALITRE ?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Nice advertorial. Maybe next you can buy a banner ad here.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Nice advertorial. Maybe next you can buy a banner ad here.
Lady this is how I see it.....
solovino....solosefue....soloseregresó....solosedesapareció.....lol!   DOA

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:55 pm

In answer to the deleted post.............
Little brother....I told you that CBob won't allow any family feuds on this board...especially of our ilk.
Now what about salitre...I'm still chipping away with a hammer and chisel.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:56 pm

engineer.mike wrote:
Dont trust the local Albaniles because theyre all idiots and will lie through their teeth
Like I said before you're the idiot,what kind of schmuck would say that all albaniles are idiots and liars?
You're too freaking stupid to be an engineer.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by engineer.mike Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:42 pm

[quote="viajero"]
engineer.mike wrote:
Dont trust the local Albaniles because theyre all idiots and will lie through their teeth
Like I said before you're the idiot,what kind of schmuck would say that all albaniles are idiots and liars?
[/quote
I apologise again for saying that ALL Albaniles are idiots and liars but they ALL know that their sealant treatments wont work and the humidity will return the following rainy season ....its part of the Mex Culture to fix the salitre every year or two and the Albaniles have their regular Clientes
The problem is when the Albaniles give the impression that their sealant will be a permanent solution !
"Viajero" could you contribute something positive to the Forum without embarassing yourself !...this is a serious subject ,the Mexicans wont buy houses contaminated with SALITRE because they say you can never be rid of it ! ]

engineer.mike

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:52 pm

engineer.mike wrote:
viajero wrote:
engineer.mike wrote:
[/quote
I apologise again for saying that ALL Albaniles are idiots and liars but they ALL know that their sealant treatments wont work and the humidity will return the following rainy season ....its part of the Mex Culture to fix the salitre every year or two and the Albaniles have their regular Clientes
The problem is when the Albaniles give the impression that their sealant will be a permanent solution !
"Viajero" could you contribute something positive to the Forum without embarassing yourself !...this is a serious subject ,the Mexicans wont buy houses contaminated with SALITRE because they say you can never be rid of it !  ]
who the hell do you think buys the majority of houses in mexico other than mexicans, dumbass. my neighbour did a fine job on mi casas exterior over 2 years ago and it's just fine STILL. go peddle yer wares NOB.
i just had another thought-are you the re-encarnation of doctor mike-the quack fake doctor!-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:43 pm

engineer.mike wrote:
I apologise again for saying that ALL Albaniles are idiots and liars.  the Mexicans wont buy houses contaminated with SALITRE because they say you can never be rid of it !  ]
Where did you get your engineering degree?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:26 am

it's the same mike so he has no degree. well maybe mail order-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:39 am

I would be far more concerned about whether or not my home was built on caliche or a fault line. Then again, a "voodoo liquid solution" cannot be applied to correct such.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 am

This is an old post but...
I have some salitre in and outside my house. I usually fix it myself but I'm getting old and thought I should get a "professional". Does anyone know of someone who does a good job? My regular fixer uppers are, too busy, sick, or taking it easy now. I've heard that there are some new improved products to at least hide the problem for several years.

Last edited by cypress on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down