INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

+20
papa chango
CHILLIN
TrueBrit
arbon
Rosa Venus
zenwoodle
CheenaGringo
Flamingo
ComputerGuy
slainte39
sundown
gvprod
Lady Otter Latté
simpsca
CanuckBob
Smartalex
Grizzy
addtocart
Hensley
bman2
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! Empty WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

Post by bman2 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:29 am

The loudest ever, kept me and probably half the town awake till 3 AM...I don't care what they were celebrating...3 AM is just plain unreasonable! Usually concerts have gone till midnight at the latest...don't they need a permit...if so who the hell approved the 3AM time-frame!
mariachi WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! 633732
bman2
bman2

Back to top Go down

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! Empty Re: WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

Post by Hensley Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 am

Friends heard it all the way to Chula Vista Norte and Birds of Paradise was it in San Antonio? Friends that live in San Antonio said they didn't hear anything.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! Empty Re: WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

Post by bman2 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:40 am

It was at the soccer stadium in Ajijic.
bman2
bman2

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:29 am

bman2 wrote:The loudest ever, kept me and probably half the town awake till 3 AM...I don't care what they were celebrating...3 AM is just plain unreasonable! Usually concerts have gone till midnight at the latest...don't they need a permit...if so who the hell approved the 3AM time-frame!
mariachi WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! 633732
Welcome to Mexico. They don't care if the whole town wants to sleep. All they care about is themselves.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:59 am

Welcome to the week of San Andres festival. Music, fireworks, 24/7. You learn to sleep through it or go away for the week.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:18 am

Some five years ago, just prior to my first Fiesta de San Andrés, a Mexican friend gave me this warning: "Do not be afraid, Alex. We are not under attack. It's just the fiesta. In nine days we can all get a good night's sleep."
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:37 am

Nice and quiet here in SMA........jaja.

Enjoy!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:33 am

Although it is friggin freezing.....!!!!!!! Much warmer in Chapala.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:50 am

Around day 6 the Hotel Perico starts filling up with locals wanting some sleep jajaja.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:08 am

CanuckBob wrote:Nice and quiet here in SMA........jaja.

Stay there until it's over Bob. Friends who used to live in Ajijic used to beg me to come and stay at my house so they could get a good night's sleep.

Enjoy!!!!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 am

Somewhere in Ajijic this morning a national is saying: “I don't care how quiet it was where they came from... moving down here and expecting us to change our traditions and culture to suit them is just plain unreasonable! Who the hell approved letting them into our country?” flag waver 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:51 am

I love every moment of the fiestas... and yes I am sane
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Normal in the Mexican Culture. Fiestas for many different reasons.
It's like the wearher, we can't change it.

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:30 pm

sundown wrote:Normal in the Mexican Culture.  Fiestas for many different reasons.
It's like the wearher, we can't change it.
A magic moment....for once sundown, you and I are in total agreement.   Shocked   ¡¡VIVA MÉXICO!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Well we didn't come to SMA to get away from the fiesta. It just timed that way. We will be back for the last couple of days of the fiesta. Viva Mexico!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:53 pm

No problem at all with fiestas. Big problem with over-amplified music until 3 am. Followed by wedding parties that go on until 8 am in Chula Vista.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Agreed, however if you can't beat em, join em!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Are those the rockets we're hearing in Chapala Haciendas? WOW!!! I thought they were in Chapala
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:13 pm

There are cohetes in my barrio in Chapala too -- and have been for the past few days. I live north of the soccer field so you may be hearing them from us.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm

bman2 and HelperGuy - did Mexico extend a personal invitation to each of you and did they "cut a deal" promising you peace of quiet? Who are you to say what is reasonable and what isn't as a visitor?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Mexico without fiestas is like Ireland without whiskey Beer Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Husband is REALLY bothered by noise, and we knew what we were getting when we moved to Mexico. We have chosen to live in more rural areas, such as Brisias, Roca Azul and Chapala Haciendas. Life is full of compromises.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Last night was a loud one here in Ajijic, for sure. We live right around the corner from where the concert was held last night. (I slept right through it...it takes practice. Very Happy )

We also had company visiting us from the US and they don't know much about Mexico. This morning they had a 4:30 am wakeup call to get to the airport. Poor things.

I love and cherish being able to live in Mexico where, despite other serious problems, the people know how to celebrate and have a good time.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:30 am

zenwoodle wrote:Mexico without fiestas is like Ireland without whiskey Beer Beer Beer 
Hmmmm!!!  I hate to differ my friend, but there could be nothing like Ireland without whiskey. That's never going to happen because you and I both know that there will always be a shebeen with a drop of poítin.Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 pm

slainte39 wrote:
zenwoodle wrote:Mexico without fiestas is like Ireland without whiskey Beer Beer Beer 
Hmmmm!!!  I hate to differ my friend, but there could be nothing like Ireland without whiskey. That's never going to happen because you and I both know that there will always be a shebeen with a drop of poítin.Very Happy
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next