INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary Residency

3 posters

Go down

Temporary Residency Empty Temporary Residency

Post by Fastfox Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:02 am

I am getting conflicting information. It was my understanding (as of the most recent regulations) that in order to apply for Temporary Residency in Mexico, one must do so in one's home country at the Mexican Consulate.

After numerous phone calls and an inability to get through to anyone, I finally spoke to someone who informed me that I must go to Mexico to apply for this.

Which is correct?
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Temporary Residency Empty Re: Temporary Residency

Post by Intercasa Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:16 am

No, you must apply for temporary and permanent residency outside of Mexico (unless you have a Mexican spouse or family) and then once the consulate in your country gives you the preauthorization you have 6 months to enter Mexico and once you enter you have 30 days to turn your papers into the local immigration office to complete the process.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Thank you. That is what I thought. The Houston Consulate insists I am wrong. I cannot make them do their job. It might help if I had a link or a resource that I could show her with the most recent regulations.

My only other option is to leave the city and drive to another city hoping their know their own regulations.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 am

Good luck with shopping around for a consulate that will adhere to the rules. Each office is a fiefdom and each does whatever they want. A friend in Dallas couldn't get anything more than a Tourist Visa before coming down. Perhaps showing a copy of the law, in Spanish, will help. But don't count on it as they will probably think you made up a fraudulent piece of paper. They trust no one and you shouldn't either.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down