INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air

+10
espĂ­ritu del lago
Jim W
slainte39
CHILLIN
Pedro
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
Spot
ltollefs
borderreiver
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air Empty FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air

Post by borderreiver Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 am

DateLine Vancouver, BC. At 2340 hrs. and at -6 degrees centigrade a brand new MacBook Air will not take a charge. It will maintain (it's plugged in) but it will not charge. The device has been outdoors for 24 hours. I think I'll take it in now. Otherwise, it's working great.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air Empty Luxury!

Post by ltollefs Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 am

borderreiver wrote:DateLine Vancouver, BC. At 2340 hrs. and at -6 degrees centigrade a brand new MacBook Air will not take a charge. It will maintain (it's plugged in) but it will not charge. The device has been outdoors for 24 hours. I think I'll take it in now. Otherwise, it's working great.
Minus six? Luxury! We here in Saskatoon @ 0530 have -29 degrees centigrade.

ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air Empty Re: FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air

Post by Spot Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:11 am

- 18 in Wyoming

Spot
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air Empty Re: FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 am

Yesterday it was 27C (about 82F) and sunny here in Chapala. They are predicting the same today, and the day after that, and the day after that...................
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air Empty Hell, if it existed, would be pretty much closed for the season.

Post by ltollefs Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yesterday it was 27C (about 82F) and sunny here in Chapala. They are predicting the same today, and the day after that, and the day after that...................
I'd find a bus to stand in front of, but they're not running today.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 am

It is 22F in the Willamette Valley and they expect 4 inches of snow in Eugene and Corvallis.
All schools are closed locally. For the folks who don't know its not suppose to be this cold
in the Valley in Oregon for this long being we are so close to Ocean.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 am

it was -24 c in edmonton last night while the oilers beat the avalanche 7-2
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:33 am

Got curious on how cold laptops can be to work properly. Note the rugged ones can take
more cold if they are military spec.

Z

Normal laptops
Regular laptops have been designed to work within a safe temperature range - normally 50 to 95 degrees F (10 - 35 degrees C). This range refers both to optimal usage temperature of the outside environment and the temperature the laptop should be warmed to before using. Protecting your laptop from cold weather is important and you should know how to protect your laptop from cold weather. Protect yourself and your laptop from the damage cold weather can cause.

Ruggedized Laptops
If your budget allows, purchase or lease a ruggedized laptop if you will be outside in cold temperatures for extended periods of time. Ruggedized laptops have been designed to work under extreme weather conditions. When you rely on your laptop and can't count on the weather to co-operate - a ruggedized laptop is worth considering. Most ruggedized laptops have been tested according to MIL-STD-810F standards.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:08 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yesterday it was 27C (about 82F) and sunny here in Chapala. They are predicting the same today, and the day after that, and the day after that...................
Where are you getting your weather from Bob? It doesn't jibe with Chapalaweather.net. Even Puerto Vallarta is not getting to 27C. Damn cold in the mornings wearing sweats, slippers and fleece - temp in low to mid 60's, then by afternoon, if you can get into any sun, it will warm to low 70's. If there is no sun - then it is cold all day. A nonheated pool is too cool for swimming without a (tropical) wetsuit. It will be this way until April.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:41 am

All I know is...if you sit in the sun, from noon to 2PM...you start to burn.
The shade...a whole different story.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm

CHILLIN wrote:
Where are you getting your weather from Bob? It doesn't jibe with Chapalaweather.net. Even Puerto Vallarta is not getting to 27C. Damn cold in the mornings wearing sweats, slippers and fleece - temp in low to mid 60's, then by afternoon, if you can get into any sun, it will warm to low 70's. If there is no sun - then it is cold all day. A nonheated pool is too cool for swimming without a (tropical) wetsuit. It will be this way until April.
I get the weather from the electronic thermometer in my yard. You must be living in the shade or something. My solar heated pool hovers around 78F degrees now a days. 82F would be better but 78F is doable. BTW that is without a pool cover. I'm sure with a cover I could keep it in the 80s.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm

BTW....at this very moment in the shade we are at 73F.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Bob, Deb keeps our pool @ 88 F.  in Chapala......solar heated....nada here....pool is @ 59  degrees......FREAKIN EFFING COLD and my MacBook Air 851398 Can't wait to get back to Mexico.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Yeah I see Phoenix is only in the 50F's and near freezing at night.........OUCH!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:36 pm

CanuckBob wrote:BTW....at this very moment in the shade we are at 73F.
Just about in line with the temp. at my house....hit 24C today.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yeah I see Phoenix is only in the 50F's and near freezing at night.........OUCH!!!

It was 30 degrees this morning in Casa Grande! Deb played golf....it was 48 when she finished around noon.Blackeye 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:19 am

Checking in at 21 f without windchill. .
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:00 am

-37c at edmonton airport this am and -31c in city. -40c is the same as 40 below 0 f.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:24 am

CanuckBob wrote:BTW....at this very moment in the shade we are at 73F.
Well someone will have to break it to Steve that his carefully maintained, professional weather station is out of whack. It won't be me because I have always found it to be spot on. 65F just after 11 am. Seems right, a bit warmer than yesterday.

http://chapalaweather.net/
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Steve's thermometer must be in the shade cause in the sun it has easily been 80F + the last few days. At this very moment in the shade I have 74F and Steve shows 68F so either he is way up the mountain or yes his carefully maintained equipment is out of whack. The GDL airport also shows 75F at this moment.

I'll let you inform him..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:06 pm

he's right on the lake in riberas ain't he? since we were in the lowest spot in millet on the crick,we was colder than up the hill in the main part of town by at least 1 degree celcius in winter. cold air is heavier or hot air rises or?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Having seen Steve's setup, if I remember correctly he had two different temperature sensors - one at ground level and another somewhere else. If his equipment is reading and reporting from the ground level sensor, it would probably read a bit cooler since it is located on a short tripod nestled in the trees?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Here is three lakeside weather stations, all showing the same - mid to low 60's in the mornings, rising to low 70's from 2-4. High at 4. Hope I am not irritating you - I am following the weather closely to decide if we are going to hang out in Puerto Vallarta for a while.

http://chapalaweather.net/localstations.htm
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by smint Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:02 pm

The dashboard digital temperature in Guadalajara yesterday read 30C.

smint

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:45 pm

CHILLIN wrote:Here is three lakeside weather stations, all showing the same - mid to low 60's in the mornings, rising to low 70's from 2-4. High at 4. Hope I am not irritating you - I am following the weather closely to decide if we are going to hang out in Puerto Vallarta for a while.

http://chapalaweather.net/localstations.htm
Maybe you should buy an electronic thermostat and measure it for yourself. I don't even need a thermostat to tell you it is way warmer than 70F degrees. Or perhaps you are in a place with perpetual shade?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next